Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I just got back from Germany and I have to say the Paulaner is my new favorites beer.

No offense but man if you were in Germany I hope you got a chance to try somethings we cant find here. Dont get me wrong Paulaner is a good beer but if I were in Germany it would probably be my last choice to drink.

Picked up a six pack of this today: PYRAMIDAPRICOT.JPG

I hate almost every fruit beer I've ever tried, and I was disappointed that I bought this after the first sip, but I've kind of changed my mind a few sips in to it. It really isn't too bad, but really can't imagine getting it again. Light body, pretty tart. Ain't bad, ain't good. It's a "oops" buy that I can live with.

I hate almost every fruit beer I've ever tried, and I was disappointed that I bought this after the first sip, but I've kind of changed my mind a few sips in to it. It really isn't too bad, but really can't imagine getting it again. Light body, pretty tart. Ain't bad, ain't good. It's a "oops" buy that I can live with.

For reasonably priced beers, I like the Pyramid Spring Fling and the IPA. I might pick up one of these tomorrow when I hit the Ye Ole Spirit Shop for a mix/matched 6'er.

Where in Solomons is it? I was down there for Tiki Bar and I still have never seen the place. I remember you saying something about it before, but I just can't seem to find it haha

It's actually about 60 seconds north of SOlomons by the new Hilton Inn.. right off the highway.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Arrogant **** Ale

ResizedImage200359-arrogant_bastard_ale.jpg

Poored in to large wine glass, developed a small, dark-yellow head that leaves a nice lacing along the sides of the glass as it slowly dissipates.

Color is beautiful. Brown with a touch of maroon. Carbonation is low, this brew looks classy. After close inspection, there is sediment throughout the brew that doesn't drift around. Swirl the beer and the sediment pretty much moves in unison.

Smell is awesome. Mouth watering malts with a hint of flower hops. Not a strong smell, but certainly nothing but delightful.

The thing about this beer that I still can't get over is the way it has a distinct two-step progress with its taste. Also, its characteristics are so well-blended that you can try to focus on finding different tastes with each sip and notice them with ease.

The initial taste can be citrus hops, pine hops, or an extremely delicious sweet malt. Take your choice as to which one you want to focus on tasting during each sip, you will taste it with clarity. It's very soft on the palate initially, but then bam, the hops take over with a dry, bitter finish.

Pretty sure the "arrogance" of this beer comes from the finish. It lures you in to thinking you're drinking something delightful...and then uh oh! Bitter beer face for Sally Joe! I love that!

I can't think of another beer that has a two step process as much as this one. Then again, you all know I'm relatively new at this. Still, I think this beer lives up to its name wholeheartedly. It makes you think it's a classy S.O.B. but then spits in your face. You arrogant ****.

A- (91)

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Nice write up double, sounds like I'd like the first part but that finish...mmm...that's the kinda stuff I try to avoid I really can't go for the bitter beer face stuff, I like the smooth rich brews that don't hurt me when I drink them. Thanks for the warning. ;)

Nice write up double, sounds like I'd like the first part but that finish...mmm...that's the kinda stuff I try to avoid I really can't go for the bitter beer face stuff, I like the smooth rich brews that don't hurt me when I drink them. Thanks for the warning. ;)

No problem! To each his own my friend. You aren't missing out if you're busy seeking different kinds of Monk beers. :)

No offense but man if you were in Germany I hope you got a chance to try somethings we cant find here. Dont get me wrong Paulaner is a good beer but if I were in Germany it would probably be my last choice to drink.

I tried a lot different beers all over Germany but that was my favorite. The beers you get in the states from Germany taste totally different when you’re in Germany from what I have heard.

Edited by Gibbsisgod2006

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Fritz & Ken's Stout

100_2028.JPG

Pored in to large wine glass. A gorgeous tan head that sparkles, literally. The head also takes a surprising amount of time to dissipate; it's so thick that you could write your name in to it.

Color is pitch black, when I put it next to a 60 watt bulb the light didn't penetrate through at all. This thing looks like a no-BS brew if I've ever seen one.

Smell is very satisfying. Roasted malts, floral hops and chocolate are obvious. Some dark fruit is in there as well.

Taste is a nice punch of roasted malts, smoke, burnt toast and chocolate which flows in to sweet floral hops and a little bit of dark fruit. Yeah, you're damn right this beer is all over the place. This is the first time I've described a beer having the taste of "smoke", but it definitely fits for this brew. I must say there's a very delightful touch of not-too-bitter hops that feeds in to a ridiculously scrumptious aftertaste. The alcohol is somewhat present but complimentary.

