Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sal Pal on Cowherd. Says Redskins are HIS pick to get Cutler

MarkMissoula

Thank you. Plus The Bengals played the whole NFC East division tough.

agree completely. Plus I think there was a couple times when just as the O had gelled in the game the defense gave up a late score that forced them to adjust

Thank you. Plus The Bengals played the whole NFC East division tough.

And if Leigh Torrence had blocked hte pass and the defense held against the niners, we woulda been 10-6.

Maybe this sport is a team sport?

Delete this thread. I don't like it's title.:)

I do though :(

And if Leigh Torrence had blocked hte pass and the defense held against the niners, we woulda been 10-6.

Maybe this sport is a team sport?

I do though :(

Like the pic you have of Cutler. Just change the wording. OK.:)

Talented WRs: Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley...Check

Brandon Stokely is a Colts castoff. Brandon Marshall is similar to Chris Chambers, he gets open a lot but has the dropsies. This group doesn't compare to the Colts or Patriots.

QB in the Shotgun: Don't have percentages, but if memory serves me, Cutler was in the Shotgun the majority of the time (here is even and article on Denver's Shotgun offense)...Check
The only team over 50% in the shotgun last season was the Patriots. the Colts' Tom Moore pioneered the NFL's use of the gun for other than third and longs.

But, the key is the kind of throws: short, medium, deep. Cutler and Eddie Royal hooked up on deep throws, not the kind that Brady throws to Welker. The Colts and Patriots run move possession type passing games. Denver's offense stretched the field more with a lower percentage passing game.

Matt Bowen recently called the Patriots offense, the most QB friendly in the NFL. He said it was the WCO from a shotgun.

Regardless, I think its quite stretch to say that Denver's offense is not "QB Friendly" as you say.

What I was implying is that the QBs you consider elite are profiting from offenses that are MORE QB friendly-- better teams and schemes that didn't require anything more than good, smart, accurate pocket passers with average arms.

Here are a few others who think highly of Jay cutler's talent.

this ESPN article is from 2007 -- before Jay's 2008 Pro bowl year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3142771

This is Boomer Esiason's remarks to the New York Post on the ptential for the Jets trade for Cutler.

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/11368/20090318/esiason_jets_should_grab_cutler/

Ben Roethlisberger did allright.

Joe Flacco did well.

Kerry Collins was good.

The Manning Brothers both weathered the storm.

Kurt Warner... I think we all know how that ended.

Roethlisberger played 8 teams with top 10 defenses just as JC did.

Ben was 126/240 (52.5%) 1519 yds 8 TD 10 INT 33 sack

Flacco faced 7 top 10 defenses.

He was 104/191 (54.5%) 1090 yds 6 TDs 7 INTs 16 sack

Kerry Collins only faced 3 top 10 defenses.

He was 55/96 (57.3%) 577 yds 2 TD 2 INT 1 sack

Eli Manning faced 9 top 10 defenses.

He was 147/263 (55.9%) 1644 yds 9 TD 7 INT 19 sack

Warner is borderline HOF and has been in the league a lot longer than JC.

But, Warner faced 6 top 10 defenses.

He was 126/214 (58.9%) 1314 yds 9 TD 7 INT 9 sack

JC's stats seem about the same in context with how many teams were faced.

If you actually watched the game.....I believe he played a hell of a game.

No, he played an OK end of game. Where the heck did you get "hell of a game" from sub-200 yards passing when our running game wasn't blowing up the spot.

He and Shaun Hill were both sacked ONCE in the game. Portis needed TWENTY NINE carries to get 80 yards. THat's an awful average.

So Campbell had every reason to get more passing yards as he had no other options. He over/underthrew a few passes that day as I recall. He had a nice recovery towards the end but his day was predicated on his running, more than anything. Not in terms of yards but the impactful plays, other than a couple of passes.

Shaun Hill played a better game, as did Ryan Fitzgerald of the Bengals.

SHaun Hill, with the SAME NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS had 245 yards and a long of 29 (campbell's longest pass was 17) Hill was also 21 of 30 to Campbell's 18 of 30.

So, if Jason played a hell of a game, did Shaun Hill play a Brady-Montana all-time pantheon game or something?

lie

Sal Pal doesn't cover the AFC West

He covers all things related to the NFL.

Sorry, Bubba, but it is you that doesn't cover anything that goes against your warped vision of JC being the savior of this franchise. You used to be a very well respected member of this board, especially when it came to breaking news. However, due to how obvious it is that you refuse to post any article that goes against your thoughts or opinions on the Campbell matter, your credibility has to be called in question.

No, he played an OK end of game. Where the heck did you get "hell of a game" from sub-200 yards passing when our running game wasn't blowing up the spot.

He and Shaun Hill were both sacked ONCE in the game. Portis needed TWENTY NINE carries to get 80 yards. THat's an awful average....

I didn't see the 9ers game but were they crowding the line of scrimmage?

I know right? Campbell is a bum. He doesn't throw for 4,000 yards in a running style offense, it's his fault that he can't have consistency ever in this sport, yet he plays pretty good BUT STILL!!!, It's his fault Carlos can't catch. They're obviously improving, but NOT AT THE PROBOWL PACE WE WANT OR NEED. Therefore Campbell is a BUM. I vote for the 3 C's! Cutler, Colt, Collins Combo! If we adopt a 4 QB system that involves all these 3 men throwing the ball and Jason Campbell working the plays...No wait, just sitting on the bench, then we will win. No one can guess who our QB will be next!

Campbell would just ruin it all because he's too tall and can throw farther then all of them, so the teams would eventually find out. I really want this type 3 diabities, alchoholic, slum-face, ***** QB called Cutler. He sounds like a real team player.

On the bright side of all of this, Campbell is still our QB suckers, HAIL!!!

No he has not thrown for 4,000 yards and most likely never will.

Carlos has nothing to do with Campbell's failures as a QB.

Yeah he's improving at a pace where he might throw 20 TD's by the time he's 35.

What's the point in being tall but not being able to make reads?

What's the point in being able to throw far if you never throw far? lol

Cutler's diabetes has no effect on how he plays the game (4,500yds 25td's).

But yeah your right, Campbell's a bum.

I didn't see the 9ers game but were they crowding the line of scrimmage?

It wouldn't surprise me but I can't recall enough detail to say that they crowded it, for ex. 60 percent of the time, or anything like that.

If they did, it would be a reason to throw the ball a bit and connect downfield, even with "bad receivers."

And we must have crowded their line, one would think since Frank Gore is a better RB than any of their QBs are QBs. Yet Shaun Hill still had a very good day. He looked better than Campbell, so I guess my post is to refute that poster more than attempt a recall of the specific ways the Niners played Portis. But most teams tried to stop him first because they flat out do not fear the passer.

Roethlisberger played 8 teams with top 10 defenses just as JC did.

Ben was 126/240 (52.5%) 1519 yds 8 TD 10 INT 33 sack

Flacco faced 7 top 10 defenses.

He was 104/191 (54.5%) 1090 yds 6 TDs 7 INTs 16 sack

Kerry Collins only faced 3 top 10 defenses.

He was 55/96 (57.3%) 577 yds 2 TD 2 INT 1 sack

Eli Manning faced 9 top 10 defenses.

He was 147/263 (55.9%) 1644 yds 9 TD 7 INT 19 sack

Warner is borderline HOF and has been in the league a lot longer than JC.

But, Warner faced 6 top 10 defenses.

He was 126/214 (58.9%) 1314 yds 9 TD 7 INT 9 sack

JC's stats seem about the same in context with how many teams were faced.

Good research, man. I wasn't trying to diss JC though; someone asked and you gave a way better answer than mine. Kudos.

Thank you. We would potentially be trading 2 1sts and our current QB for a QB with the "potential" to be franchise. He has had a couple of pretty good seasons but he is not Peyton or Brady at this point.
IMO no one...I repeat no one is worth 2 first round darft picks. Especially from a team that does not have many to begin with and desperately needs to add youth to their team.

We've got a lot of playmakers on offense, too. RB, WR, OL, TE... is QB our weak link on offense?

I stated in my post this is where I disagree. I think WR is a weakness up to this point. Our O-line is a weakness for sure. TE is a plus but he has to help block for the O-line way to much. RB we are good with Portis but with nothing behind him.

Archived