Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Kurt Warner a Hall-of-Famer?

Dan T.

I must admit that I was not a Warner believer back in his Rams days. I always thought he lucked onto a team with loads of talent around him. His performance in New York kind of validated that impression but what he's done in Arizona has certainly turned me around and he became a Hall of Famer last year by taking Arizona to the Super Bowl. Right now, as others have said, what he's doing is just reducing the time he will have to wait. He somehow gets them to another Super Bowl and he's got to be a first ballot guy.

yup. The man has amasing luck in the post season. I don't see him getting past the Vikes though.

Vikes have to beat the Cowboys first.

Also, the Vikes have been slipping of late.

Warner better get into the HOF. He is a stud. I hope he sticks around for longer. I really enjoy watching him play.

On another topic, I would draft a QB this year if I were the Cards. Leinart is a bust and they need to have a "guy in waiting" to be able to take over the reigns of that ferrari of an offense.

I still am on the fence about Warner being a HoFer. His good years have been awesome, but he kind of disappeared in the middle. He does have a Super Bowl ring, Super Bowl MVP, 2-time MVP, and has played in 3 Super Bowls. If they were to somehow make it back to the Super Bowl this year, I think he'll be in.

He will get in 3rd or fourth try I expect him to retire after this season.

even when he was on the Gianst he was 5-3 when they benched him i believe or he would have had even better stats

Warner was godawful on the Giants. That record was due solely to Tiki Barber carrying the team. When he's not surrounded by insane WR's, Warner is pretty average.

Warner was godawful on the Giants. That record was due solely to Tiki Barber carrying the team. When he's not surrounded by insane WR's, Warner is pretty average.

I know you may have some hard feelings about the man, but you don't think that Warner with the Giants (and even the beginning with the Cards) may not have still been suffering from those thumb/hand problems and other lingering injury issues?

It seems to me that even when Boldin goes out, he's connecting to TEs no one has heard of, guys named Early, special teams demons like Breaston (who has developed) etc

Nevermind what Fitz said about how perfect his ball placement is, nevermind that Leinart can't do the same things with the EXACT SAME OFFENSIVE TALENT.

Get over his time in NY because it was clearly an aberration. Hell, his line in AZ isn't even that good and look at what he does (he takes a lot of hits, actually, look it up, he just doesn't get sacked because he does it right.)

Nevermind what Fitz said about how perfect his ball placement is, nevermind that Leinart can't do the same things with the EXACT SAME OFFENSIVE TALENT.

Get over his time in NY because it was clearly an aberration. Hell, his line in AZ isn't even that good and look at what he does (he takes a lot of hits, actually, look it up, he just doesn't get sacked because he does it right.)

The Leinart comment is the key evidence, in my opinion.

Also, I think it is noteworthy that Warner actually performs better against the blitz. Perhaps because of his fast release.

Warner with the Giants doesn't matter. The reason is simple, he's a different QB in the post season. He's Bruce Banner in the regular season and The Hulk as soon as the playoffs start. He has the second highest post season QB rating to Bart Star and games like yesterday work to close that gap. He has the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd yardage totals in the superbowl as well as the most passing yards combined in the big game.

Just consider what he did yesterday and keep in mind it was not his best game. He went 29/33 5td 300+ yards. That over 80% completion. That's over 11 yards per attempt. That is as good as a QB can play without throwing deep touchdowns to himself.

Watched the first half of that game, Sunday. And IMO, (and, granted, I only watched one half of one game), Arizona's going to the Super Bowl.

I know the media has already crowned Dallas. But with Dallas, I saw a lot of footballs on the rug, that the officials said didn't count. The officials were correct, those weren't turnovers. But they were millimeters away from being turnovers.

IMO, both Philly and Dallas were sloppy teams. (And so were both of the teams that had byes, last week.)

Arizona looked professional.

The guy threw more touchdowns than incompletions.

I've decided: I'm a Cardinals fan for the rest of the playoffs.

Arizona isn't going to the SB again. I think people are getting carried away. Their season ends this weekend. Book it.

Granted, my opinion is based on watching Arizona play one half of one game. That may not be the real Arizona.

But IMO, the Arizona team I watched, easily handles the NO team that played Dallas. And beats (but maybe not easily) the NO team that got lucky against the Skins.

Arizona is too inconsistent. Before last week, everyone and their mother was on Green Bay to win that game. And alot of folks didn't even think it would be close. Now it seems like everyone is picking them to beat New Orleans. The Saints are rested up. And I think they will play well in this game. Plus they will look to take back their homefield advantage, after losing to Dallas and Tampa late in the year. Saints win this one 28-17, imo.

NO's D isn't all that good: remember what JC (yes, the same JC who many on here claim can't read defenses or beat blitzes) did to them a month ago? NO isn't all that good at pressuring with the front 4, and Warner is a beast at beating blitzes. Granted, Arizona's D might not be able to stop Brees, but I can see this game being similar to the GB/Zona game on Sunday: a shootout that goes right down to the wire. Under those circumstances, Warner's postseason track record leads me to believe that he'll find a way to lead his team to a win. He is unstoppable in the postseason, not even last year's #1 D could stop him. The only times he's lost are in games where the D gave up a drive at the end.

Archived