Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts from fans around the league

KevinthePRF

"Haynesworth is nowhere near the best DT in the league.

See: DeMarcus Ware (20 sacks)"

Ware's price tag just went through the celling. Your welcome Jerry..

You know, I never thought of this, but you are right. DE is typically higher paid than DT.

I would 100% imagine this to be correct.

other teams fans may be a little bit more weary of our pass rush, but I think alot of them are still laughing at us. The only thing that can change that is our play come September and beyond next year. Until then, you can't blame other team's fans for laughing.

Yea, being 8-8 under a new head coach and finishing off with a 4th ranked defense is pretty funny. Not to mention we just got a top if not the BEST DT in the league. I bet teams are crackin up now.

Yea, being 8-8 under a new head coach and finishing off with a 4th ranked defense is pretty funny.

Did I say I was laughing? You can understand why they would, though.

We finished in last in the division.

Are we a last place team? Absolutely not.

And given that we've struggled with major FA signings in the past, other teams have the right to laugh. When we show improved play this year, they won't be laughing too much anymore. But for now, you can't blame them. That's all I'm saying.

Its just funny...if the Redskins sign a player then he sucks.

If say the 49ers or Jets or Broncos or Bucs sign a FA then you dont hear the hate.

I'll take the wait and see approach, im greatful we didnt lose any draft picks atleast.

It really isn't about that (hence the other guy's comment about you being the "Offseason champs again"). People aren't incredulous at the fact that you're "getting awesome free agents", they just can't believe how consistently you overpay big-name free agents that inevitably don't live up to their price tag, and fail to build your team through the draft.

I have a friend who's a Rams fan and he is VERY envious of us. I try telling him "what have all these big free agent signings got us?" He ALWAYS reply with "Well atleast Dan Snyder is trying." He has a good point.

Those are the two extremes: not trying at all, and being overly aggressive with your money (overpaying).

I am an Eagles fan and here are some random thoughts.

Haynesworth will be a very valuable player for the skins.

Was he worth that much money, who knows it wasn't my money.

The redskins need more help on both lines and they can't afford it.

Maybe they can get a valuable draft pick or 2.

They don't have any depth, so if they stay healthy (which no one does now adays) the can compete.

The Tampa fans were saying we ruined the league, according to Vinny THEY DROVE A HIGHER PRICE!

And guess what...I believe we paid LESS for Hall then the Raiders did and he had more production with US in like 6 games then with them for half a damn season!

Ain't it funny how people forget Hall actually played in our defense and made IMMEDIATE contributions.5 INT's more than the cb's who played ALL SEASON long for us.Yeah we overpayed BIGTIME for Deangelo Hall :rolleyes:.

Jealous much. lol.

Cry me a river if your loser teams can't pay the bills.

We are a great franchise, Danny spent a ton to buy it and will spend to win.

Snyder is a good owner. Cares about the team. Wants to win. This is the game these billionaires play.
It's kind of ironic that many posts in this thread could be copied and pasted into a thread in the year 2000 and it would fit perfectly.

The Tampa fans were saying we ruined the league, according to Vinny THEY DROVE A HIGHER PRICE!

And guess what...I believe we paid LESS for Hall then the Raiders did and he had more production with US in like 6 games then with them for half a damn season!

Ruin the league......

It is the price of competing in the NFL...

The rest of the league better hope that that the NFL and the NFLPA sign a new CBA, or it will be lights out for half the teams in the league. They can't compete.

Intersting next few yrs..........:)

Agreed I feel sorry for them, they pin there hopes on this clown year in and year out and he breaks there hearts with his incompetence. Snyder has ruined this franchise

I completely understand where your coming from. My father says the same things and is always talkin about Cooke and the "good ole days". Thing is we didnt trade any picks away and got a potential top 10 CB and the most dominant defensive force in the league for FREE. Well in terms of draft picks LOL. He can spend all the money he wants, I dont care. As long as we stop trading draft picks I am fine with it. Heres to the best Defense in the NFL on paper. :cheers: Lets hope Big Al gives us his best cause if he does, they can laugh now, but they'll cry later.

