Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ruse Of The Game

Ax

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

• Yes-it saves time.
    • No-that is gross.
    • Sometimes.
    • I like cheese.

Why would Seattle draft a QB? I don't understand this.; They have a good veteran in Hasselbeck, and they have Seneca. Their problem for the longest time has not been QB play, it has been injuries at WR. They should take Crabtree or Macklain, if they don't they are stupid. (or an OL or DL) Taking a QB is stupid, unless they want to trade Hasselbeck to Tampa or Minnesota.

Sounds like mathews or Laurinits (sp?)

Well Seattle needs a replacement for Hasselbeck he is getting up there in age. Wallace is ok but is destined to be a back up any where he goes in the league. Yes they do need help at WR but they also need a replacement for Walter Jones who is 35 years old.

Yeah I am thinking Matthews too.

I see this as being extremely plausible, since everyone knows our FO has a long running history of getting what and who they want even if it breaks the bank.

I see it as being very implausible since everyone knows our FO has a long history of retardation.

I actually had a theory like this too. Even JLC has admitted that the Skins spin circus was going at an unusual rate at the Combine. It would be the greatest manipulation of the media EVER. Having said that......I don't have much faith in our FO actually being able to pull something like this off. But, dude, if this is true I will laugh for a decade.

I don't believe the Skins have any interest in a QB in the draft, I think our Owner is as likely to be part of the Cult of Colt as he is to be interested in Jay Cutler, but I can't put it past him. When the team brought in Sanchez for a look, it was pretty obvious to most people that they were posturing, and it's been a pretty regular occurence for other teams and agents to use the Skins as implied "competitors" in deals and trades before.

Sooooo, I hope you're right Ax, cause I'm totally digging this idea.

My league sources tell me that this whole thing was a ruse. An elaborate scheme to dictate how the upcoming draft would play out. Vinny Cerrato wants to trade out of the 13 spot. He knows that one of the top three rated QB's is going to be there. My league sources tell me it will be Mark Sanchez. In order to sweeten the deal that will be offered, by Minnesota, according to my league sources, they have to believe we are seriously considering drafting Sanchez for ourselves. They will then make us an offer we can't refuse, which we won't. We will swap 1st's and pick up a 3rd this year, and a 2nd next year. We will then draft the guy we would have picked at 13, and not have to pay him as much.

Jason Campbell has been in on this from the beginning. My league sources tell me that he was assured of a new contract before the start of the upcoming season. They're just waiting until after all free agent signings, as well as the small draft class is signed, before making the deal. Jason knows they are against the wall as far as the salary cap goes, and they need to know exactly what the books look like before they make him one of the top 5 paid QB's in the league. He agreed to go along with making everybody think we were trying to get rid of him. Then, with all the fuss over working out Sanchez, the ruse is set.

Now, you can call BS on my league sources all you want.

:bsflag:

hu·mour (hyōō'mər)

n. & v. Chiefly British

1. a characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling; "whether he praised or cursed me depended on his temper at the time"; "he was in a bad humor" [syn: temper]

2. a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter [syn: wit]

3. (Middle Ages) one of the four fluids in the body whose balance was believed to determine your emotional and physical state; "the humors are blood and phlegm and yellow and black bile" [syn: humor]

4. the liquid parts of the body [syn: liquid body substance]

5. the quality of being funny; "I fail to see the humor in it" [syn: humor]

6. the trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous; "she didn't appreciate my humor"; "you can't survive in the army without a sense of humor" [syn: humor]

verb

1. put into a good mood [syn: humor]

If I believe nothing that is here, should I believe something that is there?

anyway, if this is but a big ruse, why did you let the ruse out of the bag. As the saying goes, "Loose lips sink sheeps" (see what I did there?)

Gigantic Sour Grapes. Cutler would have made the Skins a SB contender for the next 10 years. Slice and dice it anyway you want.

Maybe if he had some other good players around him... which he wouldn't have. Aside from Cooley, every player on our offense is either unproven, nearing the end of their career, or just plain bad.

Gigantic Sour Grapes. Cutler would have made the Skins a SB contender for the next 10 years. Slice and dice it anyway you want.

and what was he waiting for in denver??? biding his time? waiting to spring his trap? just taking it easy?

why couldn't Lil' Jeff George WIN ONE GAME OF THE LAST THREE LAST YEAR TO GET HIS TEAM INTO THE PLAYOFFS?

Was it the D you say??? hmmmm, sounds like an excuse. a franchise QB overcomes that right...right?

:bsflag:

Well, my league source only answers to one superior, handles grievances and requests of every team, and keeps individual stats for every player in the league.

So, take that four what it's worth.

Paid like a top 5 qb eh?

That would infer he is as good as....say...

Brees, Manning, Brady, Warner or Rivers.

Our FO is stupid. No one will deny that. But no one, not even our FO, is possibly that stupid.

This is easily the best thread I have ever seen on this site.

People have absolutely snapped and gone off the deep end.

This thread is my nominee for thread of the year.

Does anyone here read the posts or have a sense of humor?

I believe that's a yes and a no there. :)

Well, my league source only answers to one superior, handles grievances and requests of every team, and keeps individual stats for every player in the league.

So, take that four what it's worth.

Just "ax the man" what he herd, you sheep.

:helmet: The Rook

Archived