Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportsTalk980: B Mitch will be inducted into the Ring of Fame

Drunken Master III

My question is if he will be booed during the induction ceremony....

:hysterical:

i was wonderin the same thing. in my oppinion, the question is will the boos be louder than the cheers. i think he deserves the ring of fame though. he gets on my nerves sometimes, but as much as he bashes the team, there have been a few occasions where he did put a non-redskin caller in there place.

BMitch was also a 3rd down RB ... and an emergency QB. He is 3rd(?) on the all time purpose yards list ... let's not belittle his contribution just because he was mainly a special teams player and you may not like his attitude. His stats speak for themselves, and he contributed to our '91 Super Bowl team and many playoff appearances in Gibbs I tenure.

Yea ... but that fumble in the mud aginst San Francisco broke many hearts including mine. Still ... I luv his style and production. This bad memory does not detract ... that's how good Mitch was over many years.

BMitch was also a 3rd down RB ... and an emergency QB. He is 3rd(?) on the all time purpose yards list ... let's not belittle his contribution just because he was mainly a special teams player and you may not like his attitude. His stats speak for themselves, and he contributed to our '91 Super Bowl team and many playoff appearances in Gibbs I tenure.

Ummm, not to nitpick, but his rookie year was '90, so he played in 6 playoff games over 3 years. Not exactly "many" appearances.

No, No, No, and NO! He was a kick returner thats it. Yes he did it well but he does not belong in the ring of fame. He always bashes the team and left here on bad terms. I would be ashamed to see his name up there with the likes of Sonny and Riggins.

Yeah cause the NFL's 2nd all time leader in total yardage doesnt belong on the Ring of Fame especially since he got most of those yards as a Redskin. :doh: Yeah he bashes the team, but he doesnt do it like Peter King or Chris Collinsworth, he bashes the team in the sense that he hates seeing the team struggle. B-Mitch can voice his opinion and yeah I hate some of the things he saids, especially about Portis, but he has passion for the team. He also signed a one-day contract to retire as a Redskin.

Like it would break the franchises heart if he said no. lol.

Agreed, I like his play on the field, gave 110%. Don't listen to him on the

radio only DOC WALKER.

+1 :D It's gotten so that his mouth has overshadowed alot of things he did as a Redskins in my memory.

Ummm, not to nitpick, but his rookie year was '90, so he played in 6 playoff games over 3 years. Not exactly "many" appearances.

Very true.

However, it does not diminish the years where B Mitch was the "heart" of the franchise on the field. Him talking smack to Buddy Ryan is a classic Redskins moment.

I dislike his on-air "opinions, like most radio talk show personalities, but what he did on the field was spectacular.

It is about time and to dismiss him because he has become ****ell on the air reminds me of the HOF voters dismissing Monk because he didn't talk to reporters.

Good for you Brian!

:helmet: The Rook

B-Mitch was the man. Isn't he the all-time NFL leader in return yards (punt and kick)?

I remember during the sleepy mid-to-late nineties he seemed to be the only 'skin on the field whose effort and performance stood out. Too bad it was wasted on crappy teams.

I'm out of the area so I don't hear too much of his radio shenanigans, but he definitely belongs in the Ring of Fame. One of the more underrated 'skins of all time in my book.

My mom lives in the Philly area and she'd always get upset whenever she'd hear B-Mitch praise the Philly fans in comparison to the Skins fans. I guess, apart from his first few years and his last year with us, he played on some crappy Skins teams, while the Eagles were a dominant team during his whole brief duration there. I'd like to hear Mitchell elaborate sometime on what makes him think Philly fans are better than DC fans.

This is why I'm against putting him in the Ring of Honor. I can deal with all of the Skins bashing simply because he's usually just being honest. However I can't deal with putting a self-proclaimed Eagle in our Ring of Fame. I don't understand this at all.

My idea for this was spurred by the announcement that B-Mitch is going in the Ring of Fame.....apologies to the mods in advance if this should be in one of those threads.

Anyway, of course the Ring should be somewhat exclusive and there are probably a good number of players from the Gibbs glory years (and maybe even from the Allen years) who aren't up there. But aside from the posthumous induction of Sean Taylor into the Ring, are there any players or coaches who started their Redskins career after Gibbs retired in early 1993 up there? I didn't think there was, but am not totally sure. Is there a player who fits into that category who is not with the Skins anymore that you think deserves to be in the Ring? And, if not, which post-Gibbs I player or coach do you think will go in first?

Right now you would think Portis would be the most likely candidate, but I'm interested to hear others opinions.

Archived