Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B-Mitch on 980:Campbell Never Requested Trade!

JeepRyder

You, I and the entire world know he requested that trade. JC is just in damage control because we were unable to get to 5 to draft Sanchez and now he realizes that he looks like a fool (which he is). If the F.O. has any brains (which they don't) they will trade JC for the 6th round pick they can get for him now.

Leaving us with what? I'd rather see what Campbell can do for us this year rather than take a chance on Colt or any other QB on our roster. He was pretty good while Portis and the Oline held up during the first half of last year and he has shown some improvement each year. Dumping him now would ensure that this year is meaningless. With him, at least we still have some hope. I do wish we'd drafted some offensive linemen though.

B Mitch is trying to buffalo anybody that believes him. Like others have pointed out, unless you were living under a rock this past week, Campbell wanted out if the Redskins selected a QB. He's in damage control mode now because he doesn't want to appear like he's arrogant or anything.

But the redskins DID get another QB. Even though they didn't draft him, I wonder how it makes Campbell feel. I still think there is a good chance that it comes down to a training camp battle.

Think about this for a second: The redskins have twice now tried to get rid of Campbell, and failed miserably both times. Isn't that embarassing to the rest of the NFL that they will start JC after trying to dump him 2 times? I think DS and Zorn will let the QBs compete in training camp to save face and at least make the redskins appear to be competent. But whether he starts or not, Campbell is gone after this season...

Tre Wingo asked him if they were trying to move up for Sanchez. Vinny said they were trying to move up, but didn't say to what spot or for what player. He then said, he wished the best for Sanchez and the Jets.

Gotcha.

I think I saw something on the Redskins Twitter thing about him saying we were outbid. Then again I had no sleep and it was in the middle of the night following the draft so I could've seen anything :silly:

Gotcha.

I think I saw something on the Redskins Twitter thing about him saying we were outbid. Then again I had no sleep and it was in the middle of the night following the draft so I could've seen anything :silly:

He didnt say we were outbid, as in, we put in an offer....what he said was everyones asking price was either too high, or they were sticking with their pick and didnt want to trade.

In other words, we were never SERIOUS about trading up to get Sanchez. We liked the guy, if it was a no brainer deal where it was meant to be we would do it, otherwise, no thanks.

You, I and the entire world know he requested that trade. JC is just in damage control because we were unable to get to 5 to draft Sanchez and now he realizes that he looks like a fool (which he is). If the F.O. has any brains (which they don't) they will trade JC for the 6th round pick they can get for him now.

So tell me and the rest of this board, how do YOU know JC requested a trade? Have you spoke with him? Do you even know someone that's close to him? Or are you a sports reporter with inside connections? LOL! Please let me know since you are so "SURE" he did, other than "RUMORS".

You don't like JC, I get that from reading all of your other bash JC responses. But fact is, he's still the QB for the Redskins like it or not.

"So YOU don't know anything about what JC actually said, and that my friend is a "FACT" not a rumor.

RED06

Well I won't have the inutterable gall to try and speak for "the entire world" but I sure as hell don't know any such thing, and it sure looks like YOU are talkin outcher ass, so that really narrows the field a bit.

"Do you want to be happy or right?" Since when does an Oscar want to be happy?

Perhaps...now I know this may sound crazy...but perhaps....bear with me....it was maybe, I don't know, his agent who asked for the trade.

What? Agents? What are they?

Well, you see the vast majority of professional athletes are represented by these things called agents. And agents tend to handle the majority of the business details in athletics.

It is not unheard of for agents to do things like, this is going to sound crazy, ask for a raise or request a trade.

I know. I know. I sound like a lunatic.

But this is all real.

Gotta love smokescreens that can even fake out the diehard fans...

And the starting QB.

So, despite Vinny admitting that they were interested in Cutler.

And Vinny admitting that they looked into trading up for Sanchez but didn't have enough ammunition.

Your position is still that the team never wanted to upgrade the QB spot.

You really should make your tagline: "If it happened, that's the way it was supposed to happen."

Didn't Vinny himself say that we were outbid for that #5 spot??

It was said in the Doc Walker interview that we were not trading our #1 next year, first of all, Second of all we were not keen on trading future draft picks for a change.

As for what vinny said, I can't find where he said anything like that at all. What I believe he said in the video on Redskins.com was they knew how much they were willing to part with, and at #5 the Browns would have wanted more than we cared to part with. Were we interested in Sanchez? Sure, we were even trying to trade up to take Orakpo earlier, but we were not going to sell the farm as the media was pushing.

it was only the media that thouht we would pull a Mike Ditka here.

I'm really impressed by the way JC handled this whole situation. Talk about being professional.

Same here. Cutler started crying like a baby to anybody who would listen and everybody wants him. Jason says he needs to work harder to prove he deserves the job and nobody cares. Truly amazing.

Look, we all should be kissing the jets for what they did for us by taking sanchez. Ok, Cambpell is not a great QB but he will not mess the game up and with the defense the skins will have this year. They will always be in the game. At least we can rest on the fact that Campbell had an 8-8 season in his first year of zorn's system. The way the skins are set up now they can compete. With Sanchez who the heck knows what would happen, the whole ship could go down. Let's all be happy that the skins are solid and the 2009 season will not be a complete bust.

Besides, the skins still have colt to try out and the great thing is next year the draft will be full of good QBs. The redskins can sell the farm to move up and get one of the top QBs next year. Even if Cambpell does well the skins have many options, unlike drafting Sanchez where we would be stuck for a while at least we have options.

And the starting QB.

And Vinny admitting that they looked into trading up for Sanchez but didn't have enough ammunition.

He didn't say we didn't have enough ammunition. He said it was too expensive. There's a difference. He didn't think the asking price was worth the trade because it would probably have take next year's first.

Brian Mitchell was just on 980 and said he talked to Campbell about the rumors he wanted to be traded if Sanchez was drafted and Campbell said he never said that and had no idea where that came from. Mitchell said if u read stories and there arent exact quotes from that player dont believe it.

Everything about the Sanchez interest has been overblown and exaggerated.

Same here. Cutler started crying like a baby to anybody who would listen and everybody wants him. Jason says he needs to work harder to prove he deserves the job and nobody cares. Truly amazing.

Campbell either has been heavily schooled on saying the right thing or he really does try to turn any negative into a positive. :)

Campbell, "When the tables turn, when you do have that big season, and when you do have those great playoff games, you can look back on it and appreciate how it all helped you get to that point."

Everything about the Sanchez interest has been overblown and exaggerated.

I concur, the media was the only one linking us to Sanchez. We've never been known to move up and give up a load of picks in the draft. Trading them away in mass for players that are "established", yes, but not in the draft.

Archived