Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: NFL to have sponsorship logos on jerseys?

MattFancy

If they do put them on, they will never come off. Advertisers will pay an arm and a leg to have their logo on an NFL jersey. The NFL, seeing as how it loves to make money, will look at what they bring in on the trial, see that they have MANY more competitive offers on the table and start a bidding war like they do with the TV networks.

Admen will love it, think about them going to their clients "do you want to be the first logo on a north american pro sports team jersey, and not just any sports league but the gran daddy of them all the NFL." Heinz would pay more to have an exclusive deal with Pittsburgh, Microsoft or Nike for Seattle, and Bubba's bail bonds and "free-lance model rentals" for former Cowboys would fit in Dallas.

This would be horrible!!! Uniforms in sports are just as symbolic as the sport itself and represent the team. Teams history and tradition would be stripped by defacing the uni's with this crap. They make enough money.

I would only be in favor if it brought ticket prices down DRASTICALLY!

I guess if it was like a bigger Reebok logo or Under Armor I could tolerate it. But I dont want to see a Budweiser patch or McDonalds logo out there.

Who cares...it's just on the practice jerseys...where after practice interviews for the nightly news you could see your advertisement on a shoulder pad...if it helps keep the price of tickets down I'm all for it.

Who cares...it's just on the practice jerseys...where after practice interviews for the nightly news you could see your advertisement on a shoulder pad...if it helps keep the price of tickets down I'm all for it.

yeah but if it works on the practice jerseys, what is to stop them from eventually putting them on game day jerseys?

A horrible ass idea. I'm already sick of the sheer amount of advertising that gets blown into our faces on tv, the web, in print, on the radio, etc. I mean, you cant even turn around without something being advertised. Doesnt the NFL make enough revenue with advertising, with the 25 5 minute commercial breaks during every single game? Jesus. I'm sick of this ****.

Archived