Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Kurt Warner a Hall-of-Famer?

Dan T.

3100 yards, 20 TDs and 7 INTs on the season in 10 games. They're 7-3. He may not be a HOFer, but he sure as hell should be the frontrunner for the league MVP right now. I like this guy. If we can't go tothe Super Bowl, I'm like Armchair Redskins. I'd root for Kurt Warner to win another SB. I still feel that with 2-3 MVPs, maybe another Super Bowl win and if he can reach 225-250 TDs then he should get consideration.

• 1 month later...

The Rams were garbage in 98'...Super Bowl winners in 99'...then he backed it all up with another Super Bowl appearances in 2001. The Giant team he was on was not that good...now he has taken the Cardinals from mediocrity to "at least" the NFC Championship team.

If he gets the Cardinals to the Super Bowl...he is a LOCK...if not maybe he gets in within 8-10 yars of retiring.

Absolutely he is. Kurt Warner has made the teams he played on better. The Rams and the Cardinals have paid dividends since signing Warner. I don't count the Giants because he really wasn't given a fair chance and Eli was waiting. You can't deny the numbers and accolades Warner has compiled. A Super Bowl MVP and 2x Season MVP it is hard to argue against Kurt Warner. He may not first ballot but he'll get in. :helmet:

Anyone who has won 2 MVP awards deserves to be in. Getting into the HOF now is not that difficult as they have to let in 5 players a year which to me dilutes it some what. Howie Long a HOF'er. not in my book. Baseball on the other hand only let's in the elite.

Anyone who has won 2 MVP awards deserves to be in. Getting into the HOF now is not that difficult as they have to let in 5 players a year which to me dilutes it some what.

Not quite true. . .

From the Hall of Fame website:

"The Board of Selectors meets annually at the time of the Super Bowl to elect new members. There is no set number for any class of enshrinees but, the Board's current ground rules do stipulate that between four and seven new members will be selected each year. The 1973 and 1976 classes of three were the smallest ever named."

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/selectionprocess.jsp

The thing about the Hall of FAme is when you go back and actually look at the careers guys have had, you come away unimpressed.

Troy Aikman won three SBs in a short span of time. He was a good QB and had some great accuracy and made plays when it mattered a few times. But people act like every candidate for the HoF has 15 HALL OF FAME years.

They don't. Most got in on 3 REALLY ELITE, GREAT years and maybe 3-4 more of solid years and a bunch of bookend "learning and young/declining" years.

Only a few guys have just year after year of great production/results for a decade or more.

The thing about the Hall of FAme is when you go back and actually look at the careers guys have had, you come away unimpressed.

Troy Aikman won three SBs in a short span of time. He was a good QB and had some great accuracy and made plays when it mattered a few times. But people act like every candidate for the HoF has 15 HALL OF FAME years.

They don't. Most got in on 3 REALLY ELITE, GREAT years and maybe 3-4 more of solid years and a bunch of bookend "learning and young/declining" years.

Only a few guys have just year after year of great production/results for a decade or more.

Great point!

When I think of Kurt Warner, I think of Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin. When he is surrounded by talent, he has been successfull. I just can't get the images of him fumbling 6 times in a game, while in New York. I think he was the product of the system in STL. Bulger stepped in and his stats are very close to Warner's STL numbers, as far as completion % goes. He is a good player but not a 1st Ballot HOF. Maybe not at all.

When I think of Kurt Warner, I think of Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin. When he is surrounded by talent, he has been successfull. I just can't get the images of him fumbling 6 times in a game, while in New York.

As I've pointed out about Brees and Rivers, it's not like a team can't hit on two QBs (or more, they picked up Trent Green as a FA) or groom one (like Bulger) after striking it rich.

As for the fumbles, it's been long established that Kurt's thumb was MESSED UP for a long time. Now he wears that glove and I almost wonder if it helps him deal with that injury and if it's healed now.

Is he a Tom Brady who can make David Givens or Deion Branch look like really good receivers? Perhaps not but I think when he was down it was because he was unhealthy or hurt from taking so many hits in Martz's system and for just getting his bell rung so many times waiting to make that perfect downfield throw.

A little :ot:, but one aspect of the Cards win in Carolina I found interesting was Warner beating Delholmme.

Master beating pupil.

Jake was Kurt's understudy in Amsterdam way back when, and played the part again Sunday to perfection.

Guess NFL Europe had some merits as a breeding ground to get guys actual full speed game expeareance after all huh?

Hail.

All Kurt does is win when people think he can't. He is the ultimate blue collar player. He was a no one until an injury put him into the starting role with the Rams. He was a third string not too long ago and certainly wasn't going to start over the USC golden boy.

And now all he's done is taken the team no one believed in during this post season... to the friggin superbowl.

Kurt deserves to be in a special "don't let them tell you want you can't do" room in canton with a few others.

After 11 seasons has over a 65% completion percentage. Alot better than Marino, Favre, Namath, Theismann..., that's as far as I looked, but i'd say he def. deserves to be considered for the HOF.

In 2 weeks he will join an elite few who can say that they've qb'd in 3 superbowls. add to that the fact that he will become only the second QB to ever start in the superbowl for 2 different franchises (and both franchises were crap before he got there). At this point I don't think its even a matter of being considered....He's a lock.....

I've been rooting for him for years. The guy's life and career is straight out of a Disney movie. Its only fitting that it have a Disney ending.

Archived