Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Hangover = one of the funniest movies I have ever seen...

RonArtest15

Went to see this "film" against my better judgment. Well, it is bothersome that so many find trash / crude humor so hysterical. It really is a shame how far society has fallen.

I just don't get how folks find this smut funny.

that's why I posted earlier in the thread, about suggesting people see the youtube trailer first, which has a heavy dose of that vulgar/lack of true substance humor that you're talking about.

Went to see this "film" against my better judgment. Well, it is bothersome that so many find trash / crude humor so hysterical. It really is a shame how far society has fallen.

I just don't get how folks find this smut funny.

EDIT: and yes.... we walked out.

What did you expect from a movie called "hangover" that is about the wild adventures experienced by a group of guys in vegas? I've done the party in vegas twice, this movie isn't too far off. Granted, I've never stolen a tiger from Mike Tyson. :silly:

Just for fun, what funny movies have you enjoyed recently?

Personally I thought hangover was hilarious. "Not you fat Jesus" lol

What did you expect from a movie called "hangover" that is about the wild adventures experienced by a group of guys in vegas? I've done the party in vegas twice, this movie isn't too far off. Granted, I've never stolen a tiger from Mike Tyson. :silly:

Just for fun, what funny movies have you enjoyed recently?

Well, ok ...

I really enjoyed films like this...

I now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Talledega Nights

O Brother where Art Thou

----------------

I just found this "film" to be way over the top. It doesn't have to be rated triple R to appeal to the masses and be funny.

I guess it just comes down to preference. Yeah, I acted like that when I went to University.... didn't make it right. It was more embarrassing than anything. My point was trying to make a point regarding the state of humor in film....and imho that film was trash. It was much worse than anything that has come previously. It is like a new low.

That's all.... just an opinion.

Well, ok ...

Talledega Nights

O Brother where Art Thou

----------------

I just found this "film" to be way over the top. It doesn't have to be rated triple R to appeal to the masses and be funny.

I guess it just comes down to preference. Yeah, I acted like that when I went to University.... didn't make it right. It was more embarrassing than anything. My point was trying to make a point regarding the state of humor in film....and imho that film was trash. It was much worse than anything that has come previously. It is like a new low.

That's all.... just an opinion.

all good picks! Especially Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which I thought was insanely funny.

Seems like you are a little freaked out by over the top sex stuff. I don't find anything sexual embarassing at all. I get that reaction when I watch anything with Ben Stiller. His awkward comedy makes me uncomfortable.

I agree with Fighting Irish Guy.

Movies like this are purely Beavis & Butthead humor....."hehehh, he said balls"

It's a childish way of looking at humor that gets old, the 2nd time you hear it.

Just no substance.

And it's not just Comedy that is declining - ALL forms of Art are declining, whether it's music or whatever, they're losing substance and creativity, to be replaced by shallow expression to stimulate your outer senses only. Our society of "artists" have become lazy and shallow

I agree with Fighting Irish Guy.

Movies like this are purely Beavis & Butthead humor....."hehehh, he said balls"

It's a childish way of looking at humor that gets old, the 2nd time you hear it.

Just no substance.

And it's not just Comedy that is declining - ALL forms of Art are declining, whether it's music or whatever, they're losing substance and creativity, to be replaced by shallow expression to stimulate your outer senses only.

Every generation says this. Those that went through "free love", those that experienced the disco, and those that survived the coke covered 80s. I can look back on all those periods and all I see was worse behavior and a lot more dishonest modesty.

Every generation says this. Those that went through "free love", those that experienced the disco, and those that survived the coke covered 80s. I can look back on all those periods and all I see was worse behavior and a lot more dishonest modesty.

I think you're using the comparison of "morality" and I'm not even looking at it from a morality standpoint.

It's not a matter of saying, "this younger generation has no morals", (the way every generation seems to say that about the previous generations)....Rather, it's looking at it from a creative standpoint, at the least.

Some of you guys must not be too familiar with Zach Galifianakis, the guy with the beard. Probably the funniest and most INTELLIGENT comedians out there today. Rarely uses any foul language unless he goes off into improve, but yea.

I'm so glad to see him in this movie, and see this movie becoming very successful. He deserves it.

The title, "Hangover" should be a dead giveway as to what type of movie this was and what type of humor would be in this movie.

Or it could be an indication of the way you feel the morning after you realized you blew $10 per person on this movie :silly:

Well, ok ...

Talledega Nights

O Brother where Art Thou

Ok so you're criticizing The Hangover but you like the Adam Sandler/Kevin James flick about two gay firefighters? I thought that movie was terrible (like every Adam Sandler movie where he attempts humor) and a waste of my money. Never saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall so I can't comment on that nor O Brother Where Art Thou, although I love the Coen Brothers and Burn After Reading is one of my favorite movies so I would like to see this. Talledega had some good moments, but I think recently Will Farrell has been declining in his movies since Anchorman. I would give the same criticism to this as you gave to The Hangover (although from what I've heard obviously not as crude), that the humor was forced and way too over the top.

Archived