(I'm a Giant fan.)

It looks to me that the amount of $ paid for AH is the real deciding factor in weather this is good for the Skins or not. No doubt, he is a great DT and the SKins needed an upgrade at that position.

However, the record setting contract AH received is usually one reserved for a player that will change the team dramaticaly as in a "franchise" QB.

The Skins have an aging oline. How are they going to deal with that now? They cannot afford more huge contract FA's to plug holes there. It looks like the Skins oline will soon contain guys they drafted. Pass protection and the running game will soon begin to suffer.

Not to insult the Skin fans but I think Snyder is the best thing to ever happen to fans of the Cows, Eagles and Giants.

(I'm a Giant fan.)

It looks to me that the amount of $ paid for AH is the real deciding factor in weather this is good for the Skins or not. No doubt, he is a great DT and the SKins needed an upgrade at that position.

However, the record setting contract AH received is usually one reserved for a player that will change the team dramaticaly as in a "franchise" QB.

The Skins have an aging oline. How are they going to deal with that now? They cannot afford more huge contract FA's to plug holes there. It looks like the Skins oline will soon contain guys they drafted. Pass protection and the running game will soon begin to suffer.

Not to insult the Skin fans but I think Snyder is the best thing to ever happen to fans of the Cows, Eagles and Giants.

I'm not happy about all the cap space AH takes up, but don't forget, the Giants were in on the 30mil guaranteed offers too. They said 6 teams were offering 30 million + guaranteed. So would that make your owner and GM the best thing that ever happenned to the rest of the NFC East if you'd gotten him for 30 mil? I don't think 1 or 2 million is THAT big a difference, if it were 5 then yeah.

Like I said, I'm not happy about the money, but this just sounds like jealousy and fear, which is the only reason I can see you coming here to post.

Agreed I feel sorry for them, they pin there hopes on this clown year in and year out and he breaks there hearts with his incompetence. Snyder has ruined this franchise

Truly and sadly. Another proof he will never ever learn and will keep on running this franchise this way.

Ah, besides the Joe Gibbs era, we sucked even worse under the Cookes than we have under Danny. Amazing how people seem to forget that.:doh:

EXACTLY!!

I pulled this information from my post in another thread...

Post-Gibbs/Pre-Snyder:

1993: 4-12

1994: 3-13

1995: 6-10

1996: 9-7

1997: 8-7-1

1998: 6-10

24 games UNDER .500

Snyder's Tenure:

1999: 10-6*

2000: 8-8

2001: 8-8

2002: 7-9

2003: 4-12 (I think?)

2004: 6-10

2005: 10-6*

2006: 5-11 (I think?)

2007: 9-7*

2008: 8-8

10 games UNDER .500

So, if anything, we've improved from BAD to MEDIOCRE.

I'm not happy about all the cap space AH takes up, but don't forget, the Giants were in on the 30mil guaranteed offers too. They said 6 teams were offering 30 million + guaranteed. So would that make your owner and GM the best thing that ever happenned to the rest of the NFC East if you'd gotten him for 30 mil? I don't think 1 or 2 million is THAT big a difference, if it were 5 then yeah.

Like I said, I'm not happy about the money, but this just sounds like jealousy and fear, which is the only reason I can see you coming here to post.

I also read the Giants had "shown interest" also. The Giants could use a good DT being that Robbins & Cofield will be F/A's next year. I believe GM Jerry Reese may have "shown interest" merely to drive up the price. Everyone knew that AH was asking for HUGE bucks and there's no way the Giants could afford that with Eli's contract coming up.

There's no jealousy or fear here. I come here and post every once in a while. Today I posted just because as a fan of another NFC East team looking at the Skins team, I questioned weather this will hurt or better them within the next few years. You yourself stated you are not happy with all the cap rom AH takes up.

Archived