Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you HAD to wear 1 of the prep designer brands which would it be?

NotSoSuper

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Funny I take my kids their. Some of these stores are owned by the same parent company. The clothes are cheaply made and overpriced. I once bought my daughter some stupid flip flops in one of the above listed stores (lets say they were $20). They had the SAME EXACT flip flops in another one of the stores listed (only with a different silly logo) for $15. They were identical. Neither was a sale. Both had the same parent company. I guess one brand was cooler than the other, if anyone looked close enough at the wings on the flip flops.

It's low quality clothing at high prices, but who am I to say no to my daughter.

Actually, I have a bunch of shirts from American Eagle that have lasted almost 2 years. Same with jeans and flip flops.

Actually, I have a bunch of shirts from American Eagle that have lasted almost 2 years. Same with jeans and flip flops.

Well you fit in perfectly with my 13 year old. $15 for a thin cheap t-shirt. But dad they are what everyone is wearing. :D

Kind of like when we wore parachute pants in the 80's because they were cool. :evilg:

Word.

I've got a couple button up shirts from American Eagle that I've been wearing for probably 3 years now and they're still fine.

They make comfortable khaki shorts as well.

I don't really wear the other brands though, a lot of their stuff pushes the logo or the name of the brand too much for my taste, either with big designs or spelled out in huge fonts across the front or whatever.

Most of my t-shirts/polos are either random things from college or Polo brand (which is typically expensive unless you find one of their outlet stores, where things are 2-for-1 or at least 50% off), and they make some real comfortable shirts.

Rainbow flip flops, bro. Screw those sperry top siders. They look like something Ward Cleaver would wear.
Rainbows are pretty good, but don't knock the Sperry look either.

I don't own a pair myself but I've borrowed a pair from my roommates for a few things and they're real comfortable.

Hollister is a cheap, flashy version of Abercrombie and Fitch. Ruehl is also owned by the same parent company, and is a nicer version of A&F. Basically, Hollister is for high schoolers, A&F is for college-aged kids, and Ruehl is for those who still like the clothes but feel really old when they walk in to either of the other stores.

Where is there a Filene's Basement in VA? I've only seen them in New England.

There's one near where I work downtown. I didn't even know it was a clothing store. My mind associated it with WolfTrap (Filene Center) so I guess I just assumed it was a music place and never looked at it twice.

Never was into the brand name thing...just had the feeling of being punked and ripped off when they slap a name on something and way over charge for it. They are just passing fads.

For me its the trusty Levis and T-shirts....summer and winter...tried and true :cool:

BTW, I'm starting to see popped collars again on polo shirts...is that coming back?? lets hope not.

Rainbows are pretty good, but don't knock the Sperry look either.

I don't own a pair myself but I've borrowed a pair from my roommates for a few things and they're real comfortable.

I got a pair of light colored Sperry's, and they look good when you where them right. I like to wear them with some plaid shorts and a lacoste or polo shirt. It makes you look grown and mature, depending how you rock it.

Never was into the brand name thing...just had the feeling of being punked and ripped off when they slap a name on something and way over charge for it. They are just passing fads.

For me its the trusty Levis and T-shirts....summer and winter...tried and true :cool:

BTW, I'm starting to see popped collars again on polo shirts...is that coming back?? lets hope not.[/quote

Popped collars are major fail imo.

When I was single I used to care what I looked like (J Crew, Banana Republic, Hugo Boss and Armani) now I'm more of an "Ironic T-shirt" and Jeans kinda guy. Or any comic book or Bruce lee or 80's movie t-shirt and some Levi's or Lucky Jeans. I will never wear jeans for flap pockets with an affliction t-shirt. Thats the Douchebag Uniform of the 2000's

When I was single I used to care what I looked like (J Crew, Banana Republic, Hugo Boss and Armani) now I'm more of an "Ironic T-shirt" and Jeans kinda guy. Or any comic book or Bruce lee or 80's movie t-shirt and some Levi's or Lucky Jeans. I will never wear jeans for flap pockets with an affliction t-shirt. Thats the Douchebag Uniform of the 2000's
Affliction/Ed Hardy/etc. are the worst...

I'm never really one to stereotype people based on what they're wearing, and I don't have a problem with graphic tees as a whole, but I'd say probably 90% of guys that I've encountered wearing Affliction or a similar brand have just been douche bags straight out of a VH1 reality dating show.

I didn't know you were black. But why don't black folks look right in them? They make them in black, ya know.

Its not that they don't look right. Every black guy I know has this thing about "thong" flip flops. They think its gay or something. They are like "Its a THONG flip flop". Its just a cultural thing.

Archived