Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sal Pal on Cowherd. Says Redskins are HIS pick to get Cutler

MarkMissoula

Take out the first 9 games of Cutler's season last year (you know, that old "Who cares how Campbell did in the first half of the season, it only matters what he did in the LAST half of the season" argument), and Cutler's "great numbers" look like this:

1,910 yds

63% completion rate

6.9 ypa

7 TDs

7 INTs

3-4 record

Now, admittedly, I said the last 7 games instead of the last 8 games, because Cutler had a decent game in game #9 lol :D...but in reality, that one game shouldn't matter.

And again, a LOT of people here said Campbell's 2nd half of the season should define him, because who cares how impressive he looked during the 1st half of the season? If that's the case, then the same should be said for Cutler. Throw out his impressive start, and instead look at how he finished. Not exactly anything worth bragging about, is it?

And yet Jay Cutler still has better numbers than Campbell in the last seven games. Include the Game 8 that you cherrypicked out and the disparity is even worse.

Dude, support Campbell blindly if you want, but don't be a jerk.

Cutler has TYPE 1 DIABETES. For those of you with apparently no experience with anything medical, Type 1 diabetes is based on a genetic malformation that is usually triggered by catching a virus of some type. It is not related to poor nutrition, or drinking, or anything like that. He is a man riddled by a currently incurable illness that he has through no fault of his own, and like millions of people, it is a burden on his life. So say what you want about Cutler, but for the love of God, quit making fun of his diabetes. It makes you sound like an ass.

It's always something personal that triggers posts like this.

I was simply pointing out negative/ funny effects of Cutler.

Negative: Diabetes/ alcoholic/ not a team player

Funny: Slum-face

You don't have to come here and give me a description of this world. We all have problems/issues/diseases that's not what this is about. Nor should we get Cutler because it's not his fault that he has a disease...he's a good player but it's truly a negative. Just like a degenerative knee, asthma, head aches.

And FYI this is the first time I touched on his diabetes, so if we're gonna get technical here, you're the ass.

You need to chill out.

Take out the first 9 games of Cutler's season last year (you know, that old "Who cares how Campbell did in the first half of the season, it only matters what he did in the LAST half of the season" argument), and Cutler's "great numbers" look like this:

1,910 yds

63% completion rate

6.9 ypa

7 TDs

7 INTs

3-4 record

Now, admittedly, I said the last 7 games instead of the last 8 games, because Cutler had a decent game in game #9 lol :D...but in reality, that one game shouldn't matter.

And again, a LOT of people here said Campbell's 2nd half of the season should define him, because who cares how impressive he looked during the 1st half of the season? If that's the case, then the same should be said for Cutler. Throw out his impressive start, and instead look at how he finished. Not exactly anything worth bragging about, is it?

Campbell's stats during the last 8 games:

1,491 yds

59% Completion Percentage

5.4 ypa

5 TDs and 1 Rushing

6 INTs

2-6

If we had Cutler for those last 8 games, do you think we would've finished 2-6?

You know being a type 1 diabetic, I gotta say I would be the first one to buy his Jersey and rep it hard. But.... Dealing with low blood sugars during a game would mean he's not going to be 100% mentally while playing. Still I don't care, I'd be one of the happiest skins fans around if he was signed.

That's a chicken or the egg debate.

And, you disparage Cutler b/c of his whatever, yet refer to Marshall as "best"

Well let's see, if you look back at the post it now says "beast" and that was changed at..2:44pm. Your post was posted at..2:47pm.

Mortenson on ESPN now, says Bucs are his 1st choice to acquire Cutler. Puts Redskins at 1B.

Says Snyder doesnt consider JC to be franchise QB and hes in last year of contract.

Well Snyder was infatuated with Jeff George, so I don't doubt that he'd be willing to give up the farm for the next generation version.

Well let's see, if you look back at the post it now says "beast" and that was changed at..2:44pm. Your post was posted at..2:47pm.

apparently I hit quote somewhere prior huh?

either way, not sure how you can discount one player's "issues" yet lambast another

What supporting talent does Peyton need? He consistently has a mediocre defense, his run game is hit or miss and his receivers look so good because of him. In fact, when they won the Super Bowl in 06/07 they had one of the worst defenses in the league.

Peyton is the least talented of the so-called elite QBs. He and Brady play in QB friendly schemes with good supporting talent. Archie's boys understand the game. You can put them into a highly disciplined scheme, but they aren't super-talented athletes.

But Campbell has more to work with. Flacco had 14 TDs last season and you can't tell me that the Ravens defense is geared toward passing the ball. And you also can't tell me you would take Derrick Mason, Willis McGahee, and Todd Heap over Moss, Portis, and Cooley. All Cutler had last year was Royal and Marshall. They went through 5 or 5 RBs last year so its not like Denver had a reliable running game. Everyone knew they were gonna throw and Cutler still had 4500+ yards and 25 TDs

I think you mean "Raven's offense." The Raven's D is a whole 'nother ball game. :) And while we're on the subject, don't forget that Mason essentially had one arm and Flacco still managed to work things out in the passing game.

Peyton is the least talented of the so-called elite QBs. He and Brady play in QB friendly schemes with good supporting talent. Archie's boys understand the game. You can put them into a highly disciplined scheme, but they aren't super-talented.

They also study film and generally prepare like crazy.

Cutler supposedly spends more times in bars than the film room -- it's why McDaniels soured on him.

I think you mean "Raven's offense." The Raven's D is a whole 'nother ball game. :) And while we're on the subject, don't forget that Mason essentially had one arm and Flacco still managed to work things out in the passing game.

Offense, defense, they're all the same haha. But yeah, its not like Flacco was playing in a sling the ball around offense. The Ravens are a ball control team, more so than we are and Flacco still was pretty even with Campbell for the most part.

Archived