Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official thank you Jason Taylor thread

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Gotta stick with the rest of the people here. Maybe things would have been different had the injury not occured, but it did and you didn't do too much for us. For not agreeing to rework the contract or participate in offseason workouts with us, I have no problem seeing you walk. I wonder how many suckers out there bought J. Taylor jerseys...

Taylor did bat some balls down at the line, no one seems to mention that. Did he live up to expectations? No. Did he get injured, Yes. Was it the type of injury that lingered, yes. I do think the Skins overreacted in getting him but I can understand that though too. Coming off a playoff year wanting to advance further in the playoffs and loosing two DE's in preseason. What happened to us is exactly why Tuna kept Taylor on the Dolphins for as long as he did. Tuna won. Anyways, I will thank Jason Taylor for what he did for the Skins last year...he did tie for second in sacks. By not wanting to show up for workouts just shows he is not committed to the Skins.

seconded, Thanx for draining our second round draft pick.

No kidding ... He was injured for 1/2 the season ... and, did not create the impact we needed.

And, we gave up a second round pick to boot... :mad:

It's funny that most of ES thought we got a steal when we made that trade, but the man sustains a preseason injury, a week 3 life-threatening injury, learns a new scheme and plays a completely different role than he was accustomed to for 11 seasons and now everyone acts like he sucks.

Thanks for playing hurt

Thanks for playing out of position

Thanks for playing hard

Not your fault Vinny gave up too much for you.

It wasn't Jason's fault he got hurt.

It wasn't Jason's fault BP stole picks from Vinny.

It's not Jason's fault he is getting old.

However, it is his fault that he wouldn't restructure. Let's sit back and see how much he will get to continue to play. I bet he would have gotten more if he had stayed here.

But, that is the business side of things. He was a classy guy. Best of luck to him.

Archived