Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B-Mitch on 980:Campbell Never Requested Trade!

JeepRyder

Clearly a positive and optimistic thread that immediately has brought out the immature Jason Campbell haters once again.

Seems like they can't let up for even one second. Seems like they simply cannot give up the hate or see anything but a dismall abyss ahead.

Obviously from 8-8 their glass is half empty and draining quickly. I have no idea why they don't just trade themselves over to the Dallas board because whining and complaining is a way of life their.

:doh:

Always, always, always. He could cure cancer tomorrow and people will ***** about how Brennan would've done it faster.

PROSCOUT I agree with your statement. Let us all take note of these "Campbell haters" now before something good happens and then they become "Campbell lovers". Until Vinny and Dan step up and get us some quality o-line any quarterback that we have will continue to struggle. The guys we have now were excellent to start out the year but their bodies start to wear down as the season progressed.

Hahaha!

The problem is that you say "most." And I bet you I could point out a few people on this board who would be the rest.

Name them.

Is it possible that one can legimitately think that Campbell is mediocre and an anchor on the offense without "hating" him?

Is there another overused street slang that can be used in place of "hate" in such a context?

Or is life really just one incredibly long Notorious B.I.G. remix? And is that why I hear Diddy mumbling to me in my sleep?

Name them.

Is it possible that one can legimitately think that Campbell is mediocre and an anchor on the offense without "hating" him?

Is there another overused street slang that can be used in place of "hate" in such a context?

Or is life really just one incredibly long Notorious B.I.G. remix? And is that why I hear Diddy mumbling to me in my sleep?

Are there any that can be used instead of "apologist"?

When a poster says the same rhetoric over and over and over and over again in every single thread that discusses a player, positive or negative, and offers no statistics just evidence based off biased eyes, yet seems to know the future and that in that future said player is either on the bench or out of the NFL; then it becomes hating.

Here's an example, just to highlite the difference:

1) I think I've seen enough from JC. I don't think he is the franchise QB this team needs.

2) JC is mediocre, he wouldn't start for any other team, we couldn't trade him for a ham sandwich, he's slow, he's a crybaby for asking for a trade.

#1 clearly expresses an opinion. #2 uses tired rhetoric and rumors to try and pass opinion off as fact. Example #2 is clearly "hating" and what's sad is there are some who, even with this example, can't/won't see the difference.

Ah the "h" word again so predictable and your right he isn't Montana more like Dilfer or Boller.

If the label sticks, wear it, or just bust out the "a" word. Campbell is a QB with flashes of brilliance, but still has a lot to learn, but I get a lot of people get crushes on system QB's (Collins/Brennan)

Are there any that can be used instead of "apologist"?

When a poster says the same rhetoric over and over and over and over again in every single thread that discusses a player, positive or negative, and offers no statistics just evidence based off biased eyes, yet seems to know the future and that in that future said player is either on the bench or out of the NFL; then it becomes hating.

Here's an example, just to highlite the difference:

1) I think I've seen enough from JC. I don't think he is the franchise QB this team needs.

2) JC is mediocre, he wouldn't start for any other team, we couldn't trade him for a ham sandwich, he's slow, he's a crybaby for asking for a trade.

#1 clearly expresses an opinion. #2 uses tired rhetoric and rumors to try and pass opinion off as fact. Example #2 is clearly "hating" and what's sad is there are some who, even with this example, can't/won't see the difference.

Post of the year.

Perhaps...now I know this may sound crazy...but perhaps....bear with me....it was maybe' date=' I don't know, his agent who asked for the trade..[/quote']

Pretty close

NFL sources said last night.

The presence of another young, starting-caliber quarterback such as Sanchez on Washington's roster, however, would spur Campbell's representative, Joel Segal, to contact the team in an effort to find a better situation for the four-year veteran, league sources said.

The Redskins were unaware of Campbell's potential trade demand, said Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations. "We've heard nothing," Cerrato said. "Zero."

as per LaCanfora et al

Name them.

I hear what you are saying. However, the draft is over, free agency is over, and Jason Campbell is the QB. So now is the time for fans to get on board and accent the positive, look for possibilities, and ACCEPT what is.

This is not what Jason Campbell haters do. At every turn it's "Campbell sucks" or "Redskins heading down another losing season", etc. etc.

Perhaps you are not one of these. Perhaps you simply make honest evaluations. Well, I do to. For instance, don't look for me to say that Campbell is not a slow learner. He is. That is a fact. He has proven that to us. He has had problems finding wide open receivers at times. Problems reading defenses at times. And more. But, at the same time, he has not been given much assistance either.

Its not just that Jason has been asked to learn a "new" system every year filled with different terminology, but he has been asked to UNLEARN so many different systems that after a while it all becomes a jumbled mess when you are asked to make a split second game call. Think of it like learning a new language every year, and unlearning other languages and yet many of them sound similar. It has to be confusing, and on top of that, the entire passing game was changed from the Gibbs era to the Zorn era.

Everybody learns at a different rate, some quicker than other, but it does not mean that a slow learner does not learn AT ALL. I can name you QB's that took them 10 years in the NFL to make the pro bowl, but because they were not handed a starting job, drafted number ONE, or expected to rescue a team, they did not undergo the critiscism that Jason does. They were allowed to learn and mature for years. Rich Gannon was one of those. He took his team to the Superbowl, eventually.

Also, notice that the Skins running game was pretty consistent last year, even through the injuries. Of course Zorn kept the Gibbs running plays the same, so nobody had to learn or unlearn anything. It was ONLY the passing game for everybody. Add to that you are bringing in 3 new rookie receivers and your offensive line becomes a revolving door to to injuries and you begin to understand that its not easy to get a real grasp on where Jason Campbell is at this point in his career.

However we will find out in 6 months. Thats the difference between someone like me who is now in a WAIT AND SEE mode, and a Campbell "hater" who could not care less what the circumstances were in the past because they have decided "Campbell sucks".

No, he's not.

He is below average to, at best, average. There is a reason that the Redskins have explored possibilities for upgrading the position and that his trade value is apparently not much more than a late round pick.

Teams do not put a lot of effort in seeking to upgrade above average QBs. And, if they do, teams line up for the bidding to take him off your hands.

Well said

Okay, let’s go through this. In 2008, Campbell was a 62.3% passer with 3200 yards. He threw 13 tds and 6 interceptions. His longest throw was 67 yards and his pass per catch was 10.3 yards and his yards per attempt was an anemic 6.7 yards.

Historically, Jason is a 59.7% passer (mostly due to having a 53.1% ave. in his first year). He’s scored 37 touchdowns (two rushing) and 23 interceptions. In 782 times with the ball he has fumbled a miserable 21 times twice directly giving up tds.

Now, that doesn’t sound like a pro-bowler to me, but it does sound average to above average and if you look at the difference between 06 and 08 shows pretty decent progression.

I don’t personally ever think he will become Montana, Elway, Young, or Marino, but I think he can be a good qb. His stats show that he is a decent and not a bad one already.

So...is his reward going to an extension?

Or are you just talking out of your ass.

Are we still misdirecting the league by saying that we looked into moving up to #4?

What if Denver had called our bluff and accepted the trade for Cutler? Or were they in on the misdirection too?

You S-C-Z haters just aren't willing to give the Skins FO any credit for creativity... and have zero sense of humor ....

Okay, let’s go through this. In 2008, Campbell was a 62.3% passer with 3200 yards. He threw 13 tds and 6 interceptions. His longest throw was 67 yards and his pass per catch was 10.3 yards and his yards per attempt was an anemic 6.7 yards.

Historically, Jason is a 59.7% passer (mostly due to having a 53.1% ave. in his first year). He’s scored 37 touchdowns (two rushing) and 23 interceptions. In 782 times with the ball he has fumbled a miserable 21 times twice directly giving up tds.

Now, that doesn’t sound like a pro-bowler to me, but it does sound average to above average and if you look at the difference between 06 and 08 shows pretty decent progression.

I don’t personally ever think he will become Montana, Elway, Young, or Marino, but I think he can be a good qb. His stats show that he is a decent and not a bad one already.

I for one hear ya.But,he might become a DW.I hope so!

Its not just that Jason has been asked to learn a "new" system every year filled with different terminology, but he has been asked to UNLEARN so many different systems that after a while it all becomes a jumbled mess when you are asked to make a split second game call. Think of it like learning a new language every year, and unlearning other languages and yet many of them sound similar. It has to be confusing, and on top of that, the entire passing game was changed from the Gibbs era to the Zorn era.

-If I was paid millions of dollars every year to learn a language I certainly wouldn't be complaining.

-If I was paying someone millions of dollars to learn new languages and they consistently didn't reach expectations , I would complain.

When every day someone posts negative crappy posts that have no basis in reality, but serve to only spew their bile then yes, the term "hater" is applicable.

Besides, the filter won't let us use ******* half-***** morons

See?

\

-How are 12 td's tied for last in the league average? That seems slightly below average to me.

-His other stats are inflated because of the decisions he makes to consistently throw underneath. Which gives him a high comp% as well as low # of turnovers.

-If I was paid millions of dollars every year to learn a language I certainly wouldn't be complaining.

-If I was paying someone millions of dollars to learn new languages and they consistently didn't reach expectations , I would complain.

What if you had a good grasp of the language, and spoke it well enough, but many people openly mocked you saying you'll never fully learn the language and that you'll likely never improve your capabilities with that language? Would you agree or would you think they didn't know what they were talking about because they have no real way of knowing?

What if you were paying someone millions of dollars to learn one language, but then you changed that language every year, but still expected the employee to have the same mastery in the new language that another employee has with a language he's studied for 3 years straight?

JC hasn't been paid millions of dollars every year. His salary for his first 4 years was $783,000. It just increased this year to $2,830,000 due to a playing time clause.

Really, below average, average, above average, whatever you want to call it. The numbers show that he is a low risk, low reward QB. Low int%, TD%, YPA, YPG. Now, low risk is great (he seems to have addressed his fumbling issues). But, low reward is not what gets QBs the big contracts. What the #s don't show is that I think (and I admittedly don't have access to game film nor the playcalling expectations) he leaves a lot of plays out on the field, through not seeing the whole field, not reading the defense properly, not throwing the ball on time, and not making the courageous throws.

I think what he has shown thus far is that he is eminently REPLACEABLE. There is nothing extraordinary about what he has done. He has flashes of brilliance, stretches of poor play, and a lot of unspectacular. Sure, you can do worse. But, it's not the stuff of unquestioned, long-term commitment.

Archived