Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B-Mitch on 980:Campbell Never Requested Trade!

JeepRyder

Brian Mitchell was just on 980 and said he talked to Campbell about the rumors he wanted to be traded if Sanchez was drafted and Campbell said he never said that and had no idea where that came from. Mitchell said if u read stories and there arent exact quotes from that player dont believe it.

I hope JC has a great. Its unbelievable how much this kid has dealt with since being here. I mean seriously....there are people who think Colt Brennan is the second coming of Dan Marino. I sure hope Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly get their stuff together so JC has enough weapons to stop defenses from doubling Santana and stay honest in coverage.

I'm kinda of worried about how much info gets out that isn't properly authenticated and the media is just running with it. I mean look at SI and DraftBible.com and what they did to the kid from Boston College. This stuff is ridiculous. JC has never sounded like someone who would request a trade. Sounds like what people would WANT him to say instead. Do football players need to start filing lawsuits? I don't want to hear from any more of Ed Werder "sources"?

It was all a smokescreen...

If by smokescreen you mean the media, then I'd agree. After reading the Doc Walker Interview I was convinced we'd take MS if he was there at 13 but we were not going to trade more than say one pick to move up to snag him. We were doing our due diligence in this matter and the media was hyping Sanchez up on purpose for a reason.

I hope JC has a great. Its unbelievable how much this kid has dealt with since being here. I mean seriously....there are people who think Colt Brennan is the second coming of Dan Marino.

What has he dealt with and what does Colt Brennan have to do with that :whoknows:

As far as the OP, the "demand for a trade" didn't sound like something JC would do unless absolutely pushed to his limit by the talk of other QBs. I think if we went after one now (whatever is left out there to be signed or traded beyond our bench) then he'd be at that limit.

If by smokescreen you mean the media, then I'd agree. After reading the Doc Walker Interview I was convinced we'd take MS if he was there at 13 but we were not going to trade more than say one pick to move up to snag him. We were doing our due diligence in this matter and the media was hyping Sanchez up on purpose for a reason.

Didn't Vinny himself say that we were outbid for that #5 spot??

It was all a smokescreen...

I agree. While I do believe that they wanted MS, they also knew that if they created an atmosphere where a team knew they had to jump into the top ten and select a Sanchez then the probability that a DE or OT that we liked would definitely fall to us given the other teams needs. Its just great that Cleveland of all people were the ones involved in the trade. I totally thought Orakpo was going to be in a Browns jersey in the fall. HTTR!!!!!

You, I and the entire world know he requested that trade. JC is just in damage control because we were unable to get to 5 to draft Sanchez and now he realizes that he looks like a fool (which he is). If the F.O. has any brains (which they don't) they will trade JC for the 6th round pick they can get for him now.

Don't you guys feel we are going down the path of the Giants with Dave Brown if we sign JC after this year? IDK what QB's are out there....but outside of his arm strength, which never seems to be tested to its fullest...who out there could lead this team...NOW?

Actually Campbell told Mitchell this on Friday before he knew what would happen with Mark Sanchez so its not Campbell trying to play the innocent act now. He never asked for a trade. Like somebody else said thats not Campbells personality.

Didn't Vinny himself say that we were outbid for that #5 spot??
Tre Wingo asked him if they were trying to move up for Sanchez. Vinny said they were trying to move up, but didn't say to what spot or for what player. He then said, he wished the best for Sanchez and the Jets.

You, I and the entire world know he requested that trade. JC is just in damage control because we were unable to get to 5 to draft Sanchez and now he realizes that he looks like a fool (which he is). If the F.O. has any brains (which they don't) they will trade JC for the 6th round pick they can get for him now.

In all seriousness-

Campbell certainly doesn't look like a fool for requesting a trade if certain qualifications were met. After all the Cutler and Sanchez talk, Jason had the right to feel unwanted... more importantly, this is his contract year, probably his best chance to get a BIG wad o cash to set him up even better for the rest of his life. He wouldn't get it if he were demoted to back up watching a golden child draft prodigy. His best chance at the good contract would be to leave and go to a qb hungry team.

He had the right to be suspiscious, hurt, and annoyed with all the rumors. Jason is an average to above average qb, based on his stats and performance last year. If the ifs go right we will all have a fun 2009, but if the ifs go badly, you can be right. The question is do you want to be happy or right?

Archived