Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sal Pal on Cowherd. Says Redskins are HIS pick to get Cutler

MarkMissoula

The chances of the Redskins landing a start after the #13 pick are slim to none if you look at past drafts :) Therefore, I say trade the 1st rd pick for Cutler and then start trading down to get more picks - as many as possible to add youth and depth. I'd suggest at Lineback so they can play special teams as well and maybe you'll get lucky.

I say this because the Skins don't have very many picks and aren't good at this whole thing called the draft anyways so who cares if you trade away the #13 pick? Next year they have a full compliment of picks (Unless they trade that away for Cutler as well) and they can theoretically add value players at that time.

You ONLY give up your starting QB and a good 1st round pick for a QB who is already established as a winner and a franchise QB...not for one who "might" become both of those things if you're fortunate.

These trade scenarios are asinine.

Thank you. We would potentially be trading 2 1sts and our current QB for a QB with the "potential" to be franchise. He has had a couple of pretty good seasons but he is not Peyton or Brady at this point.

"Went?" :doh:

And would that be the same Sonny J who at the end of last year was more or less rubbishing the "new system" thing as a smoke screen to excuse a guy that was, at the time, 14 games in and still not getting it?

Hail.

Kind of sounds like the guy named Aikman who said the same of a guy named Tony. I say the elders stfu.

Kind of doesn't sound like a guy who would marry Donavan McNabb in an instant called Jaws - who's one of the biggest homers in the history of the sport.

Kind of sounds like the fans of the world who said Eli would never be a good QB or win a superbowl. P.S. he won it in his 3rd year as a starter. P.S.S it's about to be Campbell's 3rd year as a starter.

I say we all STFU and let them play.

And a pro-bowl running back

I mean seriously, if you have a top 5 defense and a pro-bowl running back, and STILL don't make the playoffs, then there has got to be SOMETHING going wrong at the QB position. People need to stop making excuses for this dude.

Thank you. We would potentially be trading 2 1sts and our current QB for a QB with the "potential" to be franchise. He has had a couple of pretty good seasons but he is not Peyton or Brady at this point.

But neither is Campbell. What has Campbell proved so far that shows he was worth 2 1st round picks to begin with?

I know right? Campbell is a bum. He doesn't throw for 4,000 yards in a running style offense, it's his fault that he can't have consistency ever in this sport, yet he plays pretty good BUT STILL!!!, It's his fault Carlos can't catch. They're obviously improving, but NOT AT THE PROBOWL PACE WE WANT OR NEED. Therefore Campbell is a BUM. I vote for the 3 C's! Cutler, Colt, Collins Combo! If we adopt a 4 QB system that involves all these 3 men throwing the ball and Jason Campbell working the plays...No wait, just sitting on the bench, then we will win. No one can guess who our QB will be next!

Holy crap! I've never seen a constant Campbell defender use those 3 words...much less twice in one post!!!!

Our mediocrity & losing record with him as a starter is usually NEVER his fault, it's the offensive line's fault, or the WR's fault, or the system's fault or Vinny Cerrato's fault or the economy's fault or :blahblah:

But wait, it's April Fool's day...you're probably just joking. :(

Couldnt make the playoffs with a top 5 defense.

Call it a top 5 defense if you would like.

What you meant to say is, he couldn't make the playoffs with a good defense in a conference that contained intense competition. In the hardest division in the sport, and with week knee's running the ball for him. With WR's running with blind-folds on and 3 rookies who had almost no impact, and an O-line older then your great grandparents. Yea, that's what you meant to say.

Holy crap! I've never seen a constant Campbell defender use those 3 words...much less twice in one post!!!!

Our mediocrity & losing record with him as a starter is usually NEVER his fault, it's the offensive line's fault, or the WR's fault, or the system's fault or Vinny Cerrato's fault or the economy's fault or :blahblah:

But wait, it's April Fool's day...you're probably just joking. :(

:hysterical: The economy's fault.

I mean seriously, if you have a top 5 defense and a pro-bowl running back, and STILL don't make the playoffs, then there has got to be SOMETHING going wrong at the QB position. People need to stop making excuses for this dude.

