Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Kurt Warner a Hall-of-Famer?

Dan T.

In 2 weeks he will join an elite few who can say that they've qb'd in 3 superbowls. add to that the fact that he will become only the second QB to ever start in the superbowl for 2 different franchises (and both franchises were crap before he got there). At this point I don't think its even a matter of being considered....He's a lock.....

I've been rooting for him for years. The guy's life and career is straight out of a Disney movie. Its only fitting that it have a Disney ending.

I'm a big Warner fan. But to say he's a "lock" is defintely a stretch.

I'm a big Warner fan. But to say he's a "lock" is defintely a stretch.

He's about to be a Super Bowl quarterback for the third time. I don't have the Hall memorized, but I would be pretty surprised if there were any three-time Super Bowl quarterbacks (as the starter in all three, obviously) who aren't in.

Remember when we could have had him as our QB right at the start of Gibbs 2.0.

Don't get me wrong, I thought he was done then just like everyone else. Just crazy how wrong we all were.

We could have had a HOFer QB for several years instead of MB.

As of right now, not enough years as an active, starting QB, not enough yardage thrown and not enough TD's to go in the hall of fame.

Ok how about this

Warner 28,591 Yards 93.8 Passer Rating 182 TDs

Namath 27,663 66.5 Passer Rating 173 TDs

I don't care what Joe did or said. Warner has better stats and he did it with two different teams and he has two MVP and lead his teams to three Super Bowl appearances. I won't punish him for being a late bloomer. When he is hot he is just as good as any QB.

As of right now, not enough years as an active, starting QB, not enough yardage thrown and not enough TD's to go in the hall of fame.

IF he can beat the Steelers (which my gut says the Cards will do), then with 2 rings he has a pretty good shot.

is that a joke?

just how many 2 time league MVP, super bowl MVP, 3 career superbowl QB's are there out there?

His "reduced numbers" can go to ****ing hell. He should be in the HOF

He only needed two or three seasons to be declared an all-time AFL great. He had two straight conference championships for Iowa there.

Speaking of that, if you ever watched an AFL game, you can really see where he got his quick release and ability to take a beating.

is that a joke?

just how many 2 time league MVP, super bowl MVP, 3 career superbowl QB's are there out there?

Calm down, man. I don't think the guy said he WON'T get in. He, like me, just thinks its not a "lock" as one poster stated he was.

Again, im a huge Warner fan. He's a great story. Good man. But im still debating it, myself. Now if the Cards beat the Steelers, im probably off the fence. At that point he would have "won" with two different teams. Along with the 2 MVP, Super Bowl MVP.

Like the OP said, probably the one thing hurting him is he hasn't started enough years. I hope he makes it, though.

I don't think so. Even if he wins a second Super Bowl, I don't think he's HOF caliber. Statistically, yes he's up there but the HOF, IMO, isn't a place for stat hogs. It isn't the "Hall of Pretty Good" after all. I think it's for players that define (or redefine) their position through their play.

Arguably, Warner's stats are bloated because of the more pass friendly league that he played and the offenses he's been in. Granted those years in St. Louis when they were the Greatest Show on Turf were awesome. Possibly the most dynamic offense we've seen in a while. But that was a perfect storm of talent that came together in one place... can't credit Warner for that. Warner, Holt, Bruce, Az Hakim, Faulk and their mad scientist coach all contributed to that.

I don't think so. Even if he wins a second Super Bowl, I don't think he's HOF caliber.

lolol

If he gets a second Super Bowl, he's a lock for the HOF. His performance with the Rams was outstanding when they were winning. Hall of pretty good? He was the best at that time. A second Ring and he's a lock IMO, because the Hall is slanted toward QB play.

I had him as a "yes" before this and a "hell yes" now. He guided the frigging Cardinals to the Super Bowl (and the Rams were pretty damn pathetic pre-"Greatest Show on Turf" as well) .....win or lose, that's gotta mean something.

if "stat hogs" such as Warner shouldn't get in, then how the hell does Favre deserve to get in?

is that a joke?

You absolutely have no idea how entry into the HOF works, according to the logic used in your post.

At the time of his retirement, he needs to exceed or surpass the stats of the greatest passers in his era, and his MVP really bears very little weight when compared to his lack of years as a starter, his TD's and his throwing yards.

The only thing that could enhance his chances is winning a 2nd SB. If he doesn't win another, he will have an Art Monk-esque wait to get in. That is, if he ever gets in.

You absolutely have no idea how entry into the HOF works, according to the logic used in your post.

At the time of his retirement, he needs to exceed or surpass the stats of the greatest passers in his era, and his MVP really bears very little weight when compared to his lack of years as a starter, his TD's and his throwing yards.

The only thing that could enhance his chances is winning a 2nd SB. If he doesn't win another, he will have an Art Monk-esque wait to get in. That is, if he ever gets in.

If he wins another SB, he will be one of the most decorated players in NFL history.

And you see, his lack of time in the league actually works against you. He has accomplished more in less time.

career QB rating 93.8, highest YPG of all time, second most accurate passer in history...

Archived