Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Kurt Warner a Hall-of-Famer?

Dan T.

Craig Morton was the first to lead two teams to the SB. Btw, he's not in the Hall of Fame. And, in my opinion, Warner won't be either if he doesn't win on Sunday. I say that, because I don't think he has the numbers to get in, at the moment. And its being reported that this could be his last year, as he's in the last year of his current contract.

He just doesn't have enough years as a starting qb. But beating the Steelers would probably do the trick. He would probably get in. If not, if he came back for at least another year, he could pad his numbers and it would likely be enough to get him in.

With that said, I hope the guy wins on Sunday. And I hope he gets in. I've always liked the guy. You could definitely make a movie about the guy's life. He's truly an inspiration. A class act.

Comparing Craig Morton to the 2 time MVP/ 3 Sup bowl appearance Kurt Warner is insanity. Morton had more INT's then TD passes in his career, and had an awful 73.4 passer rating. BTW, Morton I believe did not win a super bowl ( I could be wrong). BTW here is some of Kurt's records:

" * Second Highest Completion Percentage, Career (Min. 1500 attempts) - 65.75%[11]

* Highest Average Passing Yards Per Game, Career (Min. 100 games) - 261.2 yards/game[12]

* Most Yards Passing, Super Bowl - 414 yards vs. Tennessee Titans (only QB to pass for 400+ yards in the Super Bowl; also owns 2nd and 3rd highest yardage total in Super Bowl with 377 against the Pittsburgh Steelers with 377, and 365 against the New England Patriots), respectively. [13][14]

* Highest Rate of Games w/300+ Yards Passing (Min. 100 games played) - 45.2% (47/104)[15]

* Most Consecutive Games w/300+ Yards Passing - 6 (tied w/Steve Young and Rich Gannon[16]

* Most Games with a Perfect Passer Rating, Career (regular season only) - 3 (tied w/Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger)[17]

* Only NFL quarterback to throw 40 touchdowns and win a Super Bowl in the same season (1999)."

Source: Wiki

-Grant

Even though the Cards lost the game, Warner's performance only solidified his bid for the HOF

I actually agree with this. I've said that he needed to win this game in order to solidify his chances for the HOF. Now, after yet another great performance im pretty convinced he will eventually get in. I think they said he now owns the top 3 passing games in SB history. And it wasn't his fault they lost this game. He did his job.

Comparing Craig Morton to the 2 time MVP/ 3 Sup bowl appearance Kurt Warner is insanity. Morton had more INT's then TD passes in his career, and had an awful 73.4 passer rating. BTW, Morton I believe did not win a super bowl ( I could be wrong). BTW here is some of Kurt's records:

" * Second Highest Completion Percentage, Career (Min. 1500 attempts) - 65.75%[11]

* Highest Average Passing Yards Per Game, Career (Min. 100 games) - 261.2 yards/game[12]

* Most Yards Passing, Super Bowl - 414 yards vs. Tennessee Titans (only QB to pass for 400+ yards in the Super Bowl; also owns 2nd and 3rd highest yardage total in Super Bowl with 377 against the Pittsburgh Steelers with 377, and 365 against the New England Patriots), respectively. [13][14]

* Highest Rate of Games w/300+ Yards Passing (Min. 100 games played) - 45.2% (47/104)[15]

* Most Consecutive Games w/300+ Yards Passing - 6 (tied w/Steve Young and Rich Gannon[16]

* Most Games with a Perfect Passer Rating, Career (regular season only) - 3 (tied w/Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger)[17]

* Only NFL quarterback to throw 40 touchdowns and win a Super Bowl in the same season (1999)."

Source: Wiki

-Grant

Dude, I wasn't comparing the two. I was merely pointing out that the only other qb to lead two different teams to the SB isn't in. One guy earlier said that because Warner had did this that he should be in. I was only letting him know that the other QB to have accomplished this isn't in the HOF. If you had read the entire thread you would have known this. Keep up, bro.

I think that INT at the end of the first half will haunt him and his HoF chances for a long time, unless he can redeem himself on the big stage before his career is over. And it will be tough for him to get back on that stage, with the Cards or anybody else. Not because he's not capable, but that it's just so tough to get there.

I think that INT at the end of the first half will haunt him and his HoF chances for a long time, unless he can redeem himself on the big stage before his career is over. And it will be tough for him to get back on that stage, with the Cards or anybody else. Not because he's not cabable, but that it's just so tough to get there.

