Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your opinion on jerseys, ect.

dcoles11

I realize i'm in the minority with this opinion and I would not go out of my way to make fun of or criticize someone for doing this but I will not wear a sports jersey.

The reason is, I find it kinda odd to wear clothing that has another man's name on it. I think jerseys are for kids, because to kids, these guys are their heroes. I also think it's fine if women wear them, I think it's kinda sexy actually.

But at a certain point I think you age out of having athletes as heroes, if you're in your 30s I don't see how Chris Cooley is a hero to you.

I'm all for supporting your team and the players but I do it by wearing just normal clothes that say Redskins on it, I have a closet full of Redskin t shirts and polos.

I also think NASCAR t-shirts are just flat out creepy, the ones that have an actual picture of the driver on the shirt. I just can't understand why a grown man would make the decision to wear a shirt that had the picture of another man on it. Again, fine for kids, a little wierd for adults in my opinion.

As I said, I wouldn't go out of my way to criticize someone or make fun of them for wearing a Redskin player's jersey or any other jersey, I just wouldn't do it.

Anyone else share my opinion on jerseys?

As I said, I wouldn't go out of my way to criticize someone or make fun of them for wearing a Redskin player's jersey or any other jersey, I just wouldn't do it.

I also think NASCAR t-shirts are just flat out creepy, the ones that have an actual picture of the driver on the shirt. I just can't understand why a grown man would make the decision to wear a shirt that had the picture of another man on it. Again, fine for kids, a little wierd for adults in my opinion.

I only wear jerseys to sports games. They aren't a part of my regular wardrobe. I got a Sean Taylor jersey because he was my favorite player, not my hero. I have a Portis jersey because he is my favorite player... not my hero. I have an Archeletta jersey, well, I don't know why I have an Archeletta jersey. I must have been high when I bought that one.

But yeah, as a full grown man, I don't buy jerseys because that particular player is my hero. I buy a players jersey because I think that they are a good player. As far as why I bought the Semin jersey... well... it kind of speaks for itself.

You qouted two seperate things Dictator, so the point you were trying to make was not made.

Big difference between a name on a jersey and a picture of man on a t shirt. I clearly said that as well.

A NASCAR t-shirt with a drivers picture on it, is not a jersey. I said I wouldn't go out of my way to criticize someone or make fun of them for wearing a jersey, never did I say that about someone wearing a t shirt with the picture of another man on it.

I only wear jerseys to games or when im going to a bar to watch a game. And only if the teams jersey i am wearing is playing.

I never understood when i would go to FedEx for a Skins Giants game and see someone rocking a Rams jersey. :whoknows:

exactly. I can't go to Chargers games wearing Skins jerseys, and I don't understand the guys who come to Padres games wearing Cubs jerseys when we're playing the Giants.

I only wear jerseys to games or when im going to a bar to watch a game. And only if the teams jersey i am wearing is playing.

I never understood when i would go to FedEx for a Skins Giants game and see someone rocking a Rams jersey. :whoknows:

or even worse, when someone wears a jersey of a team from another city AND another sport.

Like I said, I'm not hostile or anything towards anyone that wears jerseys, It really doesn't even cross my mind when I see people wearing them at games. I don't think any less of someone that does. I think when I really notice it is when i'm at the mall or something and I see someone wearing a jersey and it's like a Wednesday and not even football season.

It's just something I don't do and I was just wondering if anyone else was like me and didn't wear jerseys.

As far as people wearing jerseys that aren't of either team that is playing, yeah I have no idea why people do that but you seem to see it all the time no matter the sport.

I can understand wearing jersey's to show support for one's team. It's the same concept as wearing a shirt or a polo. As far as having "another man's name" on it, well what do you expect? They don't really sell blank jerseys. As far as wearing another teams jersey to a game I don't have a problem against it. I live in RI and go to a bunch of Red Sox games b/c that's what's closest to me. If i feel like being a douche I'll wear my O's jersey regardless of the other team playing. It's more of a stand against a division rival. I don't however get wearing a completely different city and sport though.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. I don't have an issue wearing a jersey to support a team, but in my mind wearing a polo shirt with any thing to do with the skins is idiotic. To each their own.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. I don't have an issue wearing a jersey to support a team, but in my mind wearing a polo shirt with any thing to do with the skins is idiotic. To each their own.

Thats quite a leap to go from jerseys (which are designed to be worn with shoulder pads and by people participating in a sporting event) are ok to wear but polos with a skins or any other team on it is idiotic.

Why is it idiotic?

Im from DC and I am a Redskins fan. But I live in San Diego. Friends invite me to the game so I wear my Skins jersey. I will root for the Chargers but I NOT a Chargers fan.

When my son was younger I uesd to get jerseys and on mine I would put "Big Mike" and on his I would put "Mike Jr". it was cool and we would wear them out together. now that he is 13 I am not cool any more :(

exactly. I can't go to Chargers games wearing Skins jerseys, and I don't understand the guys who come to Padres games wearing Cubs jerseys when we're playing the Giants.

you cant wear a skins jersey but youll rock a 49ers jersey? :doh::silly:

My dad always told me that at about 30, you shouldn't wear other Men's names on your back lol. I agree with him. Maybe I can just get a custom jersey with my name on it, but I do love wearing Polos with my team's logo on it dcoles.

