Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite song and motion picture scene pairing

Chump Bailey

2001 - Strauss' "Blue Danube": Spacecraft docking.

And I really liked the Gayne Ballet Suite from the same film. (Showing the Discovery astronauts going through their daily routine, en route to Jupiter.) I don't think I've ever heard a more lonely piece of music.

Great thread...okay here are some that come to mind:

Forrest Gump - 'Running on Empty': When Forrest is running..of course. :)Great use of that song.

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid - 'Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head'

Animal House: 'Shout' - Great scene jumping back and forth from Otis Day and the crowd.

Pulp Fiction - 'Girl You'll be a Woman Soon' -

Almost Famous 'Tiny Dancer' When the band is on the bus.

Goodfella's: 'Layla' - The song plays as many get wacked.

Thanks brother - solid choices...

little thing about Almost Famous...

the opening scene where they are looking down the hill on that street and on to the pier is where I lived (by the pier) for 3 years. The whole opening scene is filmed where I go to watch Redskins games every Sunday.

Need to check that out soon...

:cheers:

Kind of OT, but IMDB's trivia pages lists this tidbit about Buckaroo Bonzai:

When it came time to film the end titles sequence, where Buckaroo and pals are walking around a dry L.A. aqueduct in step to the music, the music wasn't ready. Composer 'Michael Boddicker' told the film crew to use "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel as a placeholder because it was the exact same tempo. Those scenes were filmed with "Uptown Girl" blaring from a boom box tied to the back of the camera truck.

Jenn-ay on the balcony railing in "Forrest Gump" while Free Bird plays .. I never listen to that song quite the same anymore.

~Bang

>edit< I posted before reading through, and as i look back three of us have picked a scene from Forrest Gump, but all three of us thought of a different scene.

Damn, that says something about that movie, doesn't it?

~Me again

Kind of OT, but IMDB's trivia pages lists this tidbit about Buckaroo Bonzai:

When it came time to film the end titles sequence, where Buckaroo and pals are walking around a dry L.A. aqueduct in step to the music, the music wasn't ready. Composer 'Michael Boddicker' told the film crew to use "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel as a placeholder because it was the exact same tempo. Those scenes were filmed with "Uptown Girl" blaring from a boom box tied to the back of the camera truck.

Ahh - A Jeff Goldblum classic much like Transylvania 6-500 :)

:cheers:

Jenn-ay on the balcony railing in "Forrest Gump" while Free Bird plays .. I never listen to that song quite the same anymore.

~Bang

>edit< I posted before reading through, and as i look back three of us have picked a scene from Forrest Gump, but all three of us thought of a different scene.

Damn, that says something about that movie, doesn't it?

~Me again

Most definitely Bang - that scene was riveting...

Warning: Graphic clips :obvious:

City of God - "Kung Fu Fighting" during the club scene (wish I could find a clip)

Summer of Sam - "Baba O'Riley" during Richie's montage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjsZEj5JvNo

American Psycho - "Hip to be Square" during the Paul Allen scene

Zoolander - "Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDxS6nAF7dY

Archived