I don't think that play will haunt him, Dan. This is why: 1) you have to tip your hat to Harrison and LeBeau. It was a great call to drop him in coverage. Warner was throwing to a spot. It was a timing play. He never expected Harrison to drop back. 2) The Cardinals didn't let that play take them out of the game. In fact, they eventually got the lead. So, if they eventually were able to right the ship and take the lead, I don't see how it kept them from winning the game. 3) Warner had a terrific game, otherwise. 31-43 377 yards 3 TD 1 INT...Those are great numbers. Especially against the #1 rated defense. And even moreso, considering it came on the biggest stage possible.

Before the game, I was of the opinion that Warner had to win this game to get in the HOF. Now I've changed my mind. I think he's pretty much a lock to get in, eventually. May not be first ballot. But I think he gets in at some point. I think he now has the top 3 passing games in SB history. 2 NFL MVPs. 1 SB MVP. Took two different teams to the SB. Rams were the losingest team of the 90s and he got them in twice, and even won with them. Then he took the Cardinals, of all teams, there and nearly got them their first SB. He also has comparable stats to guys like Aikman and Young. I also think his rags-to-riches story will help.

I think he is based on his performances he took a Rams team that stunk for years and wonthe superbowl he played good with the gianst for 8 games. and now has taken a team to the superbowl that couldnt even spell superbowl let alone think about getting there his accomplishments on teh field speak for themeselves He should get in on the third or fourth ballot.

Heck of a game by Warner...

To think we could have had warner over brunell... :doh:

And I think he would have cost us no draft picks.

He should have been SB MVP if not for the Steelers last drive, which he had 0 control over. How many QB's have been SB MVP for 2 teams? And look at what teams he has taken to the SB. The laughingstocks of the league. He should sign with Cincy or Detroit after this IMO.

• 11 months later...
He's definitely getting in the HOF. Its not even a question now. I thought he was in after last year's SB. Today was more icing on the cake, imo.

The #2 post season QB rating

Has the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd most passing yards in a superbowl.

Has lead two teams to the big game and played great in all of them. I can't see how you don't put him in the big game when he's clearly been better than pretty much any QB in the post season.

check out this stuff... just amazing

NFL records

2nd Highest Average Passing Yards Per Game, Career (Min. 100 games) - 260.4 yards/game (Peyton Manning is first)[32]

Highest completion percentage in a single game (regular season) - 92.3% (24/26) (9/20/09) [33]

Most Yards Passing, Super Bowl (Game) - 414 yards vs. Tennessee Titans (only QB to pass for 400+ yards in the Super Bowl; also owns 2nd and 3rd highest yardage total in Super Bowl with 377 against the Pittsburgh Steelers and 365 against the New England Patriots). [34][35]

Most Yards Passing, Super Bowl (Career) - 1,156 yards.

Most Yards Passing, Playoffs (Single Season) - 1,147 yards (in 2009).

Most touchdown passes in a single postseason - 11 (in 2009, tied w/Joe Montana, who did it in 1990)

Highest Rate of Games w/300+ Yards Passing (Min. 100 games played) - 45.2% (47/104)[36]

Most Consecutive Games w/300+ Yards Passing - 6 (tied w/ Steve Young and Rich Gannon)[37]

Most Games with a perfect Passer Rating, Career (regular season only) - 3 (tied w/Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger)[38]

Only NFL quarterback to throw 40 touchdowns and win a Super Bowl in the same season (1999).

One of only 5 players in NFL history to throw for more than 300 yards at least 50 times. Warner did it in 113 games, also a record.

Only quarterback to throw for over 14,000 yards with two different teams.(Arizona Carinals, St. Louis Rams)

One of only 2 players in NFL history to throw 100 touchdown passes with two different teams.(Fran Tarkenton is the other)

At age 37, Warner became the oldest quarterback to throw for 30 touchdowns in a season (2008).-broken by Brett Favre in 2009 at age 40

Tied Dan Marino as the fastest player to pass for 30,000 yards. He accomplished this in 114 games.

Tied Johnny Unitas with 4 consecutive games with a passer rating over 120 (against Brett Favre and the 10-1 Vikings on 12/6/2009)

Highest Average of 329.4 passing yards on MNF (min 7 games)

Archived