When my son was younger I uesd to get jerseys and on mine I would put "Big Mike" and on his I would put "Mike Jr". it was cool and we would wear them out together. now that he is 13 I am not cool any more

That made me smile haha.

you cant wear a skins jersey but youll rock a 49ers jersey? :doh::silly:

It was my boyfriend's bday, and we were in AZ...so yes, I wore one of his Frank Gore jerseys

And yes, when I go to Chargers games I will wear my LT jersey...I actually really want a Merriman jersey

Not because I like these teams better than the skins (helllllllllllll no), but I actually like the Chargers and will root for them when they're not playing the Skins. But you know what I'll be wearing come the SD game, no doubt, Mike.

It was my boyfriend's bday, and we were in AZ...so yes, I wore one of his Frank Gore jerseys

And yes, when I go to Chargers games I will wear my LT jersey...I actually really want a Merriman jersey

Not because I like these teams better than the skins (helllllllllllll no), but I actually like the Chargers and will root for them when they're not playing the Skins. But you know what I'll be wearing come the SD game, no doubt, Mike.

youll wear a chargers jersey but you wont sport your skins jersey because they arent playing?

were gonna have to send you in the porta-potty with a female skins fan i think to see if you are wearing anything chargers under it.

i wouldnt wear a merriman jersey if you paid me even though he is from MD and went to MD. Ill wear a MD jersey..but nothing outside of a Redskins jersey. ****s real up in here!!

Nope sorry cant say i share the same opinion, as well as say , 700000 fans at a game on any given sunday at FedEx (of course im just throwing a # out there heh) But i only own 2 Dave Butz jerseys (both signed) and 1 Lavar Arrington(replica) and 2 ST Jerseys (1 authentic and one pro bowl jersey) both of which are framed.

youll wear a chargers jersey but you wont sport your skins jersey because they arent playing?

were gonna have to send you in the porta-potty with a female skins fan i think to see if you are wearing anything chargers under it.

i wouldnt wear a merriman jersey if you paid me even though he is from MD and went to MD. Ill wear a MD jersey..but nothing outside of a Redskins jersey. ****s real up in here!!

ohhhh **** son. even if someone stripped me down, the last line of defense I have is my skins tat, so it automatically negates any and all other teams' outerwear

My dad always told me that at about 30, you shouldn't wear other Men's names on your back lol. I agree with him. Maybe I can just get a custom jersey with my name on it, but I do love wearing Polos with my team's logo on it dcoles.

I actually have both a home and away jersey with "Coles" on the back, which is my last name. I got them because when L. Coles was traded they were on sale for like $30.

I've never worn either one though, I just display them, along with my other Redskins stuff.

Besides the fact of not wanting to wear a jersey with another man's name on it, I just don't think they look very good on people, they aren't designed to be worn like a t-shirt, they look huge and floppy on everyone.

I also like wearing polos with the Redskin logo on them, I wore them all the time when I was a teacher, which satisfied the collar rule ;)

Thats quite a leap to go from jerseys (which are designed to be worn with shoulder pads and by people participating in a sporting event) are ok to wear but polos with a skins or any other team on it is idiotic.

Why is it idiotic?

The jerseys that they sell to the public are not meant to be worn with pads or are they for sporting events. They're made specifically for fans to wear to support the team. Which I suppose you can say is true of the polo shirts as well. I'm just not a fan of polo shirts with logos as it is, let alone one with a team name. I just associate them with cheap work shirts that retail people wear or things that go along with trade shows.

ohhhh **** son. even if someone stripped me down, the last line of defense I have is my skins tat, so it automatically negates any and all other teams' outerwear

i know you THINK you keepin it real...but you aint.

you keepin it FUNKY...and not the G FUNK kind neitha...

****s real in the wild west son...protect ya neck. foolz out here are trying to dog the skins and you supportin them...

The jerseys that they sell to the public are not meant to be worn with pads or are they for sporting events. They're made specifically for fans to wear to support the team.

I could be wrong but i'm not so sure there is any difference between the authentic jerseys that cost over $200 and the ones the players wear on the field.

Unless you are talking about the cheap ones they sell at footlocker or whever that have the screened on names and numbers.

Nope sorry cant say i share the same opinion, as well as say , 700000 fans at a game on any given sunday at FedEx (of course im just throwing a # out there heh)

As I said from the get go, I know my opinion of jerseys is in the minority.

i know you THINK you keepin it real...but you aint.

you keepin it FUNKY...and not the G FUNK kind neitha...

****s real in the wild west son...protect ya neck. foolz out here are trying to dog the skins and you supportin them...

Watch out or I'll show u what happens when keepin' it real goes wrong.

I don't like people playin' on my phone!!!

And it's all real son....you will see. I WILL be down to Winstons this year, BET ON IT. Now that you have a gf, it'll be allll gravy baby.

Archived