Like I've said in other threads, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco were rookies who were being coached by rookie head coaches too and they had equal or better numbers than Campbell. Both of them had to learn a new offense and adjust to a different type of game. Neither of those teams have the amount of weapons on offense as we do, yet both of them were just as good if not better than Campbell last year. And it not like the Falcons have one of the best o-lines in the league either.

You ONLY give up your starting QB and a good 1st round pick for a QB who is already established as a winner and a franchise QB...not for one who "might" become both of those things if you're fortunate.

These trade scenarios are asinine.

13-1 is pretty elite. And a huge upgrade from what we have now.

Couldnt make the playoffs with a top 5 defense.

Oh wait! Why don't you also go to the Saints boards for a second and post that they didn't make the playoffs with the #1 offense in the league, and while you're at it tell them, "Hey! SO I guess it doesn't matter if you have the best statistical QB in the league, and the best offense! You still can't make the playoffs! - I just learned something today as a Redskins fan, thank you"

13-1 is pretty elite. And a huge upgrade from what we have now.

Denver was 8-8 last year.

And yes I already know which arguement you are going to use....I dont care....they were 8-8. If he was so good, and such a leader he should have scored more points then his team gave up. I dont want to give up our 8-8 QB and 2 first rounders for their 8-8 QB.

Only way I would be on board is if we get to keep the quantity of our draft picks. This would probably only work in a 3 way deal...

Campbell & 3rd to Cleveland for Quinn, 2nd & 3rd, then we send Quinn & our #1 to Denver for Cutler...

The scenario above is just an example, but it would allow us to essentially end up with Cutler and a 2,3,5,7 draft instead of Campbell and a 1,3,5,7 draft....

Oh wait! Why don't you also go to the Saints boards for a second and post that they didn't make the playoffs with the #1 offense in the league, and while you're at it tell them, "Hey! SO I guess it doesn't matter if you have the best statistical QB in the league, and the best offense! You still can't make the playoffs! - I just learned something today as a Redskins fan, thank you"

Because Drew Brees lead the top ranked offense without his #1 WR for a part of the year and without Reggie Bush too. His top two weapons on offense were hurt for a good chunk of the season and they still had a #1 offense with WRs like Lance Moore, Robert Meachem, and a RB like Pierre Thomas. Could you imagine if Brees had Portis, Moss, and Cooley to work with? The Saints defense was also one of the worst in the league. So Brees carried that team to 8-8 with a horrible defense and a bunch of no names on offense. Not too shabby.

Yeah, exactly...we traded--and used--ONE 1st round pick to draft Campbell lol :)...

I think I'm trying to say that we used 2 on him essentially because we used the #25 pick on him in 2005 and had to trade our 1st round in 2006 to get him. I thought it made sense to me lol.

Call it a top 5 defense if you would like.

What you meant to say is, he couldn't make the playoffs with a good defense in a conference that contained intense competition. In the hardest division in the sport, and with week knee's running the ball for him. With WR's running with blind-folds on and 3 rookies who had almost no impact, and an O-line older then your great grandparents. Yea, that's what you meant to say.

Dude, the fact that everything around Campbell has to be perfect for him to be successful IS the problem. And by the way, what exactly is proof that the WR's were "running with blind folds on?" There were several times when Moss was wide open 10 yards, dude 10 yards!!! down the field and Campbell still overshot him. The ball was either too high or behind Moss.

Want another proof that he sucks? Against the Cardinals, Devin Thomas was WIDE OPEN, I mean no defender within 20 yards wide open, and it took about a good 5 seconds, if not more, with the whole stadium yelling, for Campbell to even notice him. DT eventually scored, the TD was called back, but you get my point.

Against Dallas, Santana Moss runs one of the best double move routes I have ever seen, almost breaking Newman's ankles, runs down the sideline with Newman about 10 yards behind him. What does Campbell do? Underthrow him and allow Newman to catch him. Should have been an easy 6 points.

I could go on all day about JC dude. But plain and simply, he is very average, borderline bad even.

Seriously....giving up our quarterback, and 2 first round picks for Jay Cutler? Will that really be worth it? Is this freaking Tom Brady we are talking about? What if Cutler ends up sucking here? We are freaking screwed!

Jay Cutler is 25 and needs less support than Tom Brady to win football games since he has a better arm and better wheels.

Archived