Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We lost Crummey!!!(Merged)

Thinking Skins

Practice squad guys aren't really part of the team and don't have contracts. They get paid weekly. Minimum practice squad salary is $5200 per week. It's not part of the cap. Only active roster numbers and dead cap money affect the salary cap.

holy hell ... 5200$ a week to be a practice squad guy .. that's some NICE change in the pocket .. i thought they were paid squat

i am not saying we would have exercised the right but i think if a team wants to sign one of your practice squad players you should have the first choice of elevating him to the active roster.

thats how we have it in our dynasty league. always have the option to block before giving the player up.

Damn. As others, I was hoping he would be part of the rebuilding of the line next year. I had a feeling someone would swipe him. I really think with all the injuries the teams go through throughout the year, you should be able to stash these players away without another team pilfering them. How are teams going to get better and develop players if they get shuffled back and forth from one city to another?

I certainly hope he doesn't do too Crummey in Cinci. I truly am sorry, I couldn't help myself with the terrible pun. LOL

Actually, I hope he does "Crummey" there, so they release him and we can pick him up again. Maybe next year he'll be available again.

We're old on the O line, but three out of five of those guys can still play at a super high level. Actually, all five of them can play at a high level, but we've got two young linemen who can fill in and get it done if a couple of them need rest or get hurt. Crummey was okay, but he wouldn't have started for us in the next couple of years. Can you imagine the name "Crummey" on the back of a Bengals jersey? Eeee! :paranoid:

I think it's a loss for us. Maybe not big, but we have Heyer, Rhinehart, Kerry Brown on IR, Geisinger and had Crummey. That was alot of good youth on the O-line for the price of one single 3rd rounder (Rhinehart) and Crummey had 2nd round talent before he broke his leg his junior year.

I think it's a loss for us. Maybe not big, but we have Heyer, Rhinehart, Kerry Brown on IR, Geisinger and had Crummey. That was alot of good youth on the O-line for the price of one single 3rd rounder (Rhinehart) and Crummey had 2nd round talent before he broke his leg his junior year.

Add Devin Clark to that list. We had an embarrisment of riches in at least potential OL talent this offseason.

Jason

crumming from maryland could play all line spots!! he going to be good i wonder why we didn,t lock him up, another dockery like player , going to another team. we have to start locking these line men up the line is getting old and a guy like crumming could have started next year ...

( what a loss for the skins he was a beast a keeper !! ** and let devin play get this man the ball in the red zone .

Archived