Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I just tried Straub Special Dark for the first time last weekend. I don't know what the beer's rep is, but I thought it was pretty good. Unless my brother-in-law was lying to me, I guess they're known for having all natural ingredients and no preservatives.

Last week I bought a case from Costco, and it's... wait for it...

...Kirkland brand beer.

A variety pack - "Handcrafted Lagers and Ales". The beers carry Costco's Kirkland signature brand and are brewed and bottled by the New York Brewing Company, Utica New York.

gord-0209-ks-beer_lo1.jpg

Six bottles of Amber Ale. Six bottles of Pale Ale. Six bottles of German-style Lager. And six bottles of Hefeweizen. The case was 19 bucks - less than $5.00 per six pack. I've tried each, and each type is actually pretty good beer. You can't beat the price if you can get past the lack of cachet of drinking a Costco brand beer.

Edited by Dan T.

Ok, sampled a few over the past few weeks:

Murphy's Irish Ale nitro-can: very good, I think I might like it a little more than the Guinness because it has less bite on the finish than the Guinness.

Sam Adam's Octoberfest: my first bottle I wasn't a fan, but as I've been working through the sixer in the past week I think I actually like it quite a bit.

Tuckaleechee Porter made by Smokey Mountain Brewery (micro-brew in Gatlinburg, TN) a nice malty ale with a thick taste and a hint of licorice in the finish. I also sampled one of theirs called Thunder Road, but woof it had a nasty after-taste almost like egg yolks or something, not good.

Newcastle Brown Ale: wow, my favorite brown ale by far, a nice sweet malty flavor none of the hoppy bitterness that other have, a very nice beer to have with a dinner.

...Kirkland brand beer.

A variety pack - "Handcrafted Lagers and Ales". The beers carry Costco's Kirkland signature brand and are brewed and bottled by the New York Brewing Company, Utica New York.

gord-0209-ks-beer_lo1.jpg

Six bottles of Amber Ale. Six bottles of Pale Ale. Six bottles of German-style Lager. And six bottles of Hefeweizen. The case was 19 bucks - less than $5.00 per six pack. I've tried each, and each type is actually pretty good beer. You can't beat the price if you can get past the lack of cachet of drinking a Costco brand beer.

How's the Pale Ale?

...Kirkland brand beer.

As soon as I saw that pic it threw me for a loop...same logo that's on my milk. I may actually try a case of Kirkland if for no other reason than curiosity.

• 2 weeks later...