Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ruse Of The Game

Ax

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

• Yes-it saves time.
    • No-that is gross.
    • Sometimes.
    • I like cheese.

There's an old saying, "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you here." Now is as applicable a time as ever to practice this little diddy.

All we have seen, and heard, for what seemed to me an eternity, is what Jay Cutler was going to cost us. The fact he was on his way here was all but assured, from damn near every mediot from here to Timbuktu. Mort, Maske, and The Great Gazoo nationally, and our own JLC, aka, Jilted Little Crybaby, repeatedly quoted the always anonymous "league sources" that also had us signing T.O. not too long ago. They successfully completed their primary function, which is to create a bigger story than the ones that actually exist.

It's what they do.

Now, this is what really happened. My league sources tell me that this whole thing was a ruse. An elaborate scheme to dictate how the upcoming draft would play out. Vinny Cerrato wants to trade out of the 13 spot. He knows that one of the top three rated QB's is going to be there. My league sources tell me it will be Mark Sanchez. In order to sweeten the deal that will be offered, by Minnesota, according to my league sources, they have to believe we are seriously considering drafting Sanchez for ourselves. They will then make us an offer we can't refuse, which we won't. We will swap 1st's and pick up a 3rd this year, and a 2nd next year. We will then draft the guy we would have picked at 13, and not have to pay him as much.

Jason Campbell has been in on this from the beginning. My league sources tell me that he was assured of a new contract before the start of the upcoming season. They're just waiting until after all free agent signings, as well as the small draft class is signed, before making the deal. Jason knows they are against the wall as far as the salary cap goes, and they need to know exactly what the books look like before they make him one of the top 5 paid QB's in the league. He agreed to go along with making everybody think we were trying to get rid of him. Then, with all the fuss over working out Sanchez, the ruse is set.

Now, you can call BS on my league sources all you want. I don't care. If I'm right, you can all thank me for giving the scoop first.

If I'm wrong, and I'm rarely ever wrong, then that puts me in the same category with Mort, and Jilted Little Crybaby. The only difference is, they got paid for their BS.

Hail

My league sources tell me that this whole thing was a ruse. An elaborate scheme to dictate how the upcoming draft would play out. Vinny Cerrato wants to trade out of the 13 spot. He knows that one of the top three rated QB's is going to be there. My league sources tell me it will be Mark Sanchez. In order to sweeten the deal that will be offered, by Minnesota, according to my league sources, they have to believe we are seriously considering drafting Sanchez for ourselves. They will then make us an offer we can't refuse, which we won't. We will swap 1st's and pick up a 3rd this year, and a 2nd next year. We will then draft the guy we would have picked at 13, and not have to pay him as much.

Jason Campbell has been in on this from the beginning. My league sources tell me that he was assured of a new contract before the start of the upcoming season. They're just waiting until after all free agent signings, as well as the small draft class is signed, before making the deal. Jason knows they are against the wall as far as the salary cap goes, and they need to know exactly what the books look like before they make him one of the top 5 paid QB's in the league.

Now, you can call BS on my league sources all you want. I don't care. If I'm right.

Hail

:hysterical: :hysterical: JC getting paid like a top 5 qb.

There may be some merit to this, because, I honestly do not believe JC is dumb. How could any normal person sit with all these rumors and act so unaffected? His character? I'm not sure I buy that, I think JC knew something. That's a Very good possibility, but we won't know till the draft so here it comes ;)

As far as being payed top 5 if he gets extended, Why not? if he gets extended does anyone think that Snyder will under pay for him? C'mon that's just not our MO LOL.

but-but-but this CAN'T be right! Vinny and TheDan are the personification of evil made flesh on Earth! They couldn't find a clue if it were stapled to their foreheads and they know less about football than a chipmunk! Their master plan is to destroy the franchise just to spite the fanbase! They want an uncapped year so they can hire every bigname player in the league just to sell more jerseys to fund their evil!

I read it here every day so it must be true! <insert derisive snort here>

:hysterical: :hysterical: JC getting paid like a top 5 qb.

dude...did you even read this post? I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE WITH ATTENTION SPANS OF 5 YEARS OLDS.

I would not doubt this at all Ax...in fact, someone at work just said Denver totally played up the Skin's interest to get a better offer from other teams...

I don't think the skins were as in this cutler thing as much as everyone thinks...

Way to go dude. Now everybody knows the evil genius of our FO and its dastardly plan. You just cost us draft picks and Jason's top 5 pay for mediocrity. I demand that everyone ridicule you mercilously and possilbly even question your parentage. You have single-handedly doomed us to 8-8 again. DOOMED!

Assuming that this is true, the Vikes don't pick until number 22. That leads me to believe they are going LB or praying an OT falls to 22.

It also assumes that either Andre Smith is gone at 13 or they don't want to take a chance on him or Oher at 13. However, once again because of a lack of draft choices they have to take a chance that the player they are targeting is still there at 22. Well, last year they didn't get the player they targeted.

