Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Is Our Starting QB, So Let's Be Optimistic About It...

Mediocrity.....I'm thrilled. Woo hoo!

:doh:

The guy took a big step forward this offseason... and he's looked better. Not elite, but better

The play that stuck out to me was the play where he ran for the TD. Generally he's not really had a problem with taking off with the ball... but he mentally had the mindset to "use his arm as a weapon" with the pumpfake to draw the defender back to the middle of the field, opening up the outside goal line. He recognized that there was nobody open and the pocket was collapsing EARLY and took off before Moss' defender even turned around.

I'm just curious to see how he'll fare when he gets smacked in the face with some adversity.

The line isn't gonna be perfect all year. What's he gonna do when the line breaks down and things get harder?

I hope he figures it out. That's all I'll say.

There are numerous examples of Campbell reacting to being "smacked in the face with adversity", both good and not so good. You don't really have to wait to see. We act like the ONLY play JC has experienced was this preseason, when he wasn't sacked.

Once again though, Good damn thread by Callifan007... Regardless if we were doubters this has helped the preseason jitters and made a positive vibe for JC and this season!!!

That was my goal lol :cool:...gotta throw some optimism on the fire at some point, and there were realistic reasons why we should :yes:...

There are numerous examples of Campbell reacting to being "smacked in the face with adversity", both good and not so good. You don't really have to wait to see. We act like the ONLY play JC has experienced was this preseason, when he wasn't sacked.

Some act that way. Some act that the last half of last season is all that matters. Some act like the first half is all that matters.

He's consistently inconsistent. Let's just hope he irons it out and leads this team to victory when things are at their roughest. I'm not expecting him to be All Pro...I'm just hoping he doesn't hide in his shell when the going gets tough. Rather, he figures out a way to win.

It is very important for our team not to pack it in when we're trying to seal a victory. Not just because you often let a team hang around and make a play to steal the game BUT because Jason needs to continue building rapport with those receivers and making the right passes with the right timing. That means PLEASE do NOT run our backs into the ground once we're up by 10 points. Don't let off the gas until it's very comfortable.

Attack! Attack! Rush'n'Attack ;)

That's the only way to exorcise the demons of Redskins offenses past, I believe.

If I read him right, Jim Zorn will take his foot off the gas and milk the clock when he feels he has a safe lead with the time remaining. This is what he did last season in a few games. It's sound strategy which will win more games than it loses over the course of time. For that reason, it's highly unlikely that Z's offense will ever lead the NFL in points scored, but obviously that's not the object of the game.

If I read him right, Jim Zorn will take his foot off the gas and milk the clock when he feels he has a safe lead with the time remaining. This is what he did last season in a few games. It's sound strategy which will win more games than it loses over the course of time. For that reason, it's highly unlikely that Z's offense will ever lead the NFL in points scored, but obviously that's not the object of the game.

fornicate that!!! I have seen too many damn leads lost.. I wanna see us beat the damn breaks off people at least a few times!!!!!!

fornicate that!!! I have seen too many damn leads lost.. I wanna see us beat the damn breaks off people at least a few times!!!!!!

I'd suggest you prepare yourself for disappointment, then. Zorn doesn't strike me as a football genius, like Walsh, but he seems to be able to hold the goal in mind -- which is to win by at least one point. There's no premium awarded for a bigger margin of victory.

I'd suggest you prepare yourself for disappointment, then. Zorn doesn't strike me as a football genius, like Walsh, but he seems to be able to hold the goal in mind -- which is to win by at least one point. There's no premium awarded for a bigger margin of victory.

Yeah I know, but I'm just wanting to go at least 1 game without having an anxiety attack ffs!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived