Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Plackemeier Released - Carter & ARE contracts reworked UPDATEw/full info

Rypien1191

What type of position, and congratulations. You will love Miami.
I actually don't know a lot of the details. It's kind of a package deal where I will be attending U of Miami graduate school and working for the team at the same time. It's being set up for me by an insider so I'm just gonna take whatever they give me. The one thing I do know is I will be working in the FO. Knowing my luck they'll start me out as Parcell's food tester.

I think of it this way:

I'm going to make 100K over the next year. My boss comes to me and says "Darth, I'll give you a 50K bonus if you let me cut your salary for the next year to 70K and sign this exclusive services agreement for the next 5 years. You'll be at 105K next year and have a 5% raise every year during these 5 years. Of course, I can fire you for any reason during these 5 years also" Why can he do this? Accounting (the cap) only sees 10K per year added to my base salary, so they say "Darth took a 20K pay cut!". In reality, I got 2K more this year than I expected. Next year, I'm at 105K.

Thanks for the explanation. You could've been a total jerk about my lack of knowledge in the area.:cheers: I now have a better understanding of how it works. As the saying goes, you learn something new everyday.

Randle-El is at least worth his current Cap hit now.

Stuff like today shows how we just need to bite the bullet and have a cap purge.

I'm not sure we'll ever have that uncapped year (maybe 2010?). I'd rather just get it done now. Ride 2009 with all that dead cap space and young guys getting a chance. Then start building the team correctly. Blue collar vets, drafting linemen, cutting fat.

If you admittedly don't know what you're talking about' date=' why would you try to refute my comment? I have considered working for the skins and it is an eventual goal, but not with this FO. I'll be moving to Miami later this year to start a stint with the Dolphins(unfortunately, 6 months later than originally planned). Hopefully, in time, I will be able to return and ressurect our once proud franchise.[/quote']
ahh, well I stand corrected. I didn't know they get a big cash bonus now for restructuring.

I actually don't know a lot of the details. It's kind of a package deal where I will be attending U of Miami graduate school and working for the team at the same time. It's being set up for me by an insider so I'm just gonna take whatever they give me. The one thing I do know is I will be working in the FO. Knowing my luck they'll start me out as Parcell's food tester.

Congrats

On grad school AND at least an opportunity at a dream job. Are you going in as an intern or is this an actual full-time position?

ARE is typical of the many players the Skins have on offense who do not carry the wieght of their exhorbitant salaries (others include Portis and Moss). Carter had a lousy year because he had no help from Taylor. On defense ... In addition to Taylor, I think both Griff and Marcus are gone. Punter? ... look for a vet FA signing.

I'm confident the FO will get blasted for this.

The FO gets blasted for everything. If they do exactly what the wanna-be GM's here say they should, they get blasted. If they don't, they get blasted. It's a lose/lose situation. I guess most of the people on here would have been cool with us just cutting ARE, not restructuring contracts, resulting in having to be fined for not meeting the cap on time and not being able to sign anyone, including draft picks this year.:doh:

Thanks for updating!

Neither has been very productive since signing lucrative free agent deals here in March of 2006,
ARE has been an unproductive disappointment. This year is the only year I've found myself at all disappointed in Carter. I think he rebounds in the coming season.
salary cap gymnastics.
I find myself torn between laughing and crying over this label.

I love Randel El's character, but it a bit a miff what he exactly brings to this team in a football sense. He' getting paid a bunch of $ to catch 30 balls and 1 or 2 TD's a year I honestly believe it is time to cut ties. Even if financially it is a bit crippling

I couldn't agree more. Why not just sign Tony the cab driver. Save about $3 million dollars and use that money to sign a 3 rookie wide receivers who can each catch 10 balls and score 1 TD each to make up for ARE's total production.

carter is a solid DE, nothing great but hardly bad.

randle el is bad. just plain bad. hes a worthless punt returner, hes a #3 WR at best, probably should be a #4 and used on trick plays and other stuff, but he really adds nothing to this offense. its a shame hes going to be here next year, id love to see him out of here and give kelly or thomas a shot at his space. moss/thomas/kelly/ARE is a fine order to me. of course i know that wont happen and ARE will be the #2 again being as worthless as usual. my god if hes still returning punts ill probably boo the TV screen everytime i see him back there lol.

I just reviewed the '08 Seattle game "shortcuts" tape ... you know the game where MKelly caught two passes and would have nabbed a TD bomb if Campbell put the ball more accurately over his right shoulder ... No. 12 is gonna be a "star" if he fixes his knee.

That is one question I have. Can he knee be something that can be fixed or is it something that will only get worse. Anyone know?

I just reviewed the '08 Seattle game "shortcuts" tape ... you know the game where MKelly caught two passes and would have nabbed a TD bomb if Campbell put the ball more accurately over his right shoulder ... No. 12 is gonna be a "star" if he fixes his knee.

You mean the game when Kelly ran a shallow route and didnt give his QB a window to fit the ball into? The one where Zorn said he should have flipped the play to give him more field to run his route with?

Archived