Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA Trade: Allen Iverson to Detroit

StillUnknown

just saw it on ESPNNEWS.Stephen A Smith is reporting a deal is very close to being completed. Allen Iverson goes to detroit for Chauncey Billups & Antonio McDyess

the deal has been agreed to in principle

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3679931

The Denver Nuggets are expected to trade Allen Iverson to the Detroit Pistons for Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess, Pistons team sources told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

The deal has not been finalized.

This would be the second time Iverson has been traded in two years. He was dealt by Philadelphia to Denver in December 2006, kicked out of Philly over irreconcilable differences as part of a package that brought Andre Miller to the 76ers.

Stephen A. Smith covers the NBA for ESPN.

Wouldn't call A.I. a scrub, but Billups is one of the best leaders the league has had in the past decade. Not only is he great with the ball, he is great without it, too. I can't say the same for Iverson, granted he will drive the hole and put himself at risk all the time.

I think he does it, a lot of times, to make himself the center of attention on the court. A lot of times he does low-percentage acrobatics that could have been developed in to better plays if he knew how to be a chess player out there, like Billups. It is a team game, and Iverson has never mastered the art of being a leader. Hell of a physical talent, though.

I'd take Billups.

what has iverson ever done?

those awards and all star votes are popular votes. he has NO rings, he has been kicked off of 2 teams now and we wont even go in to the whole "practice" thing.

yeah, he is a scrub. he had talent but he is washed up.

he took the sixers to the Finals, they just ran up against the Lake show that year

Karl Malone, Stockton, Barkley all have NO rings, doesn't make them scrubs.

he took the sixers to the Finals, they just ran up against the Lake show that year

Karl Malone, Stockton, Barkley all have NO rings, doesn't make them scrubs.

karl malone and stockton were never driven from a team. and all 3 of those players are 20000000x's better players then iverson.

he got handled by tyrone liu...how does that happen?

karl malone and stockton were never driven from a team. and all 3 of those players are 20000000x's better players then iverson.

he got handled by tyrone liu...how does that happen?

everybody has an off night or two

i think Iverson is a headache, but i like the way he plays. he always plays hurt and takes a ton of punishment for as small as he is.

i'm by no means saying he's better than the 3 i listed, i'm just saying he's not a scrub by any stretch. hell he's probably one of the 5 best SG's to ever play

everybody has an off night or two

i think Iverson is a headache, but i like the way he plays. he always plays hurt and takes a ton of punishment for as small as he is.

i'm by no means saying he's better than the 3 i listed, i'm just saying he's not a scrub by any stretch. hell he's probably one of the 5 best SG's to ever play

he got moved from being a 1 to a 2 because he shot the ball so much and NEVER gave out assists. if you gotta shoot 40 times to get 25 points then there is something wrong wtih you.

used to like his heart in the beginning but he became too selfish and acted more thuggish then player.

dont give him 5 best either...maybe 10 ;)

he got moved from being a 1 to a 2 because he shot the ball so much and NEVER gave out assists. if you gotta shoot 40 times to get 25 points then there is something wrong wtih you.

used to like his heart in the beginning but he became too selfish and acted more thuggish then player.

dont give him 5 best either...maybe 10 ;)

i never viewed him as a pg. i think people tried to make into a pg because of his height, but his style of play was always more similar to a SG

he gettin better with the passing as he's aged though, he averaged 26pts & 7assists last season. good assist numbers from the SG spot.

Honestly i have Iverson as the 4th best SG, behind Jordan, Kobe, & Jerry West

i never viewed him as a pg. i think people tried to make into a pg because of his height, but his style of play was always more similar to a SG

he gettin better with the passing as he's aged though, he averaged 26pts & 7assists last season. good assist numbers from the SG spot.

Honestly i have Iverson as the 4th best SG, behind Jordan, Kobe, & Jerry West

the iceman

clyde the glide

dumars

d wade

mcgrady (reach)

earl monroe

the iceman

clyde the glide

dumars

d wade

mcgrady (reach)

earl monroe

i respect the list, but i can't put T-Mac ahead of him. T-mac hasn't gotten out of the first round yet.

the jury is still out on Wade, way too early to put him on all time lists

the rest of the names i big fans of :cheers:

i respect the list, but i can't put T-Mac ahead of him. T-mac hasn't gotten out of the first round yet.

the jury is still out on Wade, way too early to put him on all time lists

the rest of the names i big fans of :cheers:

I said reach!! :silly:

if it was for dunking we could put VC in there..

clyde the glide was such a great dude and player..thats why he makes my list. just a good stand up guy and could dunk like a mug!!

wade should get back to the playoffs this year with the talent around him..

Archived