Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Emmitt Smith FIRED by ESPN. Rejoice!!!

artmonkforHOF

Finally, this tool will no longer be butchering the english language once a week.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2009/02/emmitt-wont-be-returning-to-espn.html

Emmitt was probably the worst announcer I have ever heard, and the link has his top ten "emmittisms" to prove my point AND a video compilation of some of his more stupid mistakes.

So long, don't let the door hit your a** on the way out.

Statement from Emmitt Smith on the firing:

I has been told by ESPN that they has decided to determinate by contract. I gave 150 percent to my job and blowed out the competition, in my opinion. I have confidences in my abilities. But they want to move in a different direction, and I am a like a leopard that don't change his stripes, so I will say A river Darechee to my fans and the ESPN. I will look at this experience as a rite of patches, and when Emmitt face crutch time in the future I will use this to go ahead and slamma lamma ding dang doodle.

I has been told by ESPN that they has decided to determinate by contract. I gave 150 percent to my job and blowed out the competition, in my opinion. I have confidences in my abilities. But they want to move in a different direction, and I am a like a leopard that don't change his stripes, so I will say A river Darechee to my fans and the ESPN. I will look at this experience as a rite of patches, and when Emmitt faces crutch time in the future I will use this to go ahead and slamma lamma ding dang doodle.

:rotflmao:

Lol! Nice one bud

I has been told by ESPN that they has decided to determinate by contract. I gave 150 percent to my job and blowed out the competition, in my opinion. I have confidences in my abilities. But they want to move in a different direction, and I am a like a leopard that don't change his stripes, so I will say A river Darechee to my fans and the ESPN. I will look at this experience as a rite of patches, and when Emmitt faces crutch time in the future I will use this to go ahead and slamma lamma ding dang doodle.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Can they Remove Aikman and his Cowboy bias on Fox.. and there is a rumor that espn is looking at favre to replace Smith per the usatoday in fact the two are supposed to meet next month.

hmmm I smell Favre on the Nfl draft

Out of the former Cowpukes now in the booth, I like Aikman the best. He talks all the time how he is a huge Portis fan, and for the Skins-Boys game in Dallas this year, Aikman was stopping the Cowboys lovefest Joe Buck was having with the team and helped bring him back to earth.

If the Boys are playing a bad game, Aikman will call it on them, and he won't justify stupid blanket statements made about the team. Moose on the other hand, would take a hatchet to head sooner than say anything bad about the cowboys, even if they are imploding right in front of him.

LOL :rotflmao: I was having a bad day. Thanks for the laugh break.

Dude, that's just not right

but funny as hell! ;)

I think Herman Edwards is slated to replace him. Its refreshing to have coaches up there to bring more insightful commentating then to have players that were cowboys.

Yeah, I think Herm will be great. Emmitt was atricious to put in kindly.... He brought down the performance of Steve Young IMO. Personally I think Dilfer is fantastic, that was a great hire.

That is the funniest thing I've read all week :applause:.

I can finally watch ESPN again without migraine medicine close by waiting for the unitelligible Emmitisms.

Yeah, I think Herm will be great. Emmitt was atricious to put in kindly.... He brought down the performance of Steve Young IMO. Personally I think Dilfer is fantastic, that was a great hire.

Dilfer should have his own show or get another shot at winning a superbowl. He won't turn around a struggling offense, but he can manage a game good enough for a Defensive super power.

Young is annoying and abrasive. He sometimes has good insight, but it usually leans towards "if they don't do it the way i would have done it, they will fail, because I am the greatest thing since sliced bread and Joe Montana."

the guy just bugs me. Like the one clip from his ONLY superbowl where he asks players on the sideline to "help him get teh monkey off his back" refering to Joe Montana. Note to Young: you made it to and won only 1 SB, where Joe made it to 4 and won all of them. You might have more TD passes to Rice than Joe, but that does not mean your better than him.

Archived