artmonkforHOF

"I am a like a leopard that don't change his stripes"

possibly more like spots!!

"so I will say A river Darechee"

a river????

"rite of patches"

patches huh???

Truley classic and maybe some of the best Emmittisems

Is he the Dexter that could read?? At least Manley could speak better.

Smith was awful and when he would appear with Steve Young it was even worse when you compared how they made their arguments. Smith should have hired a tv coach in the offseason if he wanted to keep the job. I guess he spent more time on dancing instead in the offseason. I won't miss him at all. He was dreadful. I think Warren Moon is a much better speaker than Smith.

The game could be the Cardinals playing the Colts and somehow 'moose' Johnson would figure out some way to talk about the cowboys for half the game.. It's absolutely rediculous.. The only broadcast more annoying is ESPN's when for four weeks straight they were talking about steroids in baseball for half the game.. They would seriously skip calling plays so that Tony K can talk about how bad he is in golf or something.. horrible. It should just be Jaws and Cassilious (SP?)

I think Emmitt and former President G W should have a reality show or at least some kind of competition to see who could butcher the English language the most. That would be priceless! I'd even settle for a single debate between the two. They both have that same idiotic grin when they dont have a clue!

Don't care either way about Emmitt (y'all seem to have this irrational dislike), but Aikman's good. Him and Buck>>>>>Kenny Moose and Goose.

Aikman's one of the better ones all around, Joe Buck is an ass. As far as Kenny, Moose & Goose...quie honestly, I'd like to see the lot of them hit the bricks with Emmitt. I'm so sick of listening the Moose talk about his playing days (where? :doh:) in Dallas. Goose is a fat slob that looks like he ate Lenny Pasquerelli. And seemingly they all hate the Redskins.

Emmitt was probably the worst announcer I have ever heard, and the link has his top ten "emmittisms" to prove my point AND a video compilation of some of his more stupid mistakes.

I totally agree with you Glad to see that Cowboy "HOMER" go

Finally, this tool will no longer be butchering the english language once a week.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2009/02/emmitt-wont-be-returning-to-espn.html

Emmitt was probably the worst announcer I have ever heard, and the link has his top ten "emmittisms" to prove my point AND a video compilation of some of his more stupid mistakes.

So long, don't let the door hit your a** on the way out.

He was bad. B-A-D. Seriously....he possessed the linguistic aptitude of a fetal alcohol syndrome baby. Makes you really sit back and ask yourself...."exactly what WERE the standards for enrollment in U of F in the mid 80's?"

Having said that, he was one of the pukes that I actually respected when he retired. I think it was the separated shoulder game vs NYG that started it. However, that respect has consistently declined throughout his short-lived career as an analyst. He is a ridiculous puke homer and showed literally not even an adolescent grasp on the English language.

Huge contrast to Troy Aikman, btw. He is about as professional as it gets. I have 3 Skins/pukes games on my dvr right now. It is funny how - between the two - Joe Buck sounds like the puke homer and Aikman tries to check him constantly.

One other thing....while they're at it, can someone please banish darryl johnston from the booth as well???

Can they Remove Aikman and his Cowboy bias on Fox..

You're joking, right? Aikman, who says Clinton Portis is one of his favorite players. Aikman is the BEST analyst out there. I just wish now that pumpkinhead would finally retire and jerk off to Brett Favre posters in private, and Kornholer would get replaced by Riggins. Imagine Jaws and Riggins as the color commentators for MNF. :cool2:

You're joking, right? Aikman, who says Clinton Portis is one of his favorite players. Aikman is the BEST analyst out there. I just wish now that pumpkinhead would finally retire and jerk off to Brett Favre posters in private, and Kornholer would get replaced by Riggins. Imagine Jaws and Riggins as the color commentators for MNF. :cool2:

Agree on Aikman (as I mentioned earlier). He is $$.

Statement from Emmitt Smith on the firing:

I has been told by ESPN that they has decided to determinate by contract. I gave 150 percent to my job and blowed out the competition, in my opinion. I have confidences in my abilities. But they want to move in a different direction, and I am a like a leopard that don't change his stripes, so I will say A river Darechee to my fans and the ESPN. I will look at this experience as a rite of patches, and when Emmitt face crutch time in the future I will use this to go ahead and slamma lamma ding dang doodle.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I has been told by ESPN that they has decided to determinate by contract. I gave 150 percent to my job and blowed out the competition, in my opinion. I have confidences in my abilities. But they want to move in a different direction, and I am a like a leopard that don't change his stripes, so I will say A river Darechee to my fans and the ESPN. I will look at this experience as a rite of patches, and when Emmitt face crutch time in the future I will use this to go ahead and slamma lamma ding dang doodle.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Perfecto!!

aa's top ten emmittisms:

honorable mentions:

"not only does he have the nfc east record for touchdowns, but also the team record."

"wes worker is a possession receiver that make things happen."

"the nfc west is probably one of the weakest conferences in the whole nfc."

"the leadership definitely have to come from the leaders."

"i think it's his self-confidence in himself that make him so confident when it get down into the crunch time."

10. "last year there was a lot of things the colts had to address. They couldn't stop the run, and all those. That was one of the biggest things they had to address."

9. "you have to have the personality to match up with the patriots."

8. "he's giving them all the confidences they need. He giving them the confidence that he need."

7. "they do a very good job of flying around the football field and carousing the football carrier."

6. "don't worry about the game you just won or the team that we just blew out. Uhhh... Blown. Blown out. Let's think about what we need to do going forward, and they had blown out."

5. "eli manning has been given the rites of patches."

4. "this kind of inconsistency, against a team like new england, will get you completely blowed out."

3. "you cannot change the stripes of a leopard."

2. "go to arizona, sharp as a whistle, and do some finishing touches, so we can go down in the super bowl and play our best football of the whole entire season."

1. "the strength of the patriots, their offense, got debacled."

:D

dd56f799.gifdd56f799.gifdd56f799.gif

He just isn't TV material. Just because you had a great career doesn't mean you belong behind a microphone (ask Montana & Namath). I always thought Emmitt should have focused on some form of coaching after the NFL. I hate that team from Texas, but had much respect for him. He had a great feel for the game, could catch, block, see running lanes. I think he can help young backs with every phase of their game.

1st TO, Now Emmitt off TV. Deion, please be next!

Can they Remove Aikman and his Cowboy bias on Fox.. and there is a rumor that espn is looking at favre to replace Smith per the usatoday in fact the two are supposed to meet next month.

hmmm I smell Favre on the Nfl draft

I personally like Aikman on Fox.

****a Emmitt though. **** him in the ear.

Archived