Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gears of War 2

Jofizz

i have a ps3 and xbox 360

i'm torn on whether to get gow2 or resistance 2

any thoughts? (answer "assuming" i cant get both)

That's pretty tough. Fanboys are probably going to tell you to get one or the other, but they are pretty much equal with their own unique advantages. It'd probably be best to read up on them yourself to see which one you find more interesting, because there isn't a distinct "better" one. I only have the PS3 so I have to get Resistance 2.

Yeah, they got that bull**** halo/cod lobby now. One of the biggest reasons I loved GOW was their co-op multiplayer. Now all the matches are private and you have to invite friends to play. Can't pick your own games anymore.

Not liking this at all.

I haven't really got into playing online. I hated GoW online before not having a lobby to invite friends. I love Halo's approach. Set up a party you want then enter the game, rather than randomly jumping into game and hoping you can toggle yourself on the same team. If you wanted a custom game then you can create your own game to play with friends. Again I am more familiar with Halo 3 than GoW2, but much favored Halo3 to GoW

I just played for a bit with a buddy of mine through xbox live co op is pretty fun. Graphics are crazy on this game. There is so many games to get this holiday season. If anybody wants to play sometime hit me on up the Xbox my GT is "Steel Fajitas"

I haven't really got into playing online. I hated GoW online before not having a lobby to invite friends. I love Halo's approach. Set up a party you want then enter the game, rather than randomly jumping into game and hoping you can toggle yourself on the same team. If you wanted a custom game then you can create your own game to play with friends. Again I am more familiar with Halo 3 than GoW2, but much favored Halo3 to GoW

You can create your own party before playing a game on Call of Duty 4 also.

Graphics are really good. game play is the same as GOW1.

It's not a game that blows me away. Honestly, Dead Space so far is the best game of the year for me!!!

I can't wait for prince of persia. Since the sands of time series, I think it is one of the most original games in game play, being interesting and challenging all at once.

Mirrors edge looks really interesting too.

I can't wait to play GOW2. I loved the first one but didn't play online much. I was Halo all the way until COD4 came out and I haven't played Halo since.

My roommate got Mirror's Edge and it looks sweet when I watch him play. I haven't had a chance to try it myself.

I just have to wait for Gamefly to send GOW2, or pony up and buy it myself.

I will definately be getting GoW2. I loved the first one.

Has anybody bought Fallout 3? I thought that one looked great in the trailers and screen shots. Is it any good?

I've found Fallout 3 to be pretty boring for the most part and I hate the combat.

A ton of people love it though and the reviews were great so maybe it's just me.

Archived