Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Torrence Shocked By Release

TK

Obviously Tryon was viewed highly as they spent a 4th rounder on him. Ive seen scouting reports from people tat said Tryon was a good CB also. If he has high potential, then you can't judge the guy after 4 preaseason games. Tryon look bad this preaseason, but if he his a quality #3 guy two years down the road, we should keep him

Obviously Tryon was viewed highly as they spent a 4th rounder on him. Ive seen scouting reports from people tat said Tryon was a good CB also. If he has high potential, then you can't judge the guy after 4 preaseason games. Tryon look bad this preaseason, but if he his a quality #3 guy two years down the road, we should keep him

Thank You:cheers:

I can see this totally tearing the team apart...

I don't like this. I don't like this at all.

:rolleyes:

The players are professionals, and they know this is a business.

They can't keep what they may deem as "inferior talent" b/c they fear that some player on the team is gonna pout.

Some are acting like we just released Darrell Green in his prime. :)

Well there is your answer for anybody wondering why Carlos was pissed last night. He probably knew this was coming and if u watch any of Comcast Pregame u know those 4 corners are really tight. So I guess he knew one of his boys was gonna be shown the door.

Hopefully Hall can come in and earn the respect of Carlos and the rest of the secondary. I think he will.

He should've looked for the ball in the Rams game.

Seriously though, I thought we needed depth at CB. Why let him go? How about Kareem Moore or Mke Green? Or Rob Jackson? Even placing Malcolm Kelly on IR would've been a more prudent move(although supposedly he is healthy now).

:rolleyes:

The players are professionals, and they know this is a business.

They can't keep what they may deem as "inferior talent" b/c they fear that some player on the team is gonna pout.

Some are acting like we just released Darrell Green in his prime. :)

If you don't think players don't get disgruntled with the moves a team makes then you are only fooling yourself:doh:

Obviously you don't remember when an "unnamed" player spoke out in anonymity to the media about how screwed up the defense was and the moves they made

I have never been impressed with Torrence. He was basically a warm body that filled a roster spot. Torrence has gotten about as good as he is going to get while Tryon, with good coaching, may develop into a good player. Tryon has more upside. I'm kinda stoked that the Redskins could have Springs, Rogers, Smoot, Hall, Landry and Horton all on the field at the same time. Springs can play free safety while Landry is moved back into the box to blitz and support the run. Springs could be the best cover safety in the league.

No, stupid posts like this which are devoid of any explanation or reasoning and are meant solely to attack a player in a derogatory manner suck ass.

Bet you wouldn't have been pissed if I said "Romo sits to pee sucks ass" without giving an explanation.:silly:

If you don't think players don't get disgruntled with the moves a team makes then you are only fooling yourself:doh:

Obviously you don't remember when an "unnamed" player spoke out in anonymity to the media about how screwed up the defense was and the moves they made

A player with an agenda that didn't have the guts to identify himself.

But hey, Campbell is having a pro bowl year.

So is Cooley.

Portis could end up with 1900+ yards, the rushing tiltle and the MVP Award.

Moss is back to fine form.

The defense is playing great.

Fletcher should be a pro bowler.

The Redskins found a STEAL in Horton, who could end up DROY.

Zorn is doing well for a rookie HC and could be coach of the year.

The team is 6-3 with a moderately difficult schedule, and could be headed to the playoffs where they could make some noise.

But no no........ you're right. The Redskin players will give ALL THAT up and "blow up the team"....

....just for little Leigh Torrence.

Smart thinking there. :rolleyes::)

Rams game, burned in the 4th qtr, allowing them to get into field goal range and win the game. The guy can't cover ****.

You realize the example you are giving was an underthrown ball in which Torrence had PERFECT coverage. If that ball was thrown properly it was an interception or deflection. Bulger lucked out that Avery was able to make a great adjustment. This is also a play our coaches went out and said was moreso on Kareem Moore blowing his assignment than anything else.

Moore had RB responsibility and when he stayed in to block he was suppose to blitz but didn't. He also didn't drop back to give Torrence help, he stood there and did nothing making us play with 10 men against their 11.

If that one game-losing play is so bad to get him cut, then was his game saving play against Arizona tipping the ball to Carlos enough to keep him around?

Torrence was a very solid #3/4 corner. He gets a lot of **** because fans don't like to accept the fact that all defenders get beat. Regardless of how well or poorly Torrence has played this season, he has played much better than DeAngelo.

I don't mind picking up Hall, but I don't like losing Torrence. He was great on ST and solid on D.

Archived