Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really want Snyder gone?

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, I would like him to sell the team because he clearly won't change. He reminds me so much of Victor Kiam, former owner of the Pats. He was a lifelong fan and wanted them to win in the worst way, but he ended up smothering the team with his meddling. In dismay, he sold them to Bob Kraft. I hope this bit of history repeats itself and the 'Skins get an owner that 'gets it.'

If Snyder cannot figure out he needs to hire real football people to run the football side of the team, I would be thrilled if he sold the team. I don't care how much money he throws around, effort he puts into it, or how much he wants to win if the end result remains the same with mediocre teams.

I have already given up my season tickets as long as he is owner and have no plans to even buy another jersey to give him a dime more of my money.

For every ticket you give up, there will be plenty of people willing to buy it and take your place.

I'm sure he is going to miss the money you spend on the team :doh:, are you trying to be heard?

Like it or not, he IS the owner of the Redskins. I am a Redskins fan. Like him or not I am going to support him as long as he is the owner. I am not going to stop supporting the team as much because I don't like the owner and we haven't been that great of a team lately, that is called being a "fair weather fan". :)

I am sure you will open your pocket book again if we start to win games with him as our owner.

Yes, I would like him to sell the team because he clearly won't change. He reminds me so much of Victor Kiam, former owner of the Pats. He was a lifelong fan and wanted them to win in the worst way, but he ended up smothering the team with his meddling. In dismay, he sold them to Bob Kraft. I hope this bit of history repeats itself and the 'Skins get an owner that 'gets it.'

IDK Mr. Obvious it is staring me right in the face, and I just don't get the point of your post?

J/K, great point.

Exactly, keep the owner forever. Replenish the ranks of the entire FO (Except the finacial people). Keep Snyder. I believe that once we eventually get this thing turned around, he will of the great owners in this league.

You act as if we have a choice.

I think Snyder should sell if he can't back off and get out of the football part of the business.

For every ticket you give up, there will be plenty of people willing to buy it and take your place.

I'm sure he is going to miss the money you spend on the team :doh:, are you trying to be heard?

Like it or not, he IS the owner of the Redskins. I am a Redskins fan. Like him or not I am going to support him as long as he is the owner. I am not going to stop supporting the team as much because I don't like the owner and we haven't been that great of a team lately, that is called being a "fair weather fan". :)

I am sure you will open your pocket book again if we start to win games with him as our owner.

Then let someone else give their money to him, but I will not. There are plenty of fans who support the "team" who do not support the owner. It is my choice to support the team how I choose. If they didn't care about my money, why do they continue to send me mail trying to get me to buy tickets again? Sorry, but I don't have a pocket book, it is a wallet and no, I will not give that man another dime regardless of your crystal ball. Snyder is a business man who knows nothing about football. Would you continue to invest into a business being run by a CEO as poorly as Snyder and consistently being dysfunctional and in disarray? I would not.

Not surprised to see so many "yes" picks.. no matter how unfair that may be.

So many fans of other teams would LOVE to have a guy like Snyder who does whatever he can to win. The majority of you, given the funds that he has at his disposal, would make the same deals that he does. I understand that winning is paramount, but we would be in no better shape with any other owner in the league. He does whatever he can to try and better the team.. he's not always right, but it doesn't change the fact that he gives an edge in this league.

I voted NO.

I would have said NO for every year and day until this offseason. I did not agree with 90% of the handeling of the offseason.

I wanted to give him time, because I truly felt his free spending ways would benefit us eventually. But I kept thinking eventually we will have a 3 year period of re-building this team under him. But the wait has lasted 10 years now. I no longer think he will ever re-build until we get a SB first. IMO, that means this could last for 15 more years?

It goes a lot quicker than you think, but it is a long part of my life with the Skins. We are already in our 10th year with him. And I still remember that year clear!

So now I will say YES! I am done with this. Whether it is Vinny who leaves or Snyder, one has to go! This franchise needs change. I mean Vinny has been here 9 of the 10 years, and the two years we made the playoffs (for you technical math geeks, yes we made the playoffs in 1999, but they didn't make any impact then), Gibbs had the final say. So someone has to go.

interesting question.

i love bashing dan and vinny but when you get down to cases what i love even more is the way dan is wiling to spend to get players. i think it's good to have an owner with some financial firepower like dan snyder. dan's metal has been tested and through it all he has proven to be a gamer. he just does not quit. he gets bashed in the media and by the fans but he's still in there swinging. sooner or later dan and vinny will get it all in one sock.

on a different note, an old and slow oline and receivers that can't separate will make any qb look bad.

All those that voted yes would **** themselves if, as a replacement, a guy like ralph wilson came in; an owner too cheap to do anything for his franchise.

You might not agree with the personnel moves, but the guy wants to win, and spends his fortune to help the team win. He's far better than many other owners, if only for that reason.

I think Vinny is the problem NOT The Danny....

Really? I missed that. You should make a sig about it :paranoid:

Snyder loves the team, the franchise, and its history. He's not a people person like many owners I've seen win championships in the past few years. It's like they say, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity." I honestly believe that he doesn't know any better. He just comes across as this weasely', disingenuous, money driven owner, and that's why many despise him. I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. He's not as tangible or lovable as some owners. He's no Ted Leonsis if you know what I mean. Snyder seems a bit socially awkward, at least publicly, so people have trouble connecting to him.

As for selling the team, I think he should sell the team if he loves the Redskins. If he had offers and it made sense, he really should consider it. But his ego would never allow that it seems. I truly believe that he's turned this franchise into one big proverbial hamster wheel. It's really sad...and frustrating, but he means well. What do you do? I hope, for the first time in his tenure, that he finds that franchise guy who can turn this thing around really soon. Lord knows that he hasn't found that guy or that group of guys to date. I'm not even entertained by them anymore which is why I pocketed the $9800 this year instead of shelling it out to watch the hamster run on that same wheel, in that same location, with the same results, if you know what I mean. Watching him run is much more fun and less expensive from home, especially in HD :) Go hamster, go!!! :doh:

I know, why all the hate on DS? He is getting better with FA moves.

Getting better at what? Putting newer and more flashy clothes on the hamster [refer to above post] :)

Making "better" FA moves doesn't translate into more wins. Every Redskins fan who has followed the team for the past ten years, at least, knows that.

Its true. I like having an owner that loves the team and not just because he owns it, but because he grew up a skins fan.

So having an owner who has followed the team since the early 70's equates into a successful franchise? Nope. Having an owner that loves the team and 99 cents will get you a McDouble.

OK, seriously, there are THAT many people that don't want him gone!?!??!!????!?!!!!!

Wanting to win badly doesn't mean he gets a free ride on everything he does wrong. We are seriously the Raiders of the East. The only reason the Lions, Browns, and Bengals are worse are because they don't have as much money to spend. But lets face it, we are ran just as poorly.

Dan Snyder runs the Redskins franchise like a fantasy football team. He just smacks a bunch of names together and hopes they jive. He overpays players to underperform. It's gone on for too long. Haynesworth is going to make three times what he is worth, and he won't play more than 10 games this season.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=62199452851

Archived