Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Optical Illusions anyone?

sleazye

Here is the American flag one....

This after-image optical illusion appears, once you've stared at the red dot in the center of the USA flag more than 30 seconds; now quickly turn your eyes towards some white spot - for example: your celling, a wall, piece of paper... What do you see?

usa-flag.0.jpg

Cool. It becomes Red, White and Blue on the wall.

• 1 month later...

How about an auditory one? It's called a Shepard scale.

Click here and press the play button at the link

You may notice that the scale always seems to be going down, but not getting much lower. It’s an auditory equivalent of an old-fashioned barber pole. But how is it possible in a sound pattern?

Imagine a chord of three notes. The top note starts at zero volume and gets progressively louder as it gets louder it descends in pitch until it reaches the middle note of the chord's origonal position, then it starts to get quieter. When it reaches the pitch of the third note in the chord it goes to zero and dissapears. When the note reaches the position of the middle note in the chord, a new note begins above it, and when it dissapears another note comes in on top.

Musical barber pole.

Although it probably has more than two notes at a time, but the above is a simplification.

What direction is she spinning?

2007b.gif

I got it. Ok here's how it worked for me. Whenever u want her to change direction, only show the portion of the picture showing her leg from around the knee down. Then look over top of your computer screen to something else, but keep the pic in your peripheral so u can still see her. Now imagine her legs spinning the other way and make a circle that way with your index finger facing down. FOLLOW her leg that's off the ground and slowly raise the picture :applause:

I really like the spinning girl. At first, she was going counterclockwise for me, and there was nothing I could do to change it. Now, she is going clockwise, and I can't make her go the other way.

This one is similar. If you concentrate on the red dots, it spins counterclockwise. If you concentrate on the yellow dots, it spins clockwise.

wheelofconfusion.gif

I don't know why but when it comes to those kinds if illusions I can mazke it go in either direction. The one with the girl spinning, I can make hewr switch back and forth any time I want.

• 8 months later...

squarecirclespiral.jpg

Let your eyes roam over it; the squares appear to form a spiral pattern. But then more carefully trace over the pattern — block some of it with your hand to be sure — and you see they are aligned in perfect circles.

Still not sure? Let me prove it: all I did was draw in circles.

squarecirclespiral_ann.jpg

• 8 months later...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9PZizBDBZw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9PZizBDBZw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

the candle thing is just like that guy who paints those pictures on sidewalks all stretched out like that but when you look at them at a certain angle they take on a shape much like that cube. someone post that guy;'s stuff, i can't remember his name and i can't believe no one's posted his stuff yet. some of the most amazing modern art i've ever seen.

the candle thing is just like that guy who paints those pictures on sidewalks all stretched out like that but when you look at them at a certain angle they take on a shape much like that cube. someone post that guy;'s stuff, i can't remember his name and i can't believe no one's posted his stuff yet. some of the most amazing modern art i've ever seen.

like this:

The-Cave.jpg

http://www.moillusions.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/The-Cave.jpg

You can see a lot of them here: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm

• 4 weeks later...

Archived