Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry shows for the last OTA

BALLz

This doesn't take away from the fact that it is still a voluntary workout.

per dictionary.com:

vol⋅un⋅tar⋅y

1. done, made, brought about, undertaken, etc., of one's own accord or by free choice

2. of, pertaining to, or acting in accord with the will

3. of, pertaining to, or depending on voluntary action

Well, its completely different meaning with the skins, they have the snyder dictionary. Just ask Pierce and Ryan clark what the meaning of a core redskin is

Of course I-myself know what voluntary means but it is different for the redskin brass. Its just funny to me that the redskins probably pressured Landry soooo much that he had to jump on a plane and fly all the way over here for ONE 'voluntary' practice. If its not a big deal the redskins sure make it seem like a big deal to miss OTAs

I have more of an issue with Landry not calling back Coach Zorn then I do him NOT showing up for OTA's.

As matter of fact, I think the entire situation (Missing OTA's) is being blown out of proportion because news is slow right now. The bigger story is that CEO of his company is calling him, and as an employer he's not showing the RESPECT to call him back.

I uttered these same exact words when Shawn Springs pulled the same stunt with Coach Gibbs.

Its just funny to me that the redskins probably pressured Landry soooo much that he had to jump on a plane and fly all the way over here for ONE 'voluntary' practice. If its not a big deal the redskins sure make it seem like a big deal to miss OTAs

Lavarleap posted in another Landry thread that Laron has actually been in the DC area the whole time - not in Arizona as some reported.

This doesn't take away from the fact that it is still a voluntary workout.

per dictionary.com:

vol⋅un⋅tar⋅y

1. done, made, brought about, undertaken, etc., of one's own accord or by free choice

2. of, pertaining to, or acting in accord with the will

3. of, pertaining to, or depending on voluntary action

Right. No Big *** Deal!!! People around here freak out like the sky is falling or Laron should be on the trading block. Then again, I guess it wouldn't be ES if that didn't happen.

Right. No Big *** Deal!!! People around here freak out like the sky is falling or Laron should be on the trading block. Then again, I guess it wouldn't be ES if that didn't happen.
We get it already, you're cool, you're calm, you're the king of chill and ES is the board for overreaction...sheesh. Want a cookie your chillness?:doh:

I think that you are actually overreacting to members reactions here. Did that make sense?:silly: IMO most everyone here simply thought that it wasn't really cool that Laron was ignoring the teams phone calls...that's all.:)

who cares it means nothing......show up for camp.

OTAs are for the rooks.

As per Chris Cooleys interview this week about OTA's there is a grain of truth in your statement, OTA's are clearly more voluntary for a guy who is an All Pro than for an undrafted free agent.

However don't underestimate the amount of work that goes on in OTA's in terms of installing changes and additions to the offensive and defensive systems.

Anybody who skips all the sessions which Landry did will be behind when camp starts. I'm sure Landry will soon catch up - especially since his role is essentially to play deep centre filed in just about every coverage we run. So I'm not saying the sky is falling but I would not just dismiss OTA's as rookie mini camps.

My thoughts as well. Shawn Springs was never at OTAs. But the coaches always knew where he was and what he was doing. Landry should be expected to do the same.

Lets also not forget, Springs was a long time veteran and didn't need to learn nearly as much. Landry is still very young, and if he wants to be a pro-bowler, he needs to put in the time now. He isn't "there" yet.

While this whole thing was overblown, voluntary has a different meaning when 80+ guys show up and one doesn't. Even if nothing is really accomplished in OTAs, especially for the top tier players like Landry, it just plain looks bad. I don't see any advantage in terms of how coaches, teammates and fans see you to putting yourself in a position of being the odd man out.

Lets also not forget, Springs was a long time veteran and didn't need to learn nearly as much. Landry is still very young, and if he wants to be a pro-bowler, he needs to put in the time now. He isn't "there" yet.

So Landry hasn't shown enough to where a few hours in a weeks worth of OTAs will make that much of a difference?

Come on man. Lets be realistic. The defense will remain mostly intact with perhaps a few new wrinkles. Nothing that a guy like Landry who has played the position for so long can't make adjustments too.

OTAs are going to get anyone to a probowl, I promise you that.

Archived