Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe T. Take on the Mitchell-Portis flap

ccsl2

Wow Theismann was dead on. He really hit the nail on the head. The thing that agitated me the most about the B-Mitch/Portis confrontation was when B-Mitch said that Portis was out of shape. Portis had the most carries in the league last year and he has Betts behind him. Ladell has shown than he can carry the rock 20 to 25 times a game if necessary. If Clinton was as out of shape as he claims, he wouldn't have had so many carries with some one like Ladell behind him.

Hasn't Portis been run down from behind because he ran out of gas...I remember, I think it was the Texans game a year or two ago, when he flat out just gave up.

So? Ive seen plenty of running backs get ran down by cornerbacks because they were out of gas.....its part of carrying the ball 25-30 times a game....which CP typically does.

Joey T has really come around and I couldnt be happier. I hope he settles in to the Redskins family broadcasting but I will miss his knowledge on MNF. I wonder how him and Jaws would have done together.
Yeah, Kornheiser really dosen't know much about the game and makes some pretty stupid comments. When it doesn't relate to football he can be pretty entertaining. I think Joe T. and Jaws would have been good together. I'll probably get ripped for saying this by some of you goons but I hope Joe gets the radio job when Sonny retires.

Hasn't Portis been run down from behind because he ran out of gas...I remember, I think it was the Texans game a year or two ago, when he flat out just gave up.
You mean the season where Portis got hurt in the first pre-season game and sat out the rest of training camp and was not in game shape and broke a long run and got winded at the end, oh yea he just gave up right..... if you dont think Portis is dying to break 70 yard touchdown runs then your crazy.

I guess Darren McFadden just gave up when he broke his long run this weekend and got taken down from behind?

So? Ive seen plenty of running backs get ran down by cornerbacks because they were out of gas.....its part of carrying the ball 25-30 times a game....which CP typically does.

We brought him here to hit the home run....like he did for Denver....he hit a homerun the first time he touched the ball....nothing remotely close since.....the thing that gets me is Portis will say "When Laddell is in there we don't miss a beat"....uhhhhh WHAT?!?!?!....then why the heck do you get paid superstar money if Betts can do the same thing you can do?...Geez we could spend that money else where if that were the case..... :2cents:

We brought him here to hit the home run....like he did for Denver....he hit a homerun the first time he touched the ball....nothing remotely close since.....the thing that gets me is Portis will say "When Laddell is in there we don't miss a beat"....uhhhhh WHAT?!?!?!....then why the heck do you get paid superstar money if Betts can do the same thing you can do?...Geez we could spend that money else where if that were the case..... :2cents:

youre right. 179 yards last year against the jets is nothing.

2 TDs last week is a BIG nothing.

:doh:

Archived