Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Torrence Shocked By Release

TK

Let's review the evidence, so far:

Hall becomes a one-year FA here, replaces a soon-to-be FA Torrence.

Hall > Torrence. Win.

Hall ($ 492,000) vs. Torrence (~$198000), pro-rated salaries for rest of season.

Slight $$ setback but no lost draft choices. Win.

Torrence-26, 4th CB vs. Hall-25, 3rd/4th CB.

Hall > Torrence. Win.

Randle-El, best fair-catcher in NFL vs. Hall, potentially decent punt returner.

Hall > Randle-El. This is a hunch and assumes Hall doesn't muff a bunch of punts. Win.

Moss, punt returner supreme vs. Hall, bargain basement punt returner.

Hall > injured punt returner Moss (hypothetical). Win.

Hall catching INTs vs. Rogers dropping INTs.

INTs > almost INTs. Win. Maybe Rogers seems upset because he might eventually lose playing time if Hall comes in and does well.

Ghost of Pacman vs. LockerRoom Cancer Shockey vs. Hall.

Does cause PR nightmare while off field ala Pacman? Is he the team spirit destroyer like Shockey appears to be? Not yet. Win.

The owner/GM formerly known as Al Davis vs. Hall.

Could Hall have flopped just to escape RaiderLand?* It's been done before. (see: Porter, Jerry; Moss, Randy)

Redskins organization > Raiders organization. Win.

*(OK, some would argue I took too much creative license with this last point. Let's just give it some time and see what happens, alright?).

Edit: I missed this point while working on my post, but a great point made.

Springs is as good as gone so we'll have his salary slot to resign Hall if he fits in.

Can someone please give me a decent reason as to why Torrence got cut, but Tryon got to stay?

I'd really like to know.

Vinny wants to keep Tryon so he won't have such a failed draft class this year. On his radio show today, he claimed the coaches said Torrence was low man on the totem pole. But this will be a good lesson learned professionally for Torrence -that no man is completely safe from getting cut even during the season. Hopefully another team will pick him up.

That dude did a good job for us and was only getting better. That doesn't make sense."

They must be seeing something we aren't cause everytime I watch him play, he blew coverages, missed INT's and didn't cover very well.

I might add,that his lack of competant coverage was what lost us the Rams game!!

He may have been a good ST player, but he sucked at playing in coverage.

Archived