Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Sounds tasty man. We're making our monthly trek out to Total Wine this weekend, I'll look for it.

BelowDecks

Check the dates....the older, the better.

If they have the '09, buy a couple of 4-packs. Open one and try it now. It's pretty decent.

Open another one in 6 months, and try it...then again 3 months after that, and so on.

You'll be amazed at how it evolves.

Has anyone tried one of those fridge kegs yet from Miller Light, and Coors light?

I know I know.....they arent fancy beers....just wanted to see if anyone had tried them.....

I know coors light was coming out with the fridge keg but I havent seen anything from miller lite. **** looks awesome and it lasts 30 days.

I picked up a 12'er of Dundee tonight, and realized that I've tried about 90% of the beers at my most local beer store. 4 different kinds of beers in it: Kolsch Style Ale, Stout, Pale Bock Lager, and IPA.

Don't get too excited. I picked up the same 12'er last time I was in AZ at the Super Market when it was the only beer there I hadn't tried. MUCH better than the Bud Light everyone else bought, but I don't think I'll get it again on purpose.

I know coors light was coming out with the fridge keg but I havent seen anything from miller lite. **** looks awesome and it lasts 30 days.

If it is cheaper than buying the beers by the case then it's cool. If it costs more like most then it doesn't make sense.

Don't get too excited. I picked up the same 12'er last time I was in AZ at the Super Market when it was the only beer there I hadn't tried. MUCH better than the Bud Light everyone else bought, but I don't think I'll get it again on purpose.

Yeah well the only reason I got it was because I wanted to try something new. I gotta start hustling to the store up the pike that allows you to buy single bottles and drink them in the store while you shop. It's the only damn place around here that you can make your own six pack. They have a very nice selection from what I've been told...will probably make it up there in the middle of the weak.

070310001080.jpg

Dundee Stout:

Poors black with a small tan head that goes away quickly. Faint aroma of roasted malts and dark fruit. Taste and mouthfeel are light for a stout. Chocolate, roasted malt and some dark fruit characteristics that are relatively lackluster. D-.

Dundee Pale Bock Lager

Poors amber with a small white head that goes away quickly. Aroma of a macrobrew with a decent twist of citrus fruits. Flavor has a nice punch and is quite surprising. An overall feel of spicyness is prominent throughout the tasting process, which is highlighted with a high carbonation level. Sweet malts and bread that feed in to bittersweet and spicy aftertaste. A semi-bland overtone, but I'm actually quite surprised with this lager. C-.

Dundee Kolsch-Style Ale

Poors amber with a small white head that goes away quickly. A very odd aroma of buttered bread and a touch of honey with a cherry on top. Something you'd only make if you smoked an ounce of weed in half an hour. Taste is a punch of bread and sweet malts. A little bit of bitterness, not much. Body is actually medium, which is nice. I'm not familiar with this style of beer, but it's overall pretty funky. D.

Dundee IPA

Poors a light maple color with a white head that is more prominent then the last three brews. Aroma is of weak floral hops with the malts actually being more noticeable. Taste is all about bitterness; grapefruit and a dash of malt. Seems like they just said, "make this beer bitter and we'll pass it off as an IPA." Which ain't a bad policy as far as I'm concerned. C.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I went to the Wine in the Woods yesterday and after every wine I tried all I could think is that I could really go for a beer. I came home and opened a Sierra Nevada Porter. Wine just can't touch a good beer.

Agreed.

Wine gives me a headache.

Give me a beer, anytime!

Forget about a "fridge keg"

Get one of these....

Nice set up is that yours? I made a kegerator a few years back for my homebrew but its not as nice as the one you have pictured. Mine is just a simple stainless steel minifridge conversion. Would love to know how you added the graphics/colors (if its yours).

Edited by Warpath11

Nice set up is that yours? I made a kegerator a few years back for my homebrew but its not as nice as the one you have pictured. Mine is just a simple stainless steel minifridge conversion. Would love to know how you added the graphics/colors (if its yours).

That's gotta be his. The Heavy Seas case is a dead give away lol

That's gotta be his. The Heavy Seas case is a dead give away lol

Yes it's mine.

It's an old Kenmore, (mfg year is 1987), that was gifted to me a few years ago. It was given up for dead, but I resurrected it. The unit was left out in the weather for a few years, and was pretty nasty, (dirt, bugs, etc.), and it was falling apart. It did, however, get cold when I plugged it in.

It was originally brown, with one of those vinyl-covered particle board table-tops that was water damaged beyond repair.

Over the course of a couple of weekends I cleaned it up, re-wired it, added insulation, installed a tower cooler, made a new table top and painted it. I used Rustoleum spray paint, and did the best I could to match up the burgundy. I also painted the mug-rail with the Rustoleum.

The table top is a piece of butcher block that I cut to size and routed. I used the Home Depot "Glidden NFL colors" paint. I also stuck a Redskins vinyl adhesive decal,(it came with a Fathead) on the table-top, near the front. The color for the table-top is spot on, because the decal is gold, with burgundy letters, and it blends seamlessly.

The Redskins *Budweiser sign on the door is metal. It was also gifted to me. I used some type of 3M double-sided adhesive to affix the sign to the door.

I added new beer line and a stainless Perlick forward sealing faucet.

Recently, I was concerned, because the liquid temp of the beer was only 41 degrees. (CO2 comes out of solution at temps above 38 degrees..i.e. foamy pours)

It was an easy fix. All I did was replace the door-liner and door gasket with OEM parts, (which I was surprised to find, given that the unit is so old) Damn thing gets so cold now that I have to dial the thermostat up to keep it from freezing the beer lines.

I probably dumped around $300.00 into it.

My favorite part, which you can't see in those pics, is the Redskins tap-handle. I got Chris Cooley to autograph it and put "Dallas Sucks!" on it.

*no Budweiser product will ever be dispensed from this kegerator

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Both!

Loose Cannon now....and make Peg Leg the last beer of the night...then guzzle some water and call it a night......

Yeah I wish, but gotta save up for a big beer run on wednesday. A sixer is all I can do tonight. I think this beer store has the Heavy Seas Holy Sheet, ever tried that? I might just go with a 4 pack of double dog double pale ale tonight. That **** is so delicious and it's been too long.

Yeah I wish, but gotta save up for a big beer run on wednesday. A sixer is all I can do tonight. I think this beer store has the Heavy Seas Holy Sheet, ever tried that? I might just go with a 4 pack of double dog double pale ale tonight. That **** is so delicious and it's been too long.

I don't like the Holy Sheet.

It's supposed to be a Belgian style ale and, I think it fails. Truth is, I'm not a big fan of Belgian style ales, so maybe it's good, but I don't like it. Too sweet for my taste.

Go for the Double Dog or the Loose Cannon or, if they have it, give the Sierra Nevada Torpedo a try. Lot's of delicous hop flavors. The variety of hops that they use gives the Torpedo more of a bite than the Loose Cannon.

Dammit....this thread makes me want a beer, and I just happen to have a couple of Torpedo's in the fridge...