Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Times Kicked off the rest of Mr. Obama's Campaign Trail

Gibbsisgod2006

I'm simply using the GOP line, its exactly the same thing that we heard earlier and now all the sudden this stuff is a big deal. These things cut both ways.

So what is it?

Is this a big deal or not?

you and Larry go to the same school of debating?

you cant say this because you said this...its the same song and dance. Obama must have gone to that school too.

"well, look. I know the guy but he doesnt influence my campaign"

its like, speak, rinse, repeat. all campaign long. :doh:

you and Larry go to the same school of debating?

you cant say this because you said this...its the same song and dance. Obama must have gone to that school too.

"well, look. I know the guy but he doesnt influence my campaign"

its like, speak, rinse, repeat. all campaign long. :doh:

The difference is that I don't agree with his campaign on this move. I am literally just using the GOP lines that we've heard since the GOP convention.

After the campaign is over the Washington Times and Post will probably do more articles on Obama than any other newspaper... Not long term thinking here.

If Obama wins then entities like the Times and FOX will have an important role to play. Sure, they are uber-biased, but you need strong counter views to act as checks because they will look deeper into things and because they are desperate to find flaws. Now, that means a large percentage of what they report will be punk or be part-bunk, but it also means that they will help us by occasionally exposing truth we need to know.

You don't want only friends doing stories on you. You want neutral and objectives and those who are skeptical.

As I said, Boo on Obama for this.

It would be interesting to see who was not kicked off and if only right wing papers like the Times were kicked off in order for smaller less important left wing papers to have a seat on the plane. Either way I do not think it is a good move by Obama but I also do not think it is that big of a deal either.

If Obama wins then entities like the Times and FOX will have an important role to play. Sure, they are uber-biased, but you need strong counter views to act as checks because they will look deeper into things and because they are desperate to find flaws. Now, that means a large percentage of what they report will be punk or be part-bunk, but it also means that they will help us by occasionally exposing truth we need to know.

You don't want only friends doing stories on you. You want neutral and objectives and those who are skeptical.

As I said, Boo on Obama for this.

Fox News continues to have a seat, so how exactly is this an issue?

The difference is that I don't agree with his campaign on this move. I am literally just using the GOP lines that we've heard since the GOP convention.

The problem is (assuming worse case scenario w/ respect to Obama kicking these people off the plane) is that your analogy is badly flawed.

Assuming these people were kicked off as a punative measure, it is completely different to the situtation w/ respect to Palin. For your analogy (and therefore using GOP lines w/ respect to Palin being at all logical) to make sense, Palin would have to have been going around giving access, but in a way that was punative in some manner.

Palin essentially gave no access.

Sounds like this was a business decision based on the amount of seats on a plane compared with the importance of a particular newspaper. Sorry Washington Times, but you're not exactly a "big time" paper.

True dat. The Washington Times is a joke on every level.

However, the Dallas Morning News really is a major paper and they got booted too. It's pretty clear that the decisions were made based on who endorsed Obama and who didn't.

Which to me is not all that unreasonable. If one major paper did endorse Obama and a different major paper didn't, and there is only one seat on the plane... well, whatcha gonna do? You are in it to win it.

Archived