Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your opinion on jerseys, ect.

dcoles11

I could be wrong but i'm not so sure there is any difference between the authentic jerseys that cost over $200 and the ones the players wear on the field.

Unless you are talking about the cheap ones they sell at footlocker or whever that have the screened on names and numbers.

The authentics stretch and the replicas dont, you COULD wear pads under a authentic but people that do that look like fools IMHO

Watch out or I'll show u what happens when keepin' it real goes wrong.

I don't like people playin' on my phone!!!

And it's all real son....you will see. I WILL be down to Winstons this year, BET ON IT. Now that you have a gf, it'll be allll gravy baby.

oh yeah? my girl dont like people sportin 3 different teams. she will be wearing my laron jersey and she dont like LT neitha!!

break yoself foo!!

oh yeah? my girl dont like people sportin 3 different teams. she will be wearing my laron jersey and she dont like LT neitha!!

break yoself foo!!

yo girl apparently called yo skins stuff "****" according to the random thought thread, so she has no clout with me

The authentics stretch and the replicas dont, you COULD wear pads under a authentic but people that do that look like fools IMHO

so the authentics are the same thing the players wear on the field then right? They aren't alterted in any sort of way for the general public? You could slip an authentic Portis jersey you bought at the store in his locker and he wouldn't know the difference?

Na not really.

I will be 30 in May. I rock jerseys every Sunday during football season. I have several players from several different teams as well as my Skins jerseys. I love them. I don't see what the big deal is about the name on the back. It is representing my Team or Favorite Players that I want to give support to. I have no intention on stopping because I'm turning 30. I don't feel 30 is old, I'm just getting started. :D

so the authentics are the same thing the players wear on the field then right? They aren't alterted in any sort of way for the general public? You could slip an authentic Portis jersey you bought at the store in his locker and he wouldn't know the difference?

They are different slightly.. like the ones the players wear are tailored differently, especially around the arms, but im sure Mark The Homer could explain every little difference in detail better :)

They are different slightly.. like the ones the players wear are tailored differently, especially around the arms, but im sure Mark The Homer could explain every little difference in detail better :)

aren't the game worn jerseys longer, too?

Yeah, I assume each player has their own preference for sleeves and what not that they have tailored but the authentic jerseys that you can buy at nflshop or where ever are the same things the players wear.

aren't the game worn jerseys longer, too?

I don't think so. I have 2 jersyes (that I don't wear) and they are authentic. If they were any longer, they'd be a dress. I think they are pretty much exactly what the players wear.

It's pretty obvious when holding one of them up that it is designed to be tucked in, you can tell just by the cut. So I don't think they make them any different in lenght.

I don't think so. I have 2 jersyes (that I don't wear) and they are authentic. If they were any longer, they'd be a dress. I think they are pretty much exactly what the players wear.

It's pretty obvious when holding one of them up that it is designed to be tucked in, you can tell just by the cut. So I don't think they make them any different in lenght.

They are longer have fun reading this thread by the jersey expert :)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=247947&highlight=jerseys

Look how long this Griffin gamer is, none of my authentics are THAT long

dcp3980dr9.jpg

My biggest qualm with jerseys is much they cost. I've heard of people paying hundreds of dollars or whatever, seems like overkill. I got my Art Monk jersey for $22 off ebay. And it looks somewhat real. I get compliments on it every time I wear it.

I hear the OP though. There is something odd about it. I think it depends on your style. Some people can pull it off. I generally just wear mine on gameday. Definitely if I'm going to the game.

Don't agree with you at all. I wear jerseys year round, I wear polos with a Skins logo, I wear t-shirts with Redskins players on them, I have redskins socks, hats, and even underwear. I wear all of it year round....

Why?!? because I am a Redskins fan 24/7, 365! Not just during the season.

my 2cents

The $300 jerseys are completely different from game issued/worn jerseys. If you were buying an 'authentic' Albert Haynesworth, it would not have the linemans cut (no sleeves virtually) - it would be VERY ugly.

Check out Marks jersey thread

Well aside from the sleeves and the length, which I think players have tailored to their preferences.

Aren't the authentic jerseys, essentially football jerseys? As in, they are the same material, same layers, and you could wear shoulder pads under them?

Thats my question about the authentic jerseys.

Well aside from the sleeves and the length, which I think players have tailored to their preferences.

Aren't the authentic jerseys, essentially football jerseys? As in, they are the same material, same layers, and you could wear shoulder pads under them?

Definitely football jerseys, but not the same cut at all. As stated before, real gamers have spandex sides and actually hugs the players bodies. You COULD wear pads under them, but you COULD wear pads under a Pink Portis Replica that a woman would wear.

They are not the same, really. Wait for Mark the Homer to chime in

I only wear jerseys to games or when im going to a bar to watch a game. And only if the teams jersey i am wearing is playing.

I never understood when i would go to FedEx for a Skins Giants game and see someone rocking a Rams jersey. :whoknows:

haha those are my favorite. i dunno why people do it. i guess just to get attention

I am critical of jersey use too:

1. Anyone can wear a jersey, but not anywhere. Only for sporting events or when you are sporting it the day before or after a game.

2. NO, NO, NO to jersey's of former players, or ones that changed their number. Unless, it is a throwback. But not a raggedy original throwback, but a fresh one.

3. Jerseys have to be fresh. Once the number, name, and strips start to crack and tear away, time to hang it up.

4. No, jersey's of a team to a game where that team isn't playing.

Archived