Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really want Snyder gone?

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't want Snyder gone; I really believe he wants first and foremost to win. What I do want is for him to stop thinking he "knows football" just because he's owned a team for 'X' number of years, hire a real freaking GM, and get out of the way. Just sign the checks, Dan!

I agree, but while we all thought little Danny was growing up under Gibbs once he left little Danny could not help himself and stay away from the meddling.

Yes.....

he has ruined my team. while i do believe he is a fan and wants to win.... that just isnt enough. he should've learned to leave the team alone more, but he has not learned his lesson.

Ruined???? Where was the team before he bought it? In shambles, nice revisionist history Renegade. Lets not act like he bought the team of the 80's and ran it into the ground. This was a team after Gibbs left that went straight down the gutter and stayed there.

Can you taste the anger, fans in their 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's all up in arms and the draft is not even here. HECK most of us are still pissed about missing the second rounder for Taylor as well. No wonder Taylor left, he cashed his check and left town, can you blame him?

It is an absolute embarassment that the only good thing that can be said about the guy is that he "wants to win badly."

Who gives a flying **** about that?

I really, really want to be President of the USA and would try really, really hard at being good at it.

Should I have that job? I promise I would really really want to be good and successful!!

Please.

Snyder is an UNMITIGATED FAILURE as an owner. He has taken what once was one of the proudest and most respected franchises in the NFL and turned it into a joke. Yes. It's ALL HIS FAULT. All the parts change except Danny, and the results are the same. That pretty clearly establishes a causal chain to Danny.

He is a failure. That anyone continues to support is ASININE. It goes to show that some of you would support the devil himself if he happened to be affiliated with the team; some of you have no capacity to admit a problem with the team. And the first step to fixing a problem is identifying it.

So please. For the love of the franchise. Please stop making excuses for Danny because you think he wants to win. That doesn't mean ****. Start holding him accountable for the results. And the results show he is an absolute, undeniable FAILURE.

I don't want him to sell the team. The guy is willing to spend money to better the team and I respect that. I would like to see him be a little smarter with the money though. To often we go for a big name when we don't need him.

He's not just willing to spend the money - he's COMPELLED to do it. But he doesn't know what he's buying - just that someone else wants it. Once he gets it he's not sure what to do with it. :doh:

Lets be honest. Dan Snyder isn't selling this team anytime soon.

Danny is a great marketing guy and businessman, but has NO BUSINESS helping decide what personnel the team goes after. He's never played football, and has proven he shouldn't be a part of personnel decisions (see Jeff George).

I would LOVE to see him go, or at least get his nose out of Vinny's behind and get a REAL football guy in here to acquire personnel.

If we go the Sanchez route this year (and trade up to get him) then I say we go 5-11 because of lack of depth on both lines among other things. In fact, I almost hope Sanchez fails miserably (like AKILI SMITH bad) so that Dan MIGHT, I say MIGHT, think about getting rid of Vinny and start changing his ways on personnel for my favorite team. We wont get anywhere with this regime. Ever.

I don't think he will ever change his ways, with or without Vinny, a leopard cannot change its spots .

I would like to see him gone as soon as possible. He makes a mockery of the game. His ego keeps telling him his way will work yet he only looks like a fool with no reguard for his teams future. Draft picks are like toilet paper and therefore were always two injuries away from sucking every season. No competition at any position just high priced starters with practice squad backups.

It is an absolute embarassment that the only good thing that can be said about the guy is that he "wants to win badly."

Who gives a flying **** about that?

I really, really want to be President of the USA and would try really, really hard at being good at it.

Should I have that job? I promise I would really really want to be good and successful!!

Please.

Snyder is an UNMITIGATED FAILURE as an owner. He has taken what once was one of the proudest and most respected franchises in the NFL and turned it into a joke. Yes. It's ALL HIS FAULT. All the parts change except Danny, and the results are the same. That pretty clearly establishes a causal chain to Danny.

