Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two children should be limit, says green guru

sacase

Dude, you were the one calling people douchebag hippies.

I was saying it about the author, not anyone in this thread. If I screwed up and did not make that clear your right, I am wrong and I apologize. That was not my intention.

for the record. Most people here disagree with the author's solution. However, to disagree that this planet is becomming far too populated is to walk around with blinders on.

Our country is blowing up in population due to a couple of factors one of which is us not being able to control the borders. The Republicans promised to fix this in 2004, and didn't do it. When Nancy Pelosi spoke during her 2006 house leader speech she said that this was going to be her top priority and never delivered. Instead of the Government trying to control how many babies its citizens are allowed to have why can't either the Democrats or the Republicans actually do thier jobs and control the borders for once? This is a backwards solution to a simple problem and as an American I'd rather make sure our house isn't burning down before worrying about our neighbors. As an American I am sick to death of people suggesting the solution to our problems is removing freedoms and promoting the ideas like this.

Exactly: No reason to half ass it like the Chinese.

It's going to take 30-40 years before they die out due to killing all the girl children.

If your going to do it, go all the way...

Option1: Allow Israel to use a 5ton bunker buster on Iran.. This should start things nicely.

Option2: open up that Ft. Detrick facility for tours like a cdc museum.. 60% reduction within a year easy

Option3 No more living in the plains.. Near volcanoes, the mississippi or gulf coast... trailer homes ONLY in Florida.

We need to put as much money and thought into this as Hydrogen cars.. ohh wait.. theres an idea.. ;)

Hahahah :D:applause:

He's absolutely correct.

Mandating 2 kids is a good start but that's all it would be, a start.

So you're ready for your government to round you up after your second kid is born to give you your mandated snip-snip?

Hey I kinda like that one. Although they should have breaks in the middle for those who qualify by passing intelligence tests. Only the best and brightest will make it.:D

Not too far from the ideas of only having blue eyed, yellow haired people in the world are we :D

Our country is blowing up in population due to a couple of factors one of which is us not being able to control the borders. The Republicans promised to fix this in 2004, and didn't do it. When Nancy Pelosi spoke during her 2006 house leader speech she said that this was going to be her top priority and never delivered. Instead of the Government trying to control how many babies its citizens are allowed to have why can't either the Democrats or the Republicans actually do thier jobs and control the borders for once? This is a backwards solution to a simple problem and as an American I'd rather make sure our house isn't burning down before worrying about our neighbors. As an American I am sick to death of people suggesting the solution to our problems is removing freedoms and promoting the ideas like this.

The writer is British. This has nothing to do with American Government...unless I misread something.

He's absolutely correct.

Mandating 2 kids is a good start but that's all it would be, a start.

QUOTE]

Mandating is a good start on tyranny. You can not use force within a western democracy on this issue and still be a democracy. Now incentives could be used (ie the Tax code to modify behaviour). That said population growth is not really an issue in the Western Democracies is it? Only in the third world, is population growth a serious concern. So are you suggesting the western powers use force to dictate population controls in these countries?

The writer is British. This has nothing to do with American Government...unless I misread something.

No you didn't misread, I'm just venting about ideas like this hitting our shores since the ideas are supported by Americans on this thread and in our current government. We need to stop worrying about everyone else and start taking care of ourselves first before worrying about some third world countries problems

I hope like hell a law like this is enacted in the U.S. as soon as possible. Why do people think it is their right to have as many kids as they want? If they want their family to be treated in a manner befitting the 21st century, then they should act in a civilized manner. Having more than 2 kids is just trashy.

I hope like hell a law like this is enacted in the U.S. as soon as possible. Why do people think it is their right to have as many kids as they want? If they want their family to be treated in a manner befitting the 21st century, then they should act in a civilized manner. Having more than 2 kids is just trashy.

i have 11 kids with 11 different women...so with each couple i have less than 2 kids...

am i still trashy?

I guess some families should stick to no kids.

Alrighty Greenzo! :thumbsup:

If this moron really wants to talk about birth rates, he needs to focus his attention on developing nations, not us. It's these developing countries that have the unsustainable, skyrocketing birthrates.

wrong. a single american child consumes enough resources and creates enough polution for an entire village of an undeveloped nation. so despite your comfortable disdain for them, we are, in fact, a bigger part of the problem.

From article:

compared with 1.7 for those born here

Which is below replacement level.

I don't get the article. Is he talking about Britain or as a whole? GB is already below 2 kids (as most developed countries are).

The article is not very accurate anyway. You really have to look at reality when it comes to this kind of stuff (Italy, Japan, etc.). Having less than the replacement level (2.1) becomes a BURDEN not a help. There is NO evidence to suggest it would help anything.

Now averaging 30+ kids or whatever some of these developing countries are up to IS a problem. The goal is to get these countries into manageable levels not developed countries like Britain.

(the U.S. is at 2.1 btw, which is just fine)

Archived