Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DUMBEST things you've heard a fan say?

Santana_Fan

This is not a quote from a fan as such - its from my wife. Its something she continues to say which is way past dumb.

When I watch games I tend to get, lets say 'emotional', when things happen such as a Redskins player making a mistake, opposition player making a good play, official making a mistake which is in favour of the opposition etc etc. You get the idea.

At these times - like many of you I'm sure - I tend to vocalise my displeasure and/or provide advice on what SHOULD have happened, via the TV screen and at volume.

At these moments if she happens to be in the room (she is learning to leave me alone while the game is on - its taken 10 years and counting but baby steps) she invariably looks at me and says "Its just a game".

I'm starting to to think she is doing it on purpose at times of great stress to send what must be already dangerously high blood pressure even higher to induce a heart attack and collect the insurance .......

This is not a quote from a fan as such - its from my wife. Its something she continues to say which is way past dumb.

When I watch games I tend to get, lets say 'emotional', when things happen such as a Redskins player making a mistake, opposition player making a good play, official making a mistake which is in favour of the opposition etc etc. You get the idea.

At these times - like many of you I'm sure - I tend to vocalise my displeasure and/or provide advice on what SHOULD have happened, via the TV screen and at volume.

At these moments if she happens to be in the room (she is learning to leave me alone while the game is on - its taken 10 years and counting but baby steps) she invariably looks at me and says "Its just a game".

I'm starting to to think she is doing it on purpose at times of great stress to send what must be already dangerously high blood pressure even higher to induce a heart attack and collect the insurance .......

Hope she isnt an extremskins member also? :paranoid:

A lot ( not all women) just don't like it when their husband/boyfriends attention is on something other than them.

Madden has a lot to do with this, too.
Of that there is no doubt. The Madden mentality has certainly led some to believe they actually know more and can do a better job,(even if,like I said,most of us couldn't play call or coach ourselves out of a paper bag at the pro level). I've actually seen that as well and I believe mentioned it in another post. Annoying,but interesting mind set to watch.

A lot ( not all women) just don't like it when their husband/boyfriends attention is on something other than them.

No its not that - at least not in this case. She just does not understand why I get so excited/upset/homicidal about a 'game'.

Great story. I can relate. My wife used to root for the 49ers for Joe Montana and Steve Young then she was a Packer fan, then Jets fan and I guess now as of today she will be pulling for the Vikings.

She was happy last year when finally after the first quarter of the Bengals game, I stopped yelling at the TV. Apathy had set in. A little later or a little earlier then some years but since 1991, it happens at some point and the house becomes quiet. <sigh>

I think I saw a thread about trading Santana Moss... Thats probably the most stupid idea I've heard in awhile...

For Brandon "pay me or trade me" Marshall at that:chair: Really?? Whatever happend to homegrown talent arguement?? It's not as if we don't have 3 young talented players in Thomas,Kelly and Davis:silly:.

Archived