Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Is Our Starting QB, So Let's Be Optimistic About It...

Exactly, whether we like it or not, Jason is starting Week 1.

A little optimism never hurt anyone.

I agree... But asking certain folks this question is like pulling teeth. Giving JC a year to get familiar with the system makes sence. The fact that JC is in the top tear of QBs than the worst is a fact(stats don't lie). But I'm sure that BLC will be in here shortlly adding nothing but negativity to a forum that's soppose to be possitive.

I think Jason Campbell's "suckiness" is way overstated by those who are frustrated that he hasn't done better. He's not a bad quarterback. He's not great, but he's not bad. That's the reality of it. He's a been servicable quarterback who won't make the killing mistake, but he's not going to win you games single handedly either.

But I will say this. I don't think we've yet seen the best of Jason Campbell in the NFL. Call that optimism, call that a gut feeling, call it what you will. He will do better than he has.

With our defense, he might be enough. If he plays exactly like he did last year, I think we can win 10 games. Even slight improvement and we can win more than that. On the flip side, if he isn't getting it done, he needs to get pulled. He needs to play like he did at Dallas last year and not the way he played at Cincy.

Make Santana the full time punt returner and replace Rock on kickoffs. Zorn also needs to game plan better to mix it up a bit. Can't do the same thing very week and expect success.

With our defense, he might be enough. If he plays exactly like he did last year, I think we can win 10 games. Even slight improvement and we can win more than that. On the flip side, if he isn't getting it done, he needs to get pulled. He needs to play like he did at Dallas last year and not the way he played at Cincy.

Make Santana the full time punt returner and replace Rock on kickoffs. Zorn also needs to game plan better to mix it up a bit. Can't do the same thing very week and expect success.

I wonder how much Zorn has improved in his game planning and play calling?

No matter who is QBing my Skins, that is who I will root for. .......

Me too.... (although expectations were not quite as high for some... ;))

Jurgensen, Kilmer, R. Johnson, Theismann, Kruczek, Schroeder, Rubbert, Williams, Humphries, Rutledge, Rypien, Conklin, Gannon, Frerotte, Friesz, Shuler, Hostetler, Green, B. Johnson, Banks, George, Matthews, Wuerffel, Hasselbeck, Ramsey, Brunell, Collins, Campbell

We should all hope Jason succeeds. Dammit, I want at least what we haven't had since 1999, and that's at least a division crown, which would mean at least one home playoff game. Based on the results of last year, the first part of the schedule looks promising for us to get off to the kind of start as last year. Hopefully the defense holds up its end of the bargain as well. However, if the team is .500 or below after eight games and the offense is struggling, you'll have to consider making a switch.

Great, Great, great thread Califan.

Who knows where Jason goes from here. Everyone of us has a right to be skeptical, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be hopeful that JC establishes himself as our franchise QB. That's simply a win for our team, and if you claim to be a fan, well, that's what you call a good thing.

And there's absolutely no logical reason to believe there is little to no hope for Jason Campbell to do so. There is plenty of hope left, and it's certainly logical. This thread should help some understand that, Califan. So thank you.

I'm all for kind of putting the impasse behind us as a board if we can agree that we reserve the right to return to our opinions based on preseason developments (Jason typically performs well in training camp sessions or did the last couple of offseasons.)

Obviously, I don't believe Jason is that guy but just like last year, I will be excited when he does well. I'd note, however, that even jaws said he had to throw more TDs. And I don't know how Jaws defends someone so strongly who still has problems throwing to guys in stride or at the right moment.

But let's hope that this offseason of personal disappointment and almost being replaced (likely to a crappy team) is able to spark a fire of improvement in Jason and he turns the corner. He doesn't have to be Tom Brady (though that would be nice, it's not happening) but it would be good if he could even be a top 9 QB. I think we can win with a player who is 9th best in the league at the QB position.

We will see but for now, he's our guy. :cool2:

Hey Im with you man. I want him to lock down the QB position. But I think Jaws defends Campbell because when things we clicking, the only thing that wasnt working was RZ offense (even when we were struggling offensively we had the chances to win if we turn RZ attempts into RZ scores).

Considering how so many of the more highly respected QBs in the league get their TDs in the RZ by throwing I look to our offense.

Campbell is allowed to throw 63 times, 11 TDs, 1 INT

Lets take a look at some other QBs who get their money in the RZ

Eli threw 87 times in th RZ and got 17 TDs and 2 INTs

McNabb threw 83 times in the RZ for 18TDs and 3 INTs

Brees threw 92 times in the RZ, 22 TDs, 3 INTs sensational

Every single one of these QBs scored more in the RZ. Every single one of them was allowed to throw more in the RZ. Now of course, you cant become one dimensional at any time but if you arent letting him use his arm, you cant expect him to score you any points.

If we suck in the RZ, and you dont let him throw in the RZ, isnt it wrong to not let him throw in the RZ? What can he do with 20-25 more throws down there? Not more attempts, just letting him throw once we are in there.

So again, I say. Let this man throw.

LOL...my thoughts exactly.

Unfortunately the Jason haters have difficulty with reason

Not a Campbell "hater", but consider two things: One, the highlights are against bottom feeder teams (Lions and Saints) not the Steelers or the Ravens. JC played pretty poorly the second half of the season and averaged less than one TD a game all season long. I'm pulling for him, but let's not look at last year and act like it's proof that he's a franchise qb in the making. Like Zorn said in an interview with K.J., "....he (Campbell) may or may not be that (a franchise qb)." Not even the coach is convinced, so that's pretty telling. Campbell's got a lot to prove, and I hope he proves his doubters wrong. :2cents:

Me too.... (although expectations were not quite as high for some... ;))

Jurgensen, Kilmer, R. Johnson, Theismann, Kruczek, Schroeder, Rubbert, Williams, Humphries, Rutledge, Rypien, Conklin, Gannon, Frerotte, Friesz, Shuler, Hostetler, Green, B. Johnson, Banks, George, Matthews, Wuerffel, Hasselbeck, Ramsey, Brunell, Collins, Campbell

Friesz noooooooo!!!!!:doh:man !

Archived