He is a failure. That anyone continues to support is ASININE. It goes to show that some of you would support the devil himself if he happened to be affiliated with the team; some of you have no capacity to admit a problem with the team. And the first step to fixing a problem is identifying it.

So please. For the love of the franchise. Please stop making excuses for Danny because you think he wants to win. That doesn't mean ****. Start holding him accountable for the results. And the results show he is an absolute, undeniable FAILURE.

In the six seasons (1993-1998) between Gibbs leaving and Synder buying the team, we've had two non-losing (.500 or better) seasons (2 out of 6 = 33%) and ZERO playoff apperances.

In the 10 seasons Snyder has owned the franchise (1999-2008), we've had six non-losing seasons (6 out of 10 = 60%) and THREE playoff appearances.

Snyder hasn't ruined this franchise, he's just started making us respectable again.

Ruined???? Where was the team before he bought it? In shambles, nice revisionist history Renegade. Lets not act like he bought the team of the 80's and ran it into the ground. This was a team after Gibbs left that went straight down the gutter and stayed there.

losing is one thing, being a laughing stock is an entirely different thing. everytime free agency opens up, i cringe. anytime there is a player who is unhappy where he is or with his contract *BOOM* every media member immediately starts with snyder, and unfortunately they are usually right.

Snyder is basically a terrible, terrible GM disguised as an owner.

Snyder hasn't ruined this franchise, he's just started making us respectable again.

Jesus Christ.

Now I've seen everything.

This claim shows a level of stupidity and lack of awareness that I cannot begin comprehend.

If you think Snyder has made the team more respectable even an iota, then there is a gulf between the realities we live in of such size, that I cannot even begin to cross them.

Yes we were having some down years after Gibbs left; most teams do after a run. But the only consistent over the last decade with the team is Snyder, and the only thing we have consistently done is have debacle after debacle. Sneaking into the playoffs a couple of times does not mitigate. To this day, the entire league is laughing at us as we fumble about in a QB search like we fumbled about in the coaching search (and will embarass the team even further over the next 12 months where we will have some QB catastrophe and then fire Zorn).

If you think this team is respected right now, you don't know what that term means. We are a joke compared to how we once were.

(Edit: I see that you claim to be 20 years old; that must be the reason for your point of view... you don't know anything else but Snyder).

Jesus Christ.

Now I've seen everything.

This claim shows a level of stupidity and lack of awareness that I cannot begin comprehend.

If you think Snyder has made the team more respectable even an iota, then there is a gulf between the realities we live in of such size, that I cannot even begin to cross them.

Yes we were having some down years after Gibbs left; most teams do after a run. But the only consistent over the last decade with the team is Snyder, and the only thing we have consistently done is have debacle after debacle. Sneaking into the playoffs a couple of times does not mitigate. To this day, the entire league is laughing at us as we fumble about in a QB search like we fumbled about in the coaching search (and will embarass the team even further over the next 12 months where we will have some QB catastrophe and then fire Zorn).

If you think this team is respected right now, you don't know what that term means. We are a joke compared to how we once were.

Call me stupid for not caring what everyone else thinks about us, but if we fill the strong side linebacker spot (which I believe we will do with Rey Maualuga), this is a 10 win team. We are not the lions or the raiders and we went to the second round twice under Snyder's watch. That's not sneaking in or licking the floor for crumbs.

That was a dynasty in a completely different era of football history, and won't be match easily. It's not like the window has closing on us like some other franchises, we still have some solid young talent here to make runs for another five years at least.

edit: right, I am 20, so I know this is the 21st century and we have to make history instead of crying about the past and how good it was.

He may care about the Skins and want them to win but he doesn't know how to. It's badly structured, no GM, he doesn't place power in the proper position/hierarchy. I don't dislike the man personally but I don't think he's a good owner. Obviously he is an above average business man/marketer etc. but he interferes too much and quite frankly doesn't know how to run an NFL franchise where it matters(FOOTBALL, personnel, etc.)

Archived