As far as Ax goes, it will be very easy to verify this story. Just have to see how this plays out. Just have to sit back, be patient, and see how things play out.

I will add that the Sanchez interest did seem a bit off and I thought to myself that the skins might be blowing smoke.

dude...did you even read this post? I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE WITH ATTENTION SPANS OF 5 YEARS OLDS.

I would not doubt this at all Ax...in fact, someone at work just said Denver totally played up the Skin's interest to get a better offer from other teams...

I don't think the skins were as in this cutler thing as much as everyone thinks...

No dude:silly: did YOU READ the post?

I CANT STAND PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING AND ARE INFALLIBLE.

i dont't know but McShay just wrote that we could possibly trade down with someone who wants to draft Beanie Wells or Knowshown.

"The Washington Redskins (No. 13) could look to trade back if the right offensive tackle or defensive end is not available. If a team has zoned in on Wells or Moreno it could look to move ahead of the Saints to secure the player it wants."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=4035825

the one flaw in your argument is sanchez won't be there @ 13. his stock is rising he's projected by kiper to go #8 and even Freeman is projected @12. now please don't respond w/ Kiper is a moron. I believe sanchez will go top 10 and i just don't see someone really trading up for freeman. That's not to say i don't believe you. I hope that all this was a ruse and JC was in on it. That said i fear i'm giving snyder and Co. too much credit.

the one flaw in your argument is sanchez won't be there @ 13. his stock is rising he's projected by kiper to go #8 and even Freeman is projected @12. now please don't respond w/ Kiper is a moron. I believe sanchez will go top 10 and i just don't see someone really trading up for freeman. That's not to say i don't believe you. I hope that all this was a ruse and JC was in on it. That said i fear i'm giving snyder and Co. too much credit.

It will depend on where Stafford goes. I think that Det will select Jason Smith from Baylor. The next team to select a QB would be Seattle but I don't think that they will be able to pass on Brian Orakpo or Aaron Curry if he is still their. The Next team that will drafting a QB will be either Jax's or San Fran. I think Jax will ultimatily draft Stafford at 8. San Fran will end up drafting either Michael Crabtree or Andre Smith.

Well, my league source, who rarely strikes with this much authority, has assured me this is what has happened.

Sanchez will be there. Another big trade is looming, early in the first round, that would assure this. According to yet another source in the league, it is indeed a LB we're after. One that would be critcized as a reach if taken at the 13 spot, but not at 22.

There's an old saying, "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you here." Now is as applicable a time as ever to practice this little diddy.

I can't believe what I'm seaing.

:hysterical:

My source over at ChrisCooley.com tells me he's going to post your (not "you're"!) thread on his blog... but only so #47 can correct "here" to "hear," and "diddy" to "ditty."

:nana:

Well, my league source, who rarely strikes with this much authority, has assured me this is what has happened.

Sanchez will be there. Another big trade is looming, early in the first round, that would assure this. According to yet another source in the league, it is indeed a LB we're after. One that would be critcized as a reach if taken at the 13 spot, but not at 22.

Wow I think which LB you are talking about too. I hope this is true.

i thought of something like this, here is my sequence of events,

i flip on the t.v. "broncos to trade cutler"

the e.s. circus starts, the jlc lying circus starts, the whole

country starts feeding off of a couple of people doing

the classic "its the redskins and snyder up to the same old tricks"

CRAP, nobody actually had any evidence we were even interested at

all, just the fact that we didnt extend campbell or anwser phones.

everyone in the frenzy didnt stop to notice campbell said himself

zorn called and said your my guy. or the fact that we already denied

being interested in cutler, vinny always says things like "we already,

addressed that, why do we need to come out and say it again, when

we already addressed it." come on people, the closest JLC ever got

to evidence was that jim, vinny, and snyder were all in redskin park together.

what the eff does that mean? they effin' work there.

It will depend on where Stafford goes. I think that Det will select Jason Smith from Baylor. The next team to select a QB would be Seattle but I don't think that they will be able to pass on Brian Orakpo or Aaron Curry if he is still their. The Next team that will drafting a QB will be either Jax's or San Fran. I think Jax will ultimatily draft Stafford at 8. San Fran will end up drafting either Michael Crabtree or Andre Smith.

Why would Seattle draft a QB? I don't understand this.; They have a good veteran in Hasselbeck, and they have Seneca. Their problem for the longest time has not been QB play, it has been injuries at WR. They should take Crabtree or Macklain, if they don't they are stupid. (or an OL or DL) Taking a QB is stupid, unless they want to trade Hasselbeck to Tampa or Minnesota.

IOh they also need a burising Guard to replace the hole left by Hutch from a few years ago I believe, but they won't draft a Guard this high.

Sounds like mathews or Laurinits (sp?)

Archived