Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Does the "Made in the USA" stamp influence your purchase(s)?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Do you try to buy products made in the U.S.? How much importance do you place on buying American-made products?

It's something that's pretty important to me. In stores I check labels and will generally buy the American-made product if the prices are similar and the quality is similar.

I've only bought American-made cars and still have that opinion. It's something I got from my dad I guess, but that's how I am.

I try not to be too preachy about it though (unless someone wants to debate it to death :cool2:)

I used to be gung ho to buy American. A few lemons later and it's not so important to me anymore.

I'll buy quality. If that happens to be American, good. If not.. well then our quality is not up to snuff and needs work.

~Bang

I used to be gung ho to buy American. A few lemons later and it's not so important to me anymore.

I'll buy quality. If that happens to be American, good. If not.. well then our quality is not up to snuff and needs work.

~Bang

That's pretty much how I see it too.

I'll try to buy American but I'm not going to buy something ONLY because it's American made. It also has to be a good product at a good price.

SS brings up a good point about supporting your local economy though. I try to buy my products and services locally. For instance. you can almost always get products cheaper on line but I still check out the prices in stores and if it's not too much more I'll go that rout just to keep the money flowing locally. I also preach buying local to others. In a small town with a small economy like ours, every little bit helps.

I do try to buy not only American made, but Local made as well
SS brings up a good point about supporting your local economy though. I try to buy my products and services locally. For instance. you can almost always get products cheaper on line but I still check out the prices in stores and if it's not too much more I'll go that rout just to keep the money flowing locally. I also preach buying local to others. In a small town with a small economy like ours, every little bit helps.

These are good points. I try to buy some products locally as well. The main thing I can think of is produce. I live near a local produce stand and to be honest the produce is better quality than what is in the grocery store and is usually the exact same price or cheaper.

I'll try to buy American but I'm not going to buy something ONLY because it's American made. It also has to be a good product at a good price.

I'd say that's about right. Don't really go out of my way to check, but between comparable products (in quality and price), I'll definitely choose American.

Same here. Although, I can never see me buying any vehicle besides a Ford, or a Barrack.;)

answer.. YES!

USA all the way, everytime i see it on a product i want to buy and its a toss up. i always check for where its made...

if its made in USA i buy it.... if i see china anywhere on it... i break i throw it in the trash where it beloings

~Bang

That's pretty much how I came to buy a German car.

The quality between BMW and Chevy isn't even close. From fit and finish to the quality of individual parts the BMW is so superior it was a no brainer. Oh well, at least it was assembled in America.

I'd say that's about right. Don't really go out of my way to check, but between comparable products (in quality and price), I'll definitely choose American.

Exactly what I was trying to say. I wouldn't mind if everything had a sticker on it saying where it came from, right up front on the package. It might not be the only way I judge a product, but it would be good to always know which comparable products come from where.

The logic is flawed right now.

I'm guessing that 80% of Wal-Marts stuff is not made in the US, but how many jobs does Wal-mart create?

The fact is, as long as the products are being sold in the US, then you are supporting the US economy by buying it.

The quality between BMW and Chevy isn't even close. From fit and finish to the quality of individual parts the BMW is so superior it was a no brainer. Oh well, at least it was assembled in America.

Yeah, I think with cars it's important to me where it was built. I'll buy a Toyota in a heartbeat, and I'd prefer to buy one made here. Jobs are important.

~Bang

Here's a great idea, lets compare BMW 325 to Chevy Cobalt. That's fair.

~Bang

Exactly, this is how my dad was. He finally bought a foreign car in 1993 when he bought an Acura Legend. He hasn't bought an American car since.

Made in the USA stamps on other things don't influence my decisions. It's usually something I see after the fact and I either say "oh thats nice" if I like the product, or "big freaking surprise" if the product breaks or sucks.

I don't care where its made. If its something I like and is good in quality I buy it. I don't check tags. Typically these things aren't made here anyway. Now as far as cars go, I won't even look at buying American. American cars don't even cross my mind when I'm car shopping.

.. or "big freaking surprise" if the product breaks or sucks.

Man, I hate to say it, but this has been my experience as well. I have felt in my entire adult life that American companies do everything they can to screw the customer. I've been proven right far many more times than not.

Some things I'd buy American all the time. Hand tools, I always buy American. Klein, Craftsmen, good quality there. I've never found hand tools that surpass them in terms of the quality of the tool and the warranty behind it. Some companies do have it together and they get my business loyally.

~Bang

Archived