Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sal Pal on Cowherd. Says Redskins are HIS pick to get Cutler

MarkMissoula

Just had Wilbon on and he said it would be the stupidest thing the Redskins could do. He doesnt like Cutler at all.

Wilbon's an expert?

Here's a link to six experts on Cutler in an ESPN article on young QBs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3142771

Here's Boomer Esiasons opinion on Jay cutler.

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/11368/20090318/esiason_jets_should_grab_cutler/

i can just imagine our offense with cutler. it would be beastly. santana would go back to being a legit beast, thomas would probably immensely improve, and our running game would be even better cause teams couldnt just stack the box. plus cutler knows how to pick up a blitz.

You should watch more Redskins games.

Campbell's stats during the last 8 games:

1,491 yds

59% Completion Percentage

5.4 ypa

5 TDs and 1 Rushing

6 INTs

2-6

If we had Cutler for those last 8 games, do you think we would've finished 2-6?

Cutler's last 8 opponents: Cleveland, Atlanta, Oakland, Jets, KC, Carolina, Buffalo, San Diego. Defenses ranked 26, 24, 16, 31, 18, 14, and 25 respectively.

Campbell's last 8 opponents: Pittsburgh, Dallas, Seattle, Giants, Baltimore, Cincy, Philly, San Fran. Defenses ranked 1, 8, 30, 5, 2, 12, 3, and 13.

Cutler's division had defenses ranked at 25 (SD), 31 (KC), and 27 (Oakland).

Campbell's division had defenses ranked at 3 (Philly), 5 (Giants), and 8 (Dallas).

Cutler didn't face a single top 10 D his last 8 games. Campbell faced a top 10 D in 5 of his last 8 games.

i can just imagine our offense with cutler. it would be beastly. santana would go back to being a legit beast, thomas would probably immensely improve, and our running game would be even better cause teams couldnt just stack the box. plus cutler knows how to pick up a blitz.

Don't forget Cooley and Davis :cloud9:

Thats the only thing he has better than us. We had a better RB and at worst equal TEs. How does that equate to 12 more TDs and 1100+ more yards?

Like I said, he's in a different offensive style. It requires the passing offense to be more effective. Which is why in our offense, the running game didn't change when Zorn came in. To make what is our best strength..still our best strength while improving the passing game, and the passing game is IMPROVED with Campbell behind center.

If we have to talk about the Broncos weapons it would include:

WR -Brandon Marshall 1,265 yards and 104 rec.

WR -Eddie Royal 980 yards 91 rec.

WR -Brandon Stokley 528 yards 49 rec.

TE -Daniel Graham 389 yards 32 rec.

TE -Tony Scheffler 645 yards 40 rec.

The Broncos offense featured a multi 3+ back system which is at times better then a 1 back system. Because you have 3 men running the rock.

We do NOT have equal amount of TE's. Cooley doesn't equal 2 receiving TE's. Although Cooley is a beast and a better TE, Fred Davis would actually have to get on the field for him to catch some passes.

They do have better WR's.

Peyton is the least talented of the so-called elite QBs. He and Brady play in QB friendly schemes with good supporting talent. Archie's boys understand the game. You can put them into a highly disciplined scheme, but they aren't super-talented athletes.

Yeah and Mike Vick was 10 times the athlete than all of them combined, but that didn't make him a better QB. You can put Peyton in a highly disciplined system b/c he has the mental capacity to be the rare on-field general who calls his own plays (well, chooses between 4 pre-called plays).

How is their system anymore QB friendly than Cutler's? I am not attacking you, but I have absolutely no idea the basis of your premise that Cutler is more talented than Brady, Brees or Manning. What do you mean by talented?

Cutler's last 8 opponents: Cleveland, Atlanta, Oakland, Jets, KC, Carolina, Buffalo, San Diego. Defenses ranked 26, 24, 16, 31, 18, 14, and 25 respectively.

Campbell's last 8 opponents: Pittsburgh, Dallas, Seattle, Giants, Baltimore, Cincy, Philly, San Fran. Defenses ranked 1, 8, 30, 5, 2, 12, 3, and 13.

Cutler's division had defenses ranked at 25 (SD), 31 (KC), and 27 (Oakland).

Campbell's division had defenses ranked at 3 (Philly), 5 (Giants), and 8 (Dallas).

Cutler didn't face a single top 10 D his last 8 games. Campbell faced a top 10 D in 5 of his last 8 games.

Thats fair. I'm just asking, if we had Cutler for those last 8 games, would we still have gone 2-6? I don't think we would have. I think with Cutler we would have at least beaten the Bengals and 49ers.

They also study film and generally prepare like crazy.

Cutler supposedly spends more times in bars than the film room -- it's why McDaniels soured on him.

I don't really care. I've seen him play on football Sunday's. If you're like me, not impressed with team stats disguised as QB stats, and you go on what you can see, and not on media BS and rumors, then Jay Cutler's the most talented QB in the NFL.

Thats fair. I'm just asking, if we had Cutler for those last 8 games, would we still have gone 2-6? I don't think we would have. I think with Cutler we would have at least beaten the Bengals and 49ers.

Ohhhh that's really fair. No one can argue with that stat line that dude just posted.

No one would know if we had Cutler would we have won some of those games. The point is, even with Cutler behind center, you need an Oline who can play 16 games supporting him, and we don't have that.

Peyton is the least talented of the so-called elite QBs. He and Brady play in QB friendly schemes with good supporting talent. Archie's boys understand the game. You can put them into a highly disciplined scheme, but they aren't super-talented athletes.

There's alot of holes in that theory and I see some other people have started poking at them so I won't repeat what's already been said, however... if Peyton is the "least talented" then you really think Eli Manning is better than him?

Offense, defense, they're all the same haha. But yeah, its not like Flacco was playing in a sling the ball around offense. The Ravens are a ball control team, more so than we are and Flacco still was pretty even with Campbell for the most part.

Well he had to throw to a guy who was in a sling. And except for the whole he's a rookie, JC is a vet/ had to play harder teams/went to the playoff thing... other than that, yeah, those two were similar last year lol.

I don't really care. I've seen him play on Sunday's.

Me too. He's a sick talent, but has yet to prove he's a winner. Hell, he was worse in the clutch than even JC, and that's saying something.

But hey, if we got him, it would be upgrade at the position no doubt.

Like I said, he's in a different offensive style. It requires the passing offense to be more effective. Which is why in our offense, the running game didn't change when Zorn came in. To make what is our best strength..still our best strength while improving the passing game, and the passing game is IMPROVED with Campbell behind center.

If we have to talk about the Broncos weapons it would include:

WR -Brandon Marshall 1,265 yards and 104 rec.

WR -Eddie Royal 980 yards 91 rec.

WR -Brandon Stokley 528 yards 49 rec.

TE -Daniel Graham 389 yards 32 rec.

TE -Tony Scheffler 645 yards 40 rec.

The Broncos offense featured a multi 3+ back system which is at times better then a 1 back system. Because you have 3 men running the rock.

We do NOT have equal amount of TE's. Cooley doesn't equal 2 receiving TE's. Although Cooley is a beast and a better TE, Fred Davis would actually have to get on the field for him to catch some passes.

They do have better WR's.

The Broncos had to use more than 1 RB because they were all injured. They went through Michael Pittman, Ryan Torain, Selvin Young, Peyton Hillis, and Tatum Bell last year. They didn't have a stable running game so everyone knew Denver had to throw the ball to beat you because by the end of the year Peyton Hillis was their feature back. They do have better WRs I'll give you that, Marshall and Royal are better than Moss and ARE. But I'd much rather have Portis over any one of those RBs and I'd take Cooley and Yoder/Davis over Scheffler and Graham.

Im sorry but JC did all a quarterback could really do against the 49ers.

Ohhhh that's really fair. No one can argue with that stat line that dude just posted.

No one would know if we had Cutler would we have won some of those games. The point is, even with Cutler behind center, you need an Oline who can play 16 games supporting him, and we don't have that.

But we can't put superstars at every position. Everyone says that Campbell needs better WRs and a better o-line around him. When the Pats won those 3 Super Bowls who were their WRs? Deion Branch, David Patten, Troy Brown, and David Givens. Those aren't great WRs at all. The fact that everyone is saying JC needs the perfect team around him shows that he just doesn't have what it takes. We can't surround him with the best players at every position. He has to perform with what we have. He has weapons like Moss, Cooley, and Portis around him. Yet he still only had 13 TDs in 16 games.

NFC East QB's: Best to Worst

1. Campbell

2. McNabb

3. Eli

4. Romo sits to pee

McNabb may choke at times but Campbell couldnt even be mentioned in the same breath as McNugget. Eli has had some average years but in the playoffs run all the way to the superbowl the other year he played excellent football. Not sure if this list is a joke but just IMO McNugget and Eli are head and shoulders above Campbell at this point.

The Broncos had to use more than 1 RB because they were all injured. They went through Michael Pittman, Ryan Torain, Selvin Young, Peyton Hillis, and Tatum Bell last year. They didn't have a stable running game so everyone knew Denver had to throw the ball to beat you because by the end of the year Peyton Hillis was their feature back. They do have better WRs I'll give you that, Marshall and Royal are better than Moss and ARE. But I'd much rather have Portis over any one of those RBs and I'd take Cooley and Yoder/Davis over Scheffler and Graham.

They were banged up, no doubt about that.

But please stop thinking that I don't think Cooley is an elite TE and better then those TE's there....like I said, Cooley is a beast but in no way does 1 player equal better then 2 players who can do the same thing and are good at it..ya know?

Don't get me wrong here either, Scheffler is a good TE as well, but Cooley right now is on a different level.

I'd take Portis over a 3 back system any day, but again, if you have 3 running backs who can equal or even better Clinton's rushing yards then that's a good thing. Because if one goes down, you can rely on the other. And the NFL seems to be loving the whole "Change of pace" thing going on.

Peyton in a highly disciplined system b/c he has the mental capacity to be the rare on-field general who calls his own plays (well, chooses between 4 pre-called plays).

As I said, that's pretty much what he has going for him.

How is their system anymore QB friendly than Cutler's? I am not attacking you, but I have absolutely no idea the basis of your premise that Cutler is more talented than Brady, Brees or Manning. What do you mean by talented?

"QB Friendly:" Talented receivers, lots of shotgun and possession-type throws, the RBs used more as outlets rather than in pass protection... that's hitting the high spots.

See my post #151 for what experts think of Jay Cutler.

Archived