Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry shows for the last OTA

BALLz

Just saw this on his twitter as well. Nice for him to join the team. Maybe he got the message...

What message?

I'm just happy he has made contact with the team. Like I have stated, I dont' mind him not being there for something voluntary. But not contacting them or returning calls is BS.

Hope everyone can drop it now.

I'm just happy he has made contact with the team. Like I have stated, I dont' mind him not being there for something voluntary. But not contacting them or returning calls is BS.

My thoughts as well. Shawn Springs was never at OTAs. But the coaches always knew where he was and what he was doing. Landry should be expected to do the same.

He hasn't contacted the team?? Really... I missed that, I thought he just didn't want to show up for OTAs.

Agreed.

The not contacting the team was pretty bad, but I think that Taylor did that, too. I wouldn't doubt his mindset of being a team player.

I wish that were the case. Zorn and Co. were saying that he hasn't made contact or returned any calls.

I didn't realize that, I thought people were making Landry out to be a bum for no reason. Not contacting the team is a big deal, Something must be wrong, even T.O. contacts the team went he doesn't want to show up.

But why would he show up now?? Someone must have pushed him to come

I didn't realize that, I thought people were making Landry out to be a bum for no reason. Not contacting the team is a big deal, Something must be wrong, even T.O. contacts the team went he doesn't want to show up.

But why would he show up now?? Someone must have pushed him to come

Nah, I think that you're reading too much into it. He wasn't there, he came today, that's the end of the story.

Nah, I think that you're reading too much into it. He wasn't there, he came today, that's the end of the story.

I've never understood players not taking ONE minute, picking up the phone and calling the team to let them know what is happening. I take my cues from Portis when it comes to participation in practice. IF portis shows up the whole team should show up.

Agreed.

The not contacting the team was pretty bad, but I think that Taylor did that, too. I wouldn't doubt his mindset of being a team player.

I don't think Taylor ever missed two weeks of OTAs w/o contact. I think he missed 2 or 3 days before he showed.

Good deal.

He showed up for a voluntary work out that he doesn't even have to be that. What matters is that he'll be here for the mandatory workouts and he'll continue to be recognized as a threat in the secondary this season. Try not to read too much into players not attending voluntary workouts. At this point in the year media will try to hype anything up.

Only thing that bothers me is the lack of communication.

I've never understood players not taking ONE minute, picking up the phone and calling the team to let them know what is happening. I take my cues from Portis when it comes to participation in practice. IF portis shows up the whole team should show up.

Oh, I think that the no-contact was bull and completely embarrassing as a massive Landry fan, but if he doesn't want to show, then he doesn't show. It sucks, but Portis is a different standard because he IS the Redskins right now.

Good deal.

He showed up for a voluntary work out that he doesn't even have to be that. What matters is that he'll be here for the mandatory workouts and he'll continue to be recognized as a threat in the secondary this season. Try not to read too much into players not attending voluntary workouts. At this point in the year media will try to hype anything up.

Only thing that bothers me is the lack of communication.

See, with the redskins "voluntary" really means "get your behind here and practice". The skins make it a point to have most if not all the team at OTAs. As you can see Landry not showing up has become a topic and my guess is, Someone told landry to get himself here for at least One OTA.

Would you travel for one practice which lasts 2-4 hours? There is really no point to come in for one practice and then leave unless someone in the redskins were riding him to come here. So it really isn't voluntary b/c Zorn and Co. will probably call every 15mins to see why you didn't show up.

He's put it on his blog as well.

http://blog.redskins.com/

As I twittered a few minutes ago, LaRon Landry is in the facility and is expected to be out at today's OTA. Mike Sellers was the first to bust his chops -- "Who is THAT guy," he said, as Landry made his way into the locker room -- but the other guys joined in soon enough. I'm sure the inevitable "Are your teammates furious with you?!?!?" interviews will take place after the OTA session, but I can tell you that -- based on what I saw, at least -- everyone seemed to be good-natured about the whole thing.

Should liven up today's (final) OTA, if nothing else.

See, with the redskins "voluntary" really means "get your behind here and practice". The skins make it a point to have most if not all the team at OTAs. As you can see Landry not showing up has become a topic and my guess is, Someone told landry to get himself here for at least One OTA.

Would you travel for one practice which lasts 2-4 hours? There is really no point to come in for one practice and then leave unless someone in the redskins were riding him to come here. So it really isn't voluntary b/c Zorn and Co. will probably call every 15mins to see why you didn't show up.

This doesn't take away from the fact that it is still a voluntary workout.

per dictionary.com:

vol⋅un⋅tar⋅y

1. done, made, brought about, undertaken, etc., of one's own accord or by free choice

2. of, pertaining to, or acting in accord with the will

3. of, pertaining to, or depending on voluntary action

theres alot of double meaning goin around these days. generally if the whole team shows up for OTA's irs probably assumed the coach and staff want you there, regardless if its voluntary or not...

ever heard of the saying "I highly suggest..." aka, you better do it

Archived