Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wynn is back with the skins

Gibbsisgod2006

What did he really provide the first time around? He doesn't completely suck against the run, and that's about it. As Spurrier would say, he's cheap and available. Probably won't get much in the way of production.

But if they bring back Wynn and Daniels as their moves at DE, they're a bunch of buffoons.

I assume those that are obsessed with drafting DE are upset with a lack of sacks the last couple of years. I assume also you don't understand the difference between having a couple of run-stuffing guys inside instead of someone who can actually get penetration and absorb double teams. DE is much less of a need now we have Haynesworth.

Don't get me wrong - it's still a need. But not the priority.

how many lockerroom leaders do we need? We never have any young guys since we draft so everyone should be a veteran right?

There's a difference between a legit locker-room guy and a veteran. Shawn Springs was a veteran but in the locker-room (and certainly weight-room and training field) he's anonymous.

I assume also you don't understand the difference between having a couple of run-stuffing guys inside instead of someone who can actually get penetration and absorb double teams. DE is much less of a need now we have Haynesworth.

Don't get me wrong - it's still a need. But not the priority.

What he said.

And also, there is no guarantee that Wynn even makes the roster. He has to prove he can be effective. I always liked him, but lets face facts. He's getting a little long in the tooth for D lineman.

What annoyed me about Evans was that it was made out like he was after a long-term contract and wanted starting salary - and then he goes and signs for 1 year with San Fran.

Not busting your chops, but it was a 2 yr deal for about 4.3 million. Still it wasn't a long term deal.

I think Wynn is a solid move . There were not a great deal of DE in the draft that met our needs . I am not saying Wynn is the answer but if you had too you could start him at LE . So many discount players based on their age but in a career when the average lifespan is 4 years these long term vets have something going for them

I think Wynn is a solid move . There were not a great deal of DE in the draft that met our needs . I am not saying Wynn is the answer but if you had too you could start him at LE . So many discount players based on their age but in a career when the average lifespan is 4 years these long term vets have something going for them

You're talking as though the draft has come and gone and Wynn was the only guy they could have possibly signed. There is no question in my mind that they have to use the draft to address DE.

You're talking as though the draft has come and gone and Wynn was the only guy they could have possibly signed. There is no question in my mind that they have to use the draft to address DE.

and they still can.

this is a smart move, seeing as he might not be there after the draft. if we dont get something to build on or whatever, we at least have someone whos familiar

Archived