Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B-Mitch on 980:Campbell Never Requested Trade!

JeepRyder

Choosing to judge based on one stat diminishes you. I didn't include the trevails of his o line, wide receiver drops, failures to covert numerous third and ones, etc. I laid bare all the stats including negatives (he fumbles too much and his yards per completion/ave aren't so hot).

I could also suggest that there quite a few trips helped out by passing within the five where we either tried to punch it through or failed to get in via the run. Those first and goal from the three or in... often are (to me) the same as a td pass. Still, our ability to scoring has been weak.

In totality though, his stats reveal an average to above average performance. Accounting for all variables, it's hard to tell whether that average performance was superhuman or if it was below snuff.

on NFL networks draft coverage Gruden was praising Campbell. When asked how would he repair the damage, he said most of it was media created, and you can't believe even half of what's printed, and said he and Zorn have a good relationship, and probably already moved on

What the #s don't show is that I think (and I admittedly don't have access to game film nor the playcalling expectations) he leaves a lot of plays out on the field, through not seeing the whole field, not reading the defense properly, not throwing the ball on time, and not making the courageous throws.

I think what he has shown thus far is that he is eminently REPLACEABLE. There is nothing extraordinary about what he has done. He has flashes of brilliance, stretches of poor play, and a lot of unspectacular. Sure, you can do worse. But, it's not the stuff of unquestioned, long-term commitment.

I think this is a fair review. I also think that (whether inbred or fostered) he is way too cautious and there are plays that he should have made that he never attempts. I also think that he is on his last chance. I saw no advantage to selling the farm to replace him, but he has not done anything close to where I would break the bank to keep him.

The coaching staff and most of the fans have come to the conclusion that campbells flaws don't have anything to do with the system he is in, but everyone still points to the system as an excuse.

We did our best to dump him this year. He got lucky and stays, and now he is going to have to change pretty much every fundamental of his game and have a break out year to stay here. I'm not holding my breath. Odds are there is a new man under center in 2010.

\

-How are 12 td's tied for last in the league average? That seems slightly below average to me.

-His other stats are inflated because of the decisions he makes to consistently throw underneath. Which gives him a high comp% as well as low # of turnovers.

The low TD numbers are a RZ thing. We dont have the personnell to be effective there. Ill retract that, we dont use the personnel to be effective down there.

About the turnover numbers. How can that be the case when he didnt turn the ball over hardly in the first half of the season when he was throwing downfield. He had a higher YPA and YPC. It wasnt until the 2nd half the season when every play was dink and dunk that we saw the drop in everything related to offense.

When the offense became dink and dunk his % dropped. His YPA dropped, his turnovers increased.

Im going to have to disagree with your inflation assessment, it doesnt seem to be in line with what actually happened.

\

-His other stats are inflated because of the decisions he makes to consistently throw underneath. Which gives him a high comp% as well as low # of turnovers.

You might wanna do a little research on how the West Coast Offense works before knocking Campbell for that.

Campbell doesn't produce period. Hence Denver wanting Orton over Campbell. We could get a fifth for Campbell atm...... maybe.

He isnt requesting a trade because NOBODY WANTS HIM!

We already drafted the future in Brennan and Daniel. Jason knows that. We went after Cutler then Sanchez. Wouldn't surprise me to see Campbell ride the pine this year or dealt at any time.

The low TD numbers are a RZ thing. We dont have the personnell to be effective there. Ill retract that, we dont use the personnel to be effective down there.

About the turnover numbers. How can that be the case when he didnt turn the ball over hardly in the first half of the season when he was throwing downfield. He had a higher YPA and YPC. It wasnt until the 2nd half the season when every play was dink and dunk that we saw the drop in everything related to offense.

When the offense became dink and dunk his % dropped. His YPA dropped, his turnovers increased.

Im going to have to disagree with your inflation assessment, it doesnt seem to be in line with what actually happened.

Sorry to but in here... but I wish that the fans that think JC sucks would address this question. They call a 6.7 YPA horrible (which I cant argue with really) but before the team started faltering midseason his YPA was 7.6. Thats Brees-esque. Yet people still cling to a theory that JC is just this overall horrible QB. I dont get it.

I understand the whole TD thing and the lack of excitment on the team... but winning cures all.

Sorry to but in here... but I wish that the fans that think JC sucks would address this question. They call a 6.7 YPA horrible (which I cant argue with really) but before the team started faltering midseason his YPA was 7.6. Thats Brees-esque. Yet people still cling to a theory that JC is just this overall horrible QB. I dont get it.

I understand the whole TD thing and the lack of excitment on the team... but winning cures all.

I asked basically the same question yesterday only about the high qbr the first half of the season. Only to be told that stats didn't matter, it's the w/l record. I'm like, Huh? I thought the w/l record the first half of the season was good.

I asked basically the same question yesterday only about the high qbr the first half of the season. Only to be told that stats didn't matter, it's the w/l record. I'm like, Huh? I thought the w/l record the first half of the season was good.

Thats kind of why Ive been championing the "its not a QB problem" mantra as of late. I just think its a misdiagnosis of the actual cause of the problems on the team. Id hate to see the team blow its resources and misdiagnose the actual problems.

If the numbers are right, you could have the situation where the team would mortgage the future to cure a problem that isnt there or to cure a secondary symptom, rather than the actual problem.

Campbell doesn't produce period. Hence Denver wanting Orton over Campbell. We could get a fifth for Campbell atm...... maybe.

There is no evidence to support that other than fan innuendo. At least from what I have read. Nobody ever claimed on either side that Denver liked Orton over JC. Heck... we dont even know how involved we were in attempting to trade. Did we want to? Yes. WHy did we not though. We could have outbid Chicago... but we did not. And all the JC detractors come and spew these rumors as if they are hard faced truth... nobody really knows.

He isnt requesting a trade because NOBODY WANTS HIM!

We already drafted the future in Brennan and Daniel. Jason knows that. We went after Cutler then Sanchez. Wouldn't surprise me to see Campbell ride the pine this year or dealt at any time.

Having trouble understanding this post? Let me interpret it for you:

"I FRIKKEN HATE JASON CAMPBELL. Well, no not really but my mom just discovered my stash of girly magazines under my bed and she won't give them back so now I'm really mad."

Archived