Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: NFL to have sponsorship logos on jerseys?

MattFancy

I hope this doesn't happen. I love how the uniforms are un-sullied by advertising. When you look at European soccer teams and now MLS teams throwing logos on themselves... takes a little something away from the game. DC United has a big VW logo on the front of their jerseys now

Doesn't surprise me that the first person in the NFL they quote in the article is a Jones. Jerrah's son is heading this thing up. The Cowboys were the first team sponsored by a major shoe company (Nike). Remember the huge Nike swoosh on the outside of Texas Stadium. The Cowboys were the first team sponsored by a major Soda company (Pepsi). And now they are pushing to have corporate sponsors on jerseys. What a joke!!!

:dallasuck

I watch a lot of soccer...... and to be honest you don't really notice it. My issue with it is they advertise that way in soccer because there really is no chance to advertise during the game..... so advertising has to be done to put the players on the pitch. Football has plenty of stoppages for advertising....... so this seems completely unnecessary.

Why do we have all of this advertising anyway? I'm not going to use FedEX over UPS just because they have their name slapped on my teams stadium.

I was watching the College Basketball Skills Competition last night and they had a sponsor for everything. It was the Denny's Men's 3 point shootout, the State Farm Women's 3 Point Shootout, the Lifelock Battle of Champions, and the Vegas.com Dunk Contest. I don't see a need for a sponsor for every little thing. It's dumb!

Archived