Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We lost Crummey!!!(Merged)

Thinking Skins

You guys are distorting the OP's original intention.

His disappointment was with the fact that since Crummey was NOT on the active roster but only on the practice squad, we recieve NO ham sandwich.

Wait a minute wouldn't there be at the end of the season a compensatory Ham sandwich from Quiznos or Subway depending on his contribution to the team, or amount community service? (hey its cincy)

How does practice squad players effect the salary cap? Are the Redskins on the hook for his rookie contract or do the Bengals absorb his contract/singing bonus?

Practice squad guys aren't really part of the team and don't have contracts. They get paid weekly. Minimum practice squad salary is $5200 per week. It's not part of the cap. Only active roster numbers and dead cap money affect the salary cap.

IMO sign him and put geisinger back on PS. Thats just me, we prob lost him already though
Geisinger, as Doc said in the preseason, is a mauler. He is the guy that Buges seems to think can take over for Rabach down the line.

Heyer, Geisinger, Rino. 3 cogs in our future OL. If Clark from the PS pans out, that is 4 of 5. Though methinks he is PS for a reason.

Crap!!! I was hoping he would be a key integral part into rebuilding our offensive line!!!

The thing is that he'll probably be signed to a 1 year deal and then we'll have an opportunity to sign him back next year. So this is kinda like his opportunity to gain some real life playing experience before we bring him back to training camp next year.

Geisinger, as Doc said in the preseason, is a mauler. He is the guy that Buges seems to think can take over for Rabach down the line.

Heyer, Geisinger, Rino. 3 cogs in our future OL. If Clark from the PS pans out, that is 4 of 5. Though methinks he is PS for a reason.

Add Kerry Brown to that list of projects. It seemed like Brown and Crummey were a step above Clark. Sucks to lose someone that could have been a solid interior lineman. Good for him to move onto a roster, who knows he might come back or suck.

His contract cant be much so he could get cut in the offseason too.

I don't get why you guys get so many hard-ons for ****ing practice squad guys.......they rarely, if ever amount to anything in the NFL. Get over it already. Jesus.

nah, I think he got an injury settlement and was released from our IR. I think thats why he's not showing up on our IR.

Well he it was reported back in July that we placed him on IR thus retaining his rights after we cut him and he cleared waivers. Below is the report from KFFL.

Redskins | K. Brown placed on IR

Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:27:22 -0700

The Washington Redskins have placed OG Kerry Brown (shoulder) on Injured Reserve after he cleared waivers. He is out for the 2008 season.

He is not on the IR list on Redskins.com though maybe he was released from IR as you suggest. I missed that report though and can't find any reference to him getting a settlement.

Who knows I guess. I'd hoped he would work out but maybe he was a fre agent for a reason.

Archived