Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone ever been burned by someone on ES?

dockeryfan

So I started a thread ages ago about a couple games I was looking to add to my collection. (I actually screwed up my copy of Superbowl XXVI, so if someone is a member of TYT and wants to reseed, muchas gracias)

ANYWAY,

I actually paid this guy a little money for a copy of the NFFCG from 1982. INever got it. I sent him a PM as a follow up, he said oh, my mistake, I'll send it again, don't worry about it, etc.

Never got it a second time either.

So, anyone else been burned by an ES member?

Yeah, I was at the Tailgate and I think someone burned me with their cigar...

Actually I've been only helped... Got Dallas tickets in '06 for face, got Dallas tickets this year for below face ($60 each for $64 tickets, I was willing to even pay for the PG tax) the only stipulation was, NO DALLAS FANS...

Yes.

On one of the few occasions that I've sold my tickets. I was stupid, (naive?), enough to let the tickets go before I got paid, because the game was so close and I didn't want to them to miss the game.

I eventually got the money, after several PM's and e-mails. It was uncomforable and somewhat embarrassing. I didn't call them out on the board, because I finally got paid. That was the next step.

Now it's strictly cash, money order or certified check.

lol, I didn't think that was right. If you're really interested, you can PM me.

I would suggest you PM the person, asking again for the product or your money back, and tell them that if you don't get either back within a reasonable amount of time, your next step is to go public with their name on this board.

That's a carrot and stick approach that is entirely fair and reasonable, in my opinion.

I sold my Steelers tickets to an ESer at face.

After that I saw a trend of him buying and reselling in the Classifieds at profit. :(

Yeah sorry about that, but in this economy, you gotta make a buck however you can... If it makes you feel better, I only got 200% markup on them instead of the 300% I was looking for...

Yes I'm joking in this post...

One time an ES member was kind enough to send me his original VHS copy of a game for me to copy and send back. As I was setting it up to copy, we had a sort of emergency (involving DLSF, this was years ago), and I left his tape in my player. It ended up being taped over several days later.

Damn!

I bought him a retail version of the game on DVD. What else could I do? I still feel kinda bad about it though.

Yeah sorry about that, but in this economy, you gotta make a buck however you can... If it makes you feel better, I only got 200% markup on them instead of the 300% I was looking for...

Yes I'm joking in this post...

:finger:

;)

Yes I know you are joking and if you can't figure it out from the winking smiley, please take the finger to heart.

:finger:

;)

Yes I know you are joking and if you can't figure it out from the winking smiley, please take the finger to heart.

Man I was joking... don't take it to heart... Stop being so uptight

yes I know you were joking and if you don't see this, I saw your ninja text..

No, I've only had really positive encounters with ESers away from cyber-reality. I've found them to be generous and very cool. From Pez and Huly, to Gbear, Techboy, Donita, Bang, and a host of others have been very kind and fair to me in every way.

I have worried about it though. When I bought tickets from an ESer, there's always a worry in the back of my head that the ticket will not come in time or be fraudulent, but luckily paranoia and cyicism have never become reality (knock on wood)

Archived