This stout looks awesome, it smells good, it tastes great...I have to get this again. I have to figure the barrels they age this stuff in has a lot to do with the taste. I'm still a bit perplexed. They obviously took extra special care of this stuff, this blows every other Sierra Nevada I've had out of the water. It's worth getting again.

A+ (98)

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Fritz & Ken's Stout

100_2028.JPG

Pored in to large wine glass. A gorgeous tan head that sparkles, literally. The head also takes a surprising amount of time to dissipate; it's so thick that you could write your name in to it.

Color is pitch black, when I put it next to a 60 watt bulb the light didn't penetrate through at all. This thing looks like a no-BS brew if I've ever seen one.

Smell is very satisfying. Roasted malts, floral hops and chocolate are obvious. Some dark fruit is in there as well.

Taste is a nice punch of roasted malts, smoke, burnt toast and chocolate which flows in to sweet floral hops and a little bit of dark fruit. Yeah, you're damn right this beer is all over the place. This is the first time I've described a beer having the taste of "smoke", but it definitely fits for this brew. I must say there's a very delightful touch of not-too-bitter hops that feeds in to a ridiculously scrumptious aftertaste. The alcohol is somewhat present but complimentary.

This stout looks awesome, it smells good, it tastes great...I have to get this again. I have to figure the barrels they age this stuff in has a lot to do with the taste. I'm still a bit perplexed. They obviously took extra special care of this stuff, this blows every other Sierra Nevada I've had out of the water. It's worth getting again. A.

Love that beer. They are tapping it locally soon. Can't wait.

Nice write up double.

Couple questions:

1) what about the mouthfeel; full bodied, dry, thick, syrup, thin, carbonation.

2) What level of hoppiness would you say it had on a scale of 1-10 Arrogant being 9-10 and Trappistes #8 being 2 or 3?

It's thick bodied for sure, and it is so drinkable. Carbonation isn't much, low, perhaps in the average range.

Man, I'm not seasoned enough to be ranking hop levels :ols:...but I'll say you're in the right area with the **** and Rochefort. I'll just throw a number out there and say the hop level of the Sierra Nevada is 3.

I just tried a Yuengling Bock beer.

I had no idea that they brewed one. The taste is hard to describe, you can tell it's a Yuengling. It's darker and seems a tad maltier.

It wasn't anything to write home about, but it wasn't too bad.

The Yuengling porter is much better.

Why Mexican?

That's my question as well, why Mexican beer as opposed to a nice imported or domestic craft beer? There are so many great beers out there why would you settle for what is in essence a macrobrew? I wouldn't start out with the best beer ever, but I'd certainly start with something that has some quality.

Some of you beer snobs crack me up.

There is nothing wrong with drinking a Corona, as a matter of fact, many including myself think they taste damn good on a hot summer day, especially with a lime. Everyone doesn't sit around and discect every beer they drink.

I really enjoy tasting the varieties of beer, I also enjoy getting together with my buddies and knocking back several 30 packs with a bushel of crabs. After I mow my grass on some days, the best tasting beer in my fridge is a Miller Lite.

When I'm at the beach, you might even find me knocking back a 6'er of Natty Bo, because for some reason, I think they taste great while sitting on the beach.

If the man wants to order a Mexican beer, let him order a Mexican beer, I would to if I was eating Mexican or in Mexico. :silly:

Funny, I understand it's not full of flavors and smells, it is a pretty good beer and has it's place.

I would pick a Miller Lite over a nice wheat beer after mowing the grass because to me, it's refreshing and goes down smooth.

What's your choice of beer after mowing the grass or when you want something that's smooth and goes down easy without disecting the flavors and smells that a lot of other beers have to offer?

See, but here's the problem, he came in to a thread that has about $1,000 of beer posted in pictures alone in the past 20 pages...asking what his first legal beer should be. Perhaps he's not aware of that, but we naturally reacted. I doubt he just got done mowing the grass and is grabbing his first legal beer out of the cooler.

See, but here's the problem, he came in to a thread that has about $1,000 of beer posted in pictures alone in the past 20 pages...asking what his first legal beer should be. Perhaps he's not aware of that, but we naturally reacted. I doubt he just got done mowing the grass and is grabbing his first legal beer out of the cooler.

:ols:

yeah, I changed my mind after looking at their selection...the owner gave me a shot of some high quality tequila and a margarita on the house.

Friday night....thats when im